It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington D.C. Shooting: Multiple Victims, At Least One Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Washington D.C. Shooting: Multiple Victims, At Least One Dead

www.huffingtonpost.com

At least five have been injured and one killed after a mass Washington D.C. shooting this evening,

BNO News cites the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department as saying a call came in at 7:27 p.m. local time and "details were still coming in." The incident reportedly took place at the 4000 block of South Capitol Street SE.

At 8:20 p.m. local time, CNN's Nick Valencia confirmed the news tweeting, "JUST IN- CNN confirms 7 shot, 1 dead in DC on 4000 block of South Capitol Street. Sounds like a drive-by type shooting."

This is a developing story...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ah man what's this now?
Just great, I hope it's not a militia attack

I don't know man something is up with the news lately
It's like the pretense set for Iraq all over again but now it's domestic terroism.

I hope it's not an attack on right-wingers, hey might just be a disgruntled postal employee or a student.

But I hope it doesn't go too crazy

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ah man what's this now?
Just great, I hope it's not a militia attack

Obviously we don't know for sure but somehow I doubt it ...

That's a pretty hard core drug dealing area subject to a lot of gun violence.

Tragic to be sure but unfortunately not unusual.

And not for nothing, but pretty much the last place in DC any "constitutionalist" militia member is likely to go.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet this was gang retaliation or turf move because of the area, but I could be wrong.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.myfoxdc.com... t-chase-033010

I hope this link works- its some type of drive-by shooting.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
And not for nothing, but pretty much the last place in DC any "constitutionalist" militia member is likely to go.

Ya that's one of the reasons why I mentioned it
There's protests all the time in Washington and it be in that state just make things worse.

At this point it's all speculation sure... but I just hope it's not that.

Here Naomi Wolf say that Tea Parties help fight fascim

Justine Sharrock: First off, is your book still relevant under Obama?

Naomi Wolf: Unfortunately it is more relevant. Bush legalized torture, but Obama is legalizing impunity. He promised to roll stuff back, but he is institutionalizing these things forever. It is terrifying and the left doesn’t seem to recognize it.

JS: If they did invite you, would you speak at a Tea Party?

NW: I would go in a heartbeat. I’ll go anywhere to talk about the Constitution. I believe in trans-partisan organizing around these issues. When I went on Fox News people asked me why I was going on those shows. Are you kidding? You have to go, especially to people you don’t agree with. We need to get back into grappling with people we disagree with if we want to restore the Republic.

I was invited by the Ron Paul supporters to their rally in Washington last summer and I loved it. I met a lot of people I respected, a lot of “ordinary” people, as in not privileged. They were stepping up to the plate, when my own liberal privileged fellow demographic habituates were lying around whining. It was a wake-up call to the libertarians that there’s a progressive who cares so much about the same issues. Their views of liberals are just as distorted as ours are of conservatives.

www.alternet.org...

Very Good Article

I hope it's not an attack on any patriot group

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Interesting how this comes on the heels of the mass communication blackout in DC. Here's another link to the latest shooting: www.mahalo.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Tell them to hang on, the cop's will be there in about 2 hours, once they get the text message....

actually, God be with the victim's and their families, this is a sad situation, and my humour was directed at the ineptness of the communications program of the D.C. police, that was being discussed all night...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ok it does seem to be a drive-by shooting

The incident took place at the 4000 block of South Capitol Street.

Police chased a green sedan after an AK47-type weapon was thrown from it, NBC reported.

Police said one person died at the scene and eight people were taken to hospitals in the area

www.heraldsun.com.au...

.C. police responded to the shooting at about 7:30 p.m. An AK-47-type weapon reportedly was thrown from a green sedan that police chased through parts of D.C. and across the Prince George's County line.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Police chase a van and the idiot throws an automatic weapon out of the van?

Okay.... what???????????

What kind of idiot would do that?

So it seems to be a drive-by, alot of casualties for a drive-by though.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
guns are banned in D.C. .....so.....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
guns are banned in D.C. .....so.....

Actually, no they're not.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Police chased a green sedan after an AK47-type weapon was thrown from it, NBC reported.

Police said one person died at the scene and eight people were taken to hospitals in the area

www.heraldsun.com.au...

.C. police responded to the shooting at about 7:30 p.m. An AK-47-type weapon reportedly was thrown from a green sedan that police chased through parts of D.C. and across the Prince George's County line.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Okay.... what???????????

They threw out the AK-47 so that this could be blamed on a militia.

The AK-47 seems to be pretty common amongst the militia.

Another false flag to plunge America into civil war, so they can invoke martial law.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Another false flag to plunge America into civil war, so they can evoke martial law.

Check this out

CNN Attempt To Portray Patriots As Terrorists Backfires, Segment Fails To Air

EDIT: I am in no way or fashion a Alex Jones fan, the guy is a complete idiot and gives a bad name to consipracy theorists!
I hope he becomes a hermit and shuts up!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the *snip* that is our capital is being studied to closely right now. Violence is nothing new there but it wouldn't surprise me if they are reporting it to spar a militia movement followed by eventual martial law. :sigh:

please don't circumvent the censors

Thanks
gallopinghordes
forum mod

[edit on 30-3-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
False Flag!

Think about it for a second before you quickly dismiss this.

ALL communications for police, etc. were blacked out yesterday and half of the day before.

Why was that?

Some will argue and say people took advantage of the blackout, but that's simply not the case.

They are trying to promote an agenda which is ALL U.S. POPULATION ARE DOMESTIC TERRORISTS and need to be surveillanced everyday.

This is the agenda.

Now you can dismiss it if you want.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

www.heraldsun.com.au...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Okay.... what???????????

Another false flag to plunge America into civil war, so they can invoke martial law.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by 911stinks]

Don't think so somehow.
AR-15s are king on that one

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
AR-15 is harder to obtain without papers, more expensive. AK-47 is common, trustworthy, and inexpensive.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I want to say it's gang related and it may be, but something about this has me wondering it may be something else. It could easily be someone that is jealous about something and/or is doing the Lone Wolf thing of attacking just to attack people.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
UPDATE: DCMPD DENIES a fatality in DC shootings. Says 3 people arrested.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join