It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEC commissioner helped RNC conceal role in 2004 vote suppression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

FEC commissioner helped RNC conceal role in 2004 vote suppression

rawstory.com

Caroline Hunter, a Bush-appointed Federal Election Commissioner who remains in office, provided misleading statements under oath in an effort to conceal Republican National Committee involvement in vote suppression activities during the 2004 presidential election, a Raw Story investigation has found.

Legal experts say Hunter's submission of such statements under oath is a serious ethical and professional breach which could warrant a bar review and potential disbarment. At the time, Hunter was serving as deputy counsel to the Republican National Committee.

How a young Republican lawyer b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
People lets face it. Bush stole the election. He just happens to run agents his cushion on BOTH sides(the Bush family is REALLY SUPER inbred). All the poles show Carrie winning. He looses and he does not ask to see the votes? really? are you joking?The voting Machines where rigged. In one case it was rigged so that for every vote Carrie would get bush would get one firth of a vote.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
All I have to say is...'So What'! It's not like Bush is ever going to be running anything ever again! Wait till we hear what the Democrats did in this last election. It will be no different and probably worse!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It more important to note "how" it was done, rather than "Bush did it".

I don't say this in defense of Bush or the RNC who have a history of 'problems' with the electoral process (re: Watergate, for example).

I mean that I find it increasingly likely that both sides of the party coin (Republican and Democrat) are likely to be guilty of this kind of approach to politics. I hope I needn't go into a comparison between the offenses of each so-called "side."

Bottom line is, as long as the political machinery is structured as it is today, the people stand a continuously diminishing chance of actually being heard via the ballot box.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Still one mans words.....however did the Republicans vote early and often, even when dead, did they use racist members to intimidate voters, did they do any of things that happened in the last election? No two wrongs don't make a right, but the Dems are certainly not on the up and up when it comes to elections. We're never gonna see an end to this kind of thing from either side, and this next election is only gonna be worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

The voting Machines where rigged. In one case it was rigged so that for every vote Carrie would get bush would get one firth of a vote.

Did you even read your own article?

No where in the entire article is machine rigging, or even improper counting techniques mentioned.

No where!

The entire article is about a technique called "vote caging".
Vote caging isn't illegal.

From your article:

In 1982, the RNC agreed to settle the lawsuit
by entering a consent decree that prohibited it from using
"ballot security" measures, meaning any efforts to prevent allegedly unqualified voters from casting a ballot.
The decree was revised in 1987 to include a provision that required the RNC to first gain prior approval from the court before engaging in such measures.

At the very worst, according to your article,
the Repubs broke an agreement with the Dems.
That agreement was from 1987.

This is nothing more than a pathetic attempt at political hacksmanship.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

join