It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Reports On Alleged Threatening Comment Posted on "Radical" Infowars.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Fox News Reports On Alleged Threatening Comment Posted on "Radical" Infowars.com

www.infowars.com

Fox News is reporting this afternoon that the husband of a military servicewoman living on a Tennessee Naval base is under investigation for posting threatening comments on Infowars.com, described by Fox News as a “radical right-wing Web site.”

The Fox News story is posted in the “Terror” section of the website, an effort to link Alex Jones and Infowars.com to terrorists.

In response to the comment on Infowars.com, the military confiscated the man’s firearm. “Investigators with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service have seized the man’s shotgun and taken it to the armory
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is just the most recent example of media demonization of Alex Jones

Just recently CNN tried to set up Alex Jones, but could not get any good sound bits out of him

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The same thing happened with Richard Poplawski. Who killed 2 cops and the news claimed that he did it for Alex Jones even tho he was all over Alex's site talking crap hating him because he was not a white supremacist.

www.infowars.com...

This is ridiculous. If indeed these comments where made Alex had nothing to do with it.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Where's the link to the fox news page on it?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

This is the link to their website: www.foxnews.com...

From fox news's link

The man, writing under the name "ACA," posted a comment last week in response to a story on the expanding role of the IRS under the new health care law. The story was posted on infowars.com, which is operated by conservative talk-show host Alex Jones.

In response to comments made by a poster who questioned others' commitment to violence against government workers, "ACA" wrote:

"THEN I WILL ( I here by threatn you with violence) if you come to my door [address removed] see if im joking! and as for you BEN what dose it look like? you living in it right now! IVAN go buy a gun and get some practice in... ..."

What I find more troubling is (1) They're painting Alex Jones as a conservative, and, (2) They're really creating a situation out of nothing. This guy was just posting random stuff on the internet. Of course by responding to him would only give him the attention he wanted.

Why should people care about the rantings of a crazed madman on the internet? It's not news unless they do something.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm Canadian and I like Alex Jones. He's a little over the top at times but he's on the scent of corruption and I like his bark!!

I don't always agree with him but hey, even Don Cherry is wrong sometimes!! BTW great TV movie about "Grapes" the last 2 nights on CBC

Jason

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I saw this coming since i heard the militias being caught and alex doing the cnn segment...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wish I could stick this picture at Fox News website, since I cant I'll post my reply to Fox News here

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

They're really creating a situation out of nothing. This guy was just posting random stuff on the internet. Of course by responding to him would only give him the attention he wanted.

The reason they are creating a situation out of this is because he lives on a military base...that is the only reason. They kind of take threats serious...and if he is threatening violence on a military base, they have a right to investigate.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Phlynx
Why should people care about the rantings of a crazed madman on the internet? It's not news unless they do something.

I would say its just Fox News trying to further their agenda to get the republicans back in power by showing that people are angry, wherever they can find it. They sure could find a lot of it on ATS. Maybe we're next.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They are going to silence the people who have a large following like Alex Jones, David Icke, Ron Paul, etc. then they'll come for the little guy who knows what's going on, and then you'll have a world full of morons.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They have a right to investigate it. But I think it was an empty threat. And yeah, people shouldn't really saying those things on the internet, but when you think about it people say stuff like that all the time.

reply to post by MrAndy

And how would they be furthering their agenda by spreading this news story? You do realize what the media is doing? Fox news is just doing something that all the media seems to have been doing throughout the Obama administration. They're just all demonizing those that think with alternative points of view.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's amazing how they can blatantly ignore all the time that Alex Jones spends dismissing those who try to link him with any sort of violent groups or individuals. I just wonder how long it will be before he's found dead somewhere of an "accident" or better yet, a "suicide". That will be a sure sign that TSHTF is right around the corner.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

While I have no love for Alex Jones I do think it an absurd and strange stretch to lump him in with terrorists. He's no more dangerous than most of the pseudoscientists or new age gurus who go on tour, hold seminars, or appear on Coast to Coast.

I would think lumping him in with terrorists would actually make him and his site more popular, think about it, once something is taboo like that people will flock to it.

new topics

top topics

join