It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA Man Jailed Charged W/ Felony For Barking At Police Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/28903/PA_Man_Jailed_Charged_W_Felony_For_Barking_At_Police_Dog.html

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

A man nicknamed "Big Dog" was sentenced to jail, but then immediately paroled, after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct for barking at a police dog.

Norris Daniels, 57, of Pricedale, entered the guilty plea Friday and was sentenced to two to 12 months in jail by a Westmoreland County judge. He's learned a lot of behaviors, and he's trained in different languages and things like that, and when you are barking at the dog, he's going to act out," Vitale said. "And if the door would have opened while he was barking at that dog, that dog would have attacked him."

Vitale said Daniels was warned several times to stop, because the dog was becoming agitated.

The original charge -- illegal taunting of a police animal -- is a third-degree felony. Daniels agreed to plead guilty to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct instead, but Vitale had not agreed to it as of Monday afternoon.

THIS IS STUPID. plain and simple. some cop with a monster ego wants to charge this guy with a felony, ruin his life because hes agitating his damn dog? when did common sense leave and when is it coming back? or is it....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The cop should have just opened the door and let the dog attack him. I'm saying this while fully aware of police brutality and the harsh and un-provoked violence that they often distribute. Let's look at this rationally before we have 10 more pages of anti-police rubbish on ATS.

If you piss off and/or tease a dog, it will WANT TO ATTACK YOU. If you think that a pane of glass or something is going to protect you, you'd also be wrong as they are often very clever. Now, if this dog got out for some reason and attacked the man, the cop would lose his badge and most likely would be involved in a lawsuit. Meanwhile, the dog would also most likely be put down.

I'm getting tired of these anti-cop threads.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't have any sympathy for idiots who bark at police dogs while police repeatedly tell them to stop.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
Now, if this dog got out for some reason and attacked the man, the cop would lose his badge and most likely would be involved in a lawsuit.

That is completely unlikely.

Police dogs get away with unfair bites ALL the time.

And the cops almost never get in trouble for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He shouldn't have barked at the dog, everybody knows meowing would have pissed the dog off more.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Hey, we all know to not talk back to police or they'll kick your butt. Metaphorically, and sometimes literally. Evidently this includes their mutts.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's only a felony if the judge decides to rule it that way. I really doubt that it will go that far, he'll probably get the lesser charge (misdemeanor?).

third degree felony for aggravating a police dog... now THAT is some, err, "brilliant" legislation right there. No matter how well-trained a dog is, his instincts will be more powerful. It's not difficult to aggravate an animal that is trained specifically to be aggressive. Pretty much every element of this story is stupid.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

Vitale said Daniels was warned several times to stop, because the dog was becoming agitated.

The original charge -- illegal taunting of a police animal -- is a third-degree felony. Daniels agreed to plead guilty to the lesser charge of disorderly conduct instead, but Vitale had not agreed to it as of Monday afternoon.

This says it all ... They warned him to stop and it is illegal

He should of taken the first hint and moved on.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
thats F'ed up;
I once told a cop that if his dog attacked me i will kill it;
he said that would be a felony on a police officer;
i said IF he attacks me

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
While the punishment certainly seems like overkill, I agree that the man did not heed the repeated warnings about taunting the dog.

Seriously though, someone needs to fix that law.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sounds like stupidity on his part. Being 57 though maybe he is just losing it. After being warned multiple times he is lucky that the officer didn't open the door up and let the dog tell that dude what he thought of that barking. Though I will say that a felony is a bit much.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Sorry, I would take it to trial.

I would say I was having a conversation with the dog, I was not agitating it.

If the prosecution said anything, I would say prove it. Put the dog on the stand and ask him yourself. The prosecution would say that is ridiculous dogs cannot speak human.

I would say, no problem, I will interpret.

The jury would laugh so hard, they would let me off, JUST LIKE THAT.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Surprisingly enough, I have to take the cops side on this one, The cop would have arrested him for being a Moron if such a law existed.

LOL, this is just a bad reflection on society, ... how many idiots had to taunt and bark at police dogs for this to actually become a law ?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A friend has a ultrasonic sound device that drives dogs nuts but people can not hear it.

He find it useful for getting rid of stray dogs, neighbors barking dogs. ECT ECT

But he has used to on security dogs.

And it would work on police dogs.

But the cops would be clueless as what was happening to there dogs.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
______beforeitsnews/story/28903/PA_Man_Jailed_Charged_W_Felony_For_Barking_At_Police_Dog.html

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

A man nicknamed "Big Dog" was sentenced to jail, but then immediately paroled, after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct for barking at a police dog.

Norris Daniels, 57, of Pricedale, entered the guilty plea Friday and was sentenced to two to 12 months in jail by a Westmoreland County judge. He's learned a lot of behaviors, and he's trained in different languages and things like that, and when you are barking at the dog, he's going to act out," Vitale said. "And if the door would have opened while he was barking at that dog, that dog would have attacked him."

THIS IS STUPID. plain and simple. some cop with a monster ego wants to charge this guy with a felony, ruin his life because hes agitating his damn dog? when did common sense leave and when is it coming back? or is it....

In a lot of places the dog is considered and officer.It even says the guy was warned several times to quit.So this guy is just really stupid by doing this and not complying with orders of the police.What a retard.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by indy0725]

new topics

top topics

join