It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Protester Demands To Know What Muslims Should Use To Travel. Ann Coulter: Camels.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The only one 'heckling' [in reverse] here and being rude was Ann.

Really, the woman needs to get some class. If she wants to have strong opinions- fine. I'm not the thought police. But a little tact goes a long way.

Had I asked the same question after being inspired by something similar to the 'magic carpet' statement and the person in question told me to ride on a foal (new testament entrance), I'd be pretty pissed.

People need to learn the art of saying what's on your mind but without being nasty about it. A concept that Ann, and almost all pundits it seems, can't grasp to save their lives.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ann Coulter was a cell mate of Sam Niell's in John Carpenter's "In The Mouth of Madness"...

O.K. Maybe not. But she is a nut.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
very rude reply ann!! why are people clapping after that comment? lol and why is the muslim girl texting or twittering while asking the question?? only hope is that she wrote the questions down as a text and was simply looking at the phone to refresh her memory? bad manners all around booooooo!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Quick question, now that we've established that Ann is "evi"l. Let's make her black, and have her be rude to a white student. Would we get the same opinions? I doubt it, it seems this sort of "judgement" is only reserved for the right and for whites in particular. Was she rude yes, but in my opinion no ruder than some of the students there.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

For me, my reaction would completely be the same. I'm everything that Ann is- white, female, Christian, conservative, etc. A reason I do not like her is because she is so classless. The biggest reason I don't like her is that she gives the rest of us a bad name.

But yeah. If there was some classless black speaker hammering a white student who simply asked a question and made some remark like go ride your horse, I'd have the same reaction because that type of comment is just plain rude.

Ann also knows full well what she's doing. It's all just in a day's work for her and what brings her attention and income.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
The young lady in question was not a heckler, it was a Q & A session.

Through the beauty of Youtube, people can judge for themselves if the girl was rude. I personally thought she was rather restrained.

Ann claims this has been edited . They cut the heckler out. And i believe her.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

What heckler? The girl asked a question in a Q&A session.

There is another version of this video that was edited to about 30 seconds. It cut out most of what Ann said and it did make her look much ruder.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Ahhh yes are right , this is the full version. Actually I think the crowd was being rude to her but that's just my opinion .

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In today's traffic jam society, I am pretty sure camels would have much better mileage and would be good for the economy.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
True she's no Nancy Pelosi, but at least she speaks her mind.

Why do people say this like it is a great accomplishment or something?
Like she was in a coma for 40 years and just woke up and uttered a sentence?

They say the same about Sarah Palin.

Okay she is able to speak her mind...so am I...but what the hell is she saying that means anything?

Not much.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Actually I think the crowd was being rude to her but that's just my opinion .

Mark this day on your calendar people, because I don't think this is going to happen again. I'm about to somewhat defend Ms. Coulter.

My take on what happened is that while seeming to ramble on about Japan, she was actually attempting to somewhat seriously answer the first part of a two part question which people mistook for avoiding the flying carpet question. Instead of letting her answer the whole thing, they shouted at her to answer and she used her punchline before adequately setting the 'joke' up.

It was rude for the students to tell her to answer the question, but that doesn't make what she said any less nasty.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

My point exactly, them being rude ended in her making a rude comment. Granted, she has said some mean stuff in the past, however, knowing her history why antagonize her? College kids today seem to expect to be able to do or act anyway they want....sometimes, things happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ah good old Ann. Look up Ann Coulter in the dictionary, I wonder what you would find haha.

Originally posted by AshleyD

For me, my reaction would completely be the same. I'm everything that Ann is- white, female, Christian, conservative, etc.

But Brunette.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Edit: delete....

[edit on 31-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Just like an ATS member is responsible for what they post regardless of provocation, Ann is responsible for her statements. She needs to own what she said, not deflect the blame onto the students. After all, she's supposed to be the adult.

I'm fairly sure Ann has been waiting to use that 'ride a camel' line ever since she made the original flying carpet comment and it would have been a crap thing to say in any situation. Saying it to a 17 year old girl just makes it all the worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

if they want special freedom they should fund their own airline

Here is a list of Arab-owned airlines. Among them is Emirates, which regularly wins international awards for the world's best airline.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Bigots like Ann should be harassed everywhere they go. Her and everyone like her should be tied to a Fire-Ants nest and given adrenalin shots every time they pass out. It's the 21st century, I can't believe these ultra-right wing fascist hate filled people haven't been publicly destroyed.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

So, only lefties get freedom of speech? Only those who denegrate our country, unless it's including the leftie savior Obama himself? Only non white people have a right to freedom of speech, how about heterosexuals, should we take it away from them too? The left has it's own handful of asshats, and people who make glaringly stupid comments in it everyday, yet only the right should not have freedom of speech......wow, troll much.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If the issue here is freedom of speech then there's no issue. Everyone, even Nazis like him (yes, him is Coulter) have a right to say what's on their...dare I say it?...brain. In doing that though, they must be prepared to face the music. Others too have the same right and they WILL exercise it any time they have something, anything, to say.

The students weren't rude in asking him to answer the question. If there was another, previous, question left unanswered then the girl shouldn't be allowed to ask a new question - that piles questions up and makes it harder to follow the answers. Since the "what do I use" was the last one asked he was just avoiding the issue until they "forced" his 'mouth' to blurt out that gem of an answer.

Ah, Josef rest happily in his grave for his teachings are followed well (for those not in the know, Josef was the Berlin Gauleiter during WWII).

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Actually that was in response to ghostsoldier. If staking people to anthills for exercising their free seech, is his idea of being a leftie, wow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join