It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Tea Party invaded ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The TPM is just an arm of the GOP. That's why you have Caribou Barbie stumping for both the TPM and the GOP. Anyone that hasn't figured out that the TPM is a sham by now is truly ignorant.

Terrorists? Hardly. GOP nutjobs? Maybe. People with the constitutional right to freedom of speech no matter how misguided? Definitely.

Actually the GOP is "trying" to claim the TPM as their baby, when in fact, the suck just as bad as the other team of liars.
Its a political enema stew in the making, you should jump in and help weed them out, get your hands dirty a bit.
You enjoy the freedoms, ? , earn them !

[edit on 30-3-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I am all for independent candidates. But all the TPM want is far RIGHT candidates. I say Middle ground, people who ACTUALLY are middle of the road. Not too left, not to right, middle.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I am all for independent candidates. But all the TPM want is far RIGHT candidates. I say Middle ground, people who ACTUALLY are middle of the road. Not too left, not to right, middle.

Thats what we're up to.
We've gotten six possible we're sorting through for 2 seats.
Battling the settled in old money system is very hard to overcome.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Iv'e covered every local TPM get together as a producer/videographer for a cable channel and from my experience the middle of the roaders are a small minority. The TPM folks I have run into tended to be right, far right, Beck devotees and a few racist white supremacists.

Almost exclusively white people with only a few token Hispanics and a few Orientals

It may be different in other parts of the country. And from what I've experienced here on ATS, there does seem to be quite a few TPM folks here and they love to bash both parties but they aren't really fooling anyone.
The GOP has em by the short hairs and they dance to exgov Palin's tune if truth be told. IMO

[edit on 30-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

Thats what we're up to.
We've gotten six possible we're sorting through for 2 seats.
Battling the settled in old money system is very hard to overcome.

As someone who may be looking to seat 2 Representatives please I implore you leave the HCR alone. Go after the banks as your platform. The money men is who you should be targeting.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I hope we get more Tea Party people. They at least clean up their trash when they protest
unlike filthy liberals who leave their trash everywhere,

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I'm not going to lie, I'm rather uneducated when it comes to what the Tea Party actually is.
I've heard much in the way of opinions about them, both good and bad, but I am as yet unfamiliar with their manifesto or philosophies.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
I hope we get more Tea Party people. They at least clean up their trash when they protest
unlike filthy liberals who leave their trash everywhere,

A bunch of stoner liberals helped clean up Max Yasgur's farm after Woodstock 1969. Remember this.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
as far as the Hippies in Woodstock, I don't know. I do know This Obama's people leave junk everywhere. Tea Baggers take their trash with them.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
everybody has invaded ats. the eyes of the world and beyond. tptb, et, govt, you, me. were either lurking or posting........................

[edit on 31-3-2010 by gaurdian2012]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The defining act of the Tea Party movement was the Boston Tea Party which according to modern definitions was an act of terrorism.

I disagree. Firstly The Boston Tea Party movement did not involve any violence against people. Secondly, it was not designed to make the British afraid of the colonists, but rather designed as a protest to send a message about what they thought of high taxes and lack of representation.

The Tea group flat out refuses to accept the possibility of a potential violent subset that exists in its ranks and flat out refuses to flush itself of said elements.

The largest Tea Party group is TeaPartyPatriots.com. Name someone associated with the website who they should flush out but don't. Just one, as an example.

in the event a member of the Tea Group kills a sitting politician it's game over for us all. Remember this and inform your group of this next time you attend another rally.

I think if that happens it would be game over for the Tea Party but alternatives would continue to grow. But you are somewhat right in that I think it would severely damage all liberty movements. And for that reason if it does happen you have to question if it was really a Tea Party person or was actually someone painted to be a Tea Party member when they we're a lone nut or working with some other party.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

The largest Tea Party group is TeaPartyPatriots.com. Name someone associated with the website who they should flush out but don't. Just one, as an example.

Sarah Palin.

Sorry, but it's still my Opinion that the TPM is by an large made up of extreme right wingers.

I mean c'mon, how unpartizan can they possibly be when on their site they are advertising books like.

US Constitution Coach Kit: Ronald W. Reagan Leadership Edition

The Five Thousand Year Leap: 30 Year Anniversary

(This one has a review by none other than Glen Beck)

I beg you to read this book filled with words of wisdom which I can only describe as divinely inspired. You will find answers to questions plaguing America, and more importantly you will find hope. I know I have!
--Glenn Beck, Nationally Syndicated Radio and Television Host

Some of us do want real change in government. But don't subscribe to the TPM EXTREME Right wing philosophy.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Terrorists? Seriously!

These people are not terrorists. Why dont you go to one and see what they are all about. They are sick of what our govt is doing to this country. That doesnt make them a terrorists!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I notice there is a lot of threads worded near exact like the talking points of The Tea Party Right Wing Terrorist Group. Have they in fact, invaded ATS?

What do y'all think?

And if so, is there anything that can be done to quell this dissent as this movement as a whole clearly does not need to associate or be seen as being associated with an uncontrollable element group like this as it is cancerous to a movement like ours?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

I notice there is a lot of threads worded near exact like the talking points of The Democrat Left Wing Terrorist Group.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

The defining act of the Tea Party movement was the Boston Tea Party which according to modern definitions was an act of terrorism.

I disagree. Firstly The Boston Tea Party movement did not involve any violence against people. Secondly, it was not designed to make the British afraid of the colonists, but rather designed as a protest to send a message about what they thought of high taxes and lack of representation.

Violent acts against either persons or property is an act of terrorism like it or not. Learn what the law reads before you try and poke holes in it.

The Tea group flat out refuses to accept the possibility of a potential violent subset that exists in its ranks and flat out refuses to flush itself of said elements.

in the event a member of the Tea Group kills a sitting politician it's game over for us all. Remember this and inform your group of this next time you attend another rally.

I think if that happens it would be game over for the Tea Party but alternatives would continue to grow. But you are somewhat right in that I think it would severely damage all liberty movements. And for that reason if it does happen you have to question if it was really a Tea Party person or was actually someone painted to be a Tea Party member when they we're a lone nut or working with some other party.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I notice there is a lot of threads worded near exact like the talking points of The Tea Party Right Wing Terrorist Group. Have they in fact, invaded ATS?

What do y'all think?

And if so, is there anything that can be done to quell this dissent as this movement as a whole clearly does not need to associate or be seen as being associated with an uncontrollable element group like this as it is cancerous to a movement like ours?

I notice there is a lot of threads worded near exact like the talking points of The Democrat Left Wing Terrorist Group.

Anyone remember the US DoJ report from Summer 2009 warning of the rise of extremits right wing groups? The Tea'rs match this to a t.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
hmm....I have attended a couple of tea party events and I am a veteran and an american, as well as a father, and grand father..... now because I go to that event... that makes me a terrorist?

How does it make me one...???

personally i think that is a generalized rather unintelligent remark of putting all people in your so called terrorist group...

why do you do that?

and what movement are you talking about???

[edit on 30-3-2010 by lilwolf]

A troll I am not and can assure you that. The Tea group flat out refuses to accept the possibility of a potential violent subset that exists in its ranks and flat out refuses to flush itself of said elements.

If you are so protective of your radical sect and flat out refuse to expel them makes the movement as a whole a legit terrorist group as defined by The USA Patriot Act Reauthorization of 2006. Read more in the same section as the "Lone Wolf" clause. Can be extended to include groups and radical political groups as well.

Help us bring sanity to an otherwise admirable group, The entire focus of the group needs to be taken away from something as trivial as HCR but to those elements that are in fact causing this mess as it goes Above The President. Out those driving the world towards chaos and disorder as in the event a member of the Tea Group kills a sitting politician it's game over for us all. Remember this and inform your group of this next time you attend another rally.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret which by now isn't so secret,

Ever since Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in Aug 2005 the US Federal Government under the direction of TPTB has been itching to activate and further it's National Martial Law Directive. New Orleans was just a taste of that directive. Do not give them the reason to launch it.

You personally are probally and most definately mad cool (mad in that regard is Northern slang for very, with absolute certainty).

All,

Look at the wording on each of my over 130+ posts since May 09 and see the way I present everything is from a different prespective. I have been on the inside between 2002 - present and know way more then I let on.

I've known of roughly 80% of all items well before 80% of the populous did between the period of 2002 - present. So on matters like this I know exactly what I'm talking about. I do not troll, I am a member of the staff on a toy car collector website and flat out despise and hate trolls.

I've been a member of the overall truther movement since 2002 and by asking simple questions should not warrant attacks as in that guise nothing constructive can be accomplished.

You need to be tied to a post by a big steroidal jack boot. The constitution needs to be directly in front of You so You can read it while You are hanging there. Then the jack boot needs to whip You until You learn the constitution.

Your post is so freaking stupid.... Just because You liberals have flaming communists in the group should We banish You from the country? Since You liberals have eugenics lovers amongst Your group that want to wipe out the genetically inferior should We banish You? I can't stand You pieces of crap because You use the government to legislate thievery. I would love to see all of You people banned from this country and sent to Your dream home which is communist china... I won't act on that and I'll not want the government to do that to You because unlike You I believe in the constitution and I believe You have the right to spout Your lies just as long as I have the right to tell You to shut the # up.....

So what if the tea partiers have a certain element You don't like. The tea party is made up of many different types of people and those people make up the whole. You can't run off a certain group just because of their beliefs...

If You acted upon Your wishes then You need to turn around and run off all the racists in the demacratic party but then again if You do that You will loose a huge percentage of Your voting block.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

They are all hanging out in the birther threads.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Wow. How so completely wrong you are, I don't know where to begin.

To hurl bricks through office windows of United States Congressmen and Congresswomen, to call people like Rep. James Clyburn (R-SC), Rep. Bill Clay (D-MO), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Ed Towns (D-NY), Rep. Don Lewis (D-GA), Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-GA), Rep. Corrine Brown (D-GA), Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL), Rep. Eddie Johnson (D-TX), Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL), Rep. Robert Scott (D-IL) and any other sitting African American House member by the "N" word is hateful and racist and shows how racist the overall movement is. Flush elements like this. Calling Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) by the f word and calling him a fruitcake as well as other Anti Homosexual terms is hateful and harmful. Especially when he was leaving the grounds with his Partner and he almost broke out in tears on The Rachel Maddow show about a week or so back. To call up members of Congress and threaten their lives does nothing positive.

FYI, there have been threats against congressmen for a very long time, THIS IS NOTHING NEW. You forgot to mention the Virginia congressmen that had a bullet fired threw his window. He is Republican.
Where is the proof that these things were said? There's not any, other than the lying msm you listen to. You really need to look around you and research these things ON YOUR OWN. Go to a tea party rally and let us see the video you get of all the "terrorists" engaged in the abominable behaviors you and others are accusing them of. Until then, stop trolling please.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
hmm....I have attended a couple of tea party events and I am a veteran and an american, as well as a father, and grand father..... now because I go to that event... that makes me a terrorist?

How does it make me one...???

personally i think that is a generalized rather unintelligent remark of putting all people in your so called terrorist group...

why do you do that?

and what movement are you talking about???

[edit on 30-3-2010 by lilwolf]

A troll I am not and can assure you that. The Tea group flat out refuses to accept the possibility of a potential violent subset that exists in its ranks and flat out refuses to flush itself of said elements.

If you are so protective of your radical sect and flat out refuse to expel them makes the movement as a whole a legit terrorist group as defined by The USA Patriot Act Reauthorization of 2006. Read more in the same section as the "Lone Wolf" clause. Can be extended to include groups and radical political groups as well.

Help us bring sanity to an otherwise admirable group, The entire focus of the group needs to be taken away from something as trivial as HCR but to those elements that are in fact causing this mess as it goes Above The President. Out those driving the world towards chaos and disorder as in the event a member of the Tea Group kills a sitting politician it's game over for us all. Remember this and inform your group of this next time you attend another rally.

Allow me to let you in on a little secret which by now isn't so secret,

Ever since Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans in Aug 2005 the US Federal Government under the direction of TPTB has been itching to activate and further it's National Martial Law Directive. New Orleans was just a taste of that directive. Do not give them the reason to launch it.

You personally are probally and most definately mad cool (mad in that regard is Northern slang for very, with absolute certainty).

All,

Look at the wording on each of my over 130+ posts since May 09 and see the way I present everything is from a different prespective. I have been on the inside between 2002 - present and know way more then I let on.

I've known of roughly 80% of all items well before 80% of the populous did between the period of 2002 - present. So on matters like this I know exactly what I'm talking about. I do not troll, I am a member of the staff on a toy car collector website and flat out despise and hate trolls.

I've been a member of the overall truther movement since 2002 and by asking simple questions should not warrant attacks as in that guise nothing constructive can be accomplished.

The tea party group does not turn a blind eye to attacks as those that were recently alledged... there is not one video or tape (audio) that shows that the garbage happened in DC as was claimed... now maybe there was and maybe there was not... I am only saying that it is not condoned and you know that...

I do not know about all states and their tea parties... but the group here in Idaho had (emphasise "HAD" ) some bad elements within its group and we removed that..

There is no place for that garbage... but right now emotions are running high and it takes vigilance to spot and weed out the people that get racist and get ignorant... but it is not ignored nor condoned.

We here in this state and many here know all about the martial law clause... and it concerns us...yes.... but we have points that are being addressed and HCR is but one small part of the overall picture... There are people out here that see all of this going on and steps are being taken...to make the public aware of a good many things...

Now granted there might be an incident that the obama and his thugs would try to use to install an active order of martial law... but they also know that to do so is the most dangerous thing they can possibly do.... they are not to likely to bring this full scale... because the consequences are major not only to them, but to the poeple of this nation as a whole...

With that said... rest assured that there are people out here that will not stand and allow it...When the first shot is fired or the first sets of doors are kicked in.... they have then crossed the line....and all bets are off..

Until that defining moment we as americans and tea party folks are going to keep speeking out and keep raising awareness of what is going on, and we will still keep supporting the constitution far and above those in DC....

We can peacably remove them from office ...and that is the preferable way of doing by the ballot box.... or there can be force of violence.... it remains their choice... One would hope that those in DC see the "sleeping giant" they have wakened and heed the call of the amerivcan people... Yet there are those that have an agenda and that is power and control...You know that as well as I do.

However they who wish that aspect are in for some rather disturbing surprises ... very soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join