It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antihyperparticles and the Mysteries of all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I found this interesting article on Physorg.com. Apparently a very rare particle was observed 50 years ago and these guys were able to recreate the "strange" particle and are confounded by its existence and its implications of the nature of our universe and reality. I find articles like this interesting because this is the info that we are "allowed" to read about. Think of what the worlds top scientists in the employ of governments are privvy to and what it means for our future.

Antihyperparticle

any thoughts on the "matter"? lol (sorry I couldnt resist the pun)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Interesting "stuff" haha. Here's another article I found:

STAR Discovers the Strangest Antimatter Yet
www.articleant.com...

edit: Is your avatar Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's "It"? Creepy...

[edit on 3/30/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That is indeed a good article. Makes u really wonder at all the things in the Universe we DONT know..and what it will mean for society and our future. and yes my avatar is indeed Pennywise..that book scared the crap outta me when I read it as a kid. lol

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

interesting. i posted the other day about this team at brookhaven's work. and it's probably just my ignorance, but in my reading and researching the article (including e-mailing a member of the research team - i rule, kudos, please), i never came across the term antihyperparticle. i mean i understand that's the antimatter equivalent of a hyperparticle, but i didn't come across that term either. is it just a catch-all for a certain class of super subatomic particles? is an antilambda particle a antihyperparticle?

the results of this experiment, however, are of a different matter, so to speak, than the one i posted about. i guess, but as a decided non-scientist, i don't even know. but if that's the case, boy this brookhaven team is really producing ... and some amazing results, at that.

new topics

top topics

join