It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast in Los Angeles at 10am PST on 30 March 2010?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hope this is in the right place, but today my friend swears he heard an emergency broadcast all over the radio in Los Angeles at 10am this morning. He said that the current Sheriff (Lee Baca) announced that emergency centers had been set up all over LA but did not give a reason. He then said that his girlfriend (my friend's gf not the sheriff's) told him they were telling her about it at a community college in the area and said it was related to a possibly large EQ on the way. Has anyone else heard this announcement? Please help. Nothing on the Sheriff website or on the MSM about this. It sounds fishy.

Additionally my brother told me there was a blackout all over Duarte, CA (where I live). This morning there was a huge accident on the 210W freeway (a very heavily traveled freeway in my area). And we are due to move from some nice pleasant SoCal sunny weather into a thunderstorm quite suddenly. It is a very rapid and unexpected change of weather (some people like to call it "earthquake weather"). I have also seen advancements in the ability to predict earthquakes coming to the mainstream finally.

Also my co-worker is in a relationship with someone that works in the Arizona State Police. She said she has not heard from him at all today which his completely out of the norm. He usually texts her every couple of hours to let her know what he's doing. She said to me that he's probably "up to something".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That's very interesting.

Here in Berkeley we are bracing for a big storm with winds and cold temps.

I wonder if the emergency shelters are because of the coming storm, flooding and all that.

Let us know if you hear any more about this.

Stay safe!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the emergency broadcasts at 10am but I found this bit of news interesting and it may have something to do with those emergency broadcasts:

The FCC has proposed amending its rules governing the Emergency Alert System (EAS) in order to test and improve the effectiveness of the system. In particular, the Commission has proposed that all EAS participants be required to join in a nationwide test -- to be scheduled by the FCC in consultation with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) -- to ensure that the system will function properly to inform the public in the event of a national crisis. The FCC proposes to implement the national test on a yearly basis and seeks comment on the specific language of the proposed rule. A copy of the Commission's Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) was recently published in the Federal Register establishing the deadline for Comments on the proposed rules as March 1, 2010, with Reply Comments due on or before March 30, 2010.

Link

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Thats interesting, thank you. The dates are certainly a significant coincidence. I am wondering what the message said, because my friend was genuinely concerned about it. Maybe he was just on one when he heard it and misunderstood, but he said the Sheriff himself announced that they had set up emergency centers all over LA. I am not sure what that means though, and even stranger is that I cannot find any information on the broadcast.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Have you called any of the radio stations there to see what they had to say about it?

Wonder if it was on TV as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I live in the LA area broadcast zone...there was just a test of the emergency broadcast system today..nothing special....they do it monthly as a test...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

deleted double post

[edit on 3/30/2010 by rangersdad]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

No I didn't call them. I just figured since there's no info online they probably don't know anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Edit: Didn't see the date was toolong time ago sorry.

[edit on 30/3/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Cool thanks man. Sounds like my buddy was on a trip when he heard that one haha.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
sky was changing colors earlier i was thinking EQ too.

northern cal

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Dude my mom was reading theres a 66% chance of a 6.7M or greater in the NoCal area. I've been thinking you guys might be getting an EQ soon just cause of all the stuff thats been going on. That little 4 pointer we had here means I think we got passed over for at least a couple more years. Still, I was looking at the sky, but there are clouds everywhere so I can't tell. I did hear a strange rumbling noise a couple of days ago. Thats got me on edge a bit. My friends heard it too.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

it was really weird looking and my phone was dead so i couldnt take a picture.

but before that the weathor was strange too. the sun was out and everything was cool, then it started pooring rain out of nowhere for like 30 minutes, and then the sun was back out. could be completely unrelated (hope so) im on a few faultlines that are overdue.

i cant remember if the san adreas or the hayward is supposed to be bigger but either of them could set off the juan de luca which is supposedly the one that will put most of cali under water.

kinda makes me want to go visit my family back east everytime i think about it...

new topics

top topics

join