It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA: Iran capable of producing nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

CIA: Iran capable of producing nukes

www.washingtontimes.com

Iran is poised to begin producing nuclear weapons after its uranium program expansion in 2009, even though it has had problems with thousands of its centrifuges, according to a newly released CIA report.

"Iran continues to develop a range of capabilities that could be applied to producing nuclear weapons, if a decision is made to do so," the annual report to Congress states.

A U.S. official involved in countering weapons proliferation said the Iranians are "keeping the door open to the possibility of building a nuclear weapon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ya this reminds me of something/ hmmm what was it? oh ya that right when they also claimed that Sudam has nukes. Did he? nope nope nope I do not think so. I do not know if they have nuke but you know what these news agencies have lost all credibility in my book. That is what i for one think. i mean for all we know they may indeed have nuks but to be totally candid here it is like the boy who cries nuke people

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't believe this administration as far as i can throw them. bunch of warmongers! they are just making up this crap so they can send even more troops overseas!
bunch of chickenhawks!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have to ask the question: why wouldn't Iran want nukes? If you were in the Middle East and you just saw Iraq being attacked why the heck wouldn't you want nukes? If I was in the Middle East and I was a oil-rich dictator I know that the first thing I would do would be to build my defenses and get a nuke as a deterrent.

And secondly, it's not like Iran would get that far with 1950 nuclear technology. Israel could easily obliterate Iran in a nuclear war if it happened. So I really don't see what people are getting so angst about.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
CIA and Iran
hmmmm

CIA has a history of destablizing states

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I don't believe this administration as far as i can throw them. bunch of warmongers! they are just making up this crap so they can send even more troops overseas!
bunch of chickenhawks!

Now hold on a minute, this isn't the Bush Administration, it's the Obama administration, so you've got a little problem there.
It's the Obama administration that has put out this latest information, not the Bush administration... heh

So what do you make of that? The Obama administration allowing an editorial claiming Iran can build nukes if it chooses to, was released...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think CIA got furious with WikiLeaks' europe document leak and the April 5 video and started an information war to distract the public!

Machiavelli's mediaeval tactic is being put to use!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Explain this :
monstersandc ritics

Believe the CIA ? .
lol, since when have they ever been upfront ?
CIA are manipulating psychopaths.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ToneDeaf]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
Explain this :
monstersandc ritics

Believe the CIA ? .
lol, since when have they ever been upfront ?
CIA are manipulating psychopaths.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ToneDeaf]

Exactly
They aren't exactly trustworthy

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iran is supplying weapons to afghan taliban, Iran is trying to build a bomb, Iran nuke scientist defects to US... they are def. ramping up the "evidence" against Iran arent they...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
And secondly, it's not like Iran would get that far with 1950 nuclear technology. Israel could easily obliterate Iran in a nuclear war if it happened. So I really don't see what people are getting so angst about.

You don't understand Israel's mindset. They have a zero tolerance policy towards their enemies developing nuclear weapons. Would you expect them to sit back and wait until Iran DID have enough nukes to challenge them? Israel's nukes are its "failsafe" protection - if any of their enemies develop nukes then they lose that protection. The typical M.A.D. scenario doesn't work in the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

join