It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camden Cops Plead Guilty; 185 cases dropped, prisoners released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow, these crooked cops PLANT DRUGS on 185 INDIVIDUAL cases. Innocent until proven guilty?? More like innocent until police frame you. From the source "he and other officers planted drugs and threatened suspects with arrest with planted drugs if they didn't cooperate" I can only say, if this happened 185 individual times that this must be the tip of the iceberg. Once again, who is going to police the police?

CAMDEN — Drug charges have been dropped in 185 cases tainted by five Camden police officers who are suspected of planting drugs on suspects and making illegal arrests, the Camden County Prosecutor's Office said Friday. The announcement came hours after one of the officers pleaded guilty in federal court to depriving people of their rights. Former Patrolman Kevin Parry, 29, acknowledged under a plea agreement that he and other officers planted drugs and threatened suspects with arrest with planted drugs if they didn't cooperate, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

Source

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Blimey..is there a shorted of ordinary and decent people or something?

A 'plea arrangement'...go lightly on a grass, who was probably a ringleader.

Nice upstanding people apply to be coppers in Camden then eh.

Makes you wonder how many poor sods are wasting away behind bars or have had their lives wrecked because of these bastards doesn't it.

They should go back over each and every one of the people that have ever been arrested and sent down because of these criminals posing as police officers.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

i say all 185 poeple get together and have a little visit with the @#$%'s

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Since the police are praised for upholding peace and law when they break that law they should be held to a higher punishment. They have the power to imprison people falsely and by definition why arent police who arrest people under false pretenses charged with kid-napping? They get a slap on the wrist all too often.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Once again....there are bad people in lots of other professions.

But one bad cop is one too many. Their position in society means that they must be held to the highest standards.

We all know, most cops are decent people doing a difficult and potentially dangerous job

God Bless the good ones. God forgive tha bad ones...I know I have trouble doing so.

Jason

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oops , I forgot.

And bad Attorneys, both for the state and for the defense. Many a Crown or District Attorney after having one of their previous successes freed on DNA evidence, have refused to acknowledge that they have been wrong. Sometimes they've even been criminal.

Theirs is NOT a dangerous job.

THEY should go to jail!!

Jason

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
Since the police are praised for upholding peace and law when they break that law they should be held to a higher punishment. They have the power to imprison people falsely and by definition why arent police who arrest people under false pretenses charged with kid-napping? They get a slap on the wrist all too often.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by imeddieone4202003]

Exactly right, they should be held to a higher standard in being praised and for violating the law. Can you or me hold someone against their will, can you or me walk around with a gun on our hip and tell or not tell people to do anything, etc.. We can't but they can, and if they have super user authority (IT lingo but fits) over your rights, then they need to be held to a more severe punishment. Using their given rights and duties to perform illegalities have to be seen as a major breach in trust to the community. There was a movie back in the early 80's called Invasion USA with Chuck Norris. It dealt with a terrorists and his men invading the country and doing acts of terrorism for russia. In one scene at a block party in Miami police come to the scene and the get out, the people thought they may have been called because of the noise but what the fake police do is to shoot up the block party killing scores of people. When the real police come by, they are attacked by the survivors and are hated. This is actually a terrorists and insurgent technique of using your own machinations of govt. agains the people in order to sow strife and hatred to the system.

When police or judges or any govt. official or law officer do criminal acts, it poisons the well of judicial and govt. control and the FBI knows this. When the populace think that the cops are corrupt or the judicial system is corrupt, then they won't trust them and people will be afraid of them. It's a fast way for a country to come apart when the glue that helps to bind a civilization together (laws, justice, sense of fairness) comes apart, you have no country. These cops and other ones like them are thugs and killers with a badge. They know that they can do anything or say anything they want because they know that the public will defend them (you see they aren't kicking in the door wholesale of retirement villages and/or nice neighborhoods with professionals, because if they where and this was being done to their kids and love ones this wouldn't be happening) mostly people that think this happens to THOSE PEOPLE. Also girls who think that it's cool or safe to have a cop as a husband or boyfriend, you better think long and hard. My sister and one of my friends aunt was married to cops and it all came out bad, if you want to see how bad try to leave him and go out with some other guy. There's a reason why cops have a high divorce rate and abuse rate with their spouses.

Oh also, they are still investigating and building a case against the other cops who where involved. That one cop who came in got that deal because he rated out everone and everything he knew and I bet the FBI is following up on other stuff they didn't know about. They want to make sure that this corruption is cleaned out of this dept., if more people is involved (which I bet their is) then they will be found out. RICO act is a powerful tool used by the govt., and having one of them flip just makes it easier to flip others by saying (you willing to do 30 to 50 years for this guy).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
America is bankrupt, the states gotta make money somehow

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
America is bankrupt, the states gotta make money somehow

That alone is bad enough, but these cops think they are above the law and can do whatever they want, im glad these 185 cases are going to be overturned. This issue frustrates me so much.

join