It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain: National Guard Should Seal the Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Arizona Sen. John McCain sent a letter to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano yesterday calling on Napolitano to send National Guard troops to the "southern border region" between the U.S. and Mexico.

McCain points to "the continued and apparently growing violence" along the border in his letter, which you can see here. He notes the death of an Arizona rancher who was shot to death on his property and writes that the federal government should act to "curb this violence and protect its citizens from criminals coming across the border from Mexico."

hmmm there is so many things that this could be for other than border security... personally, im for it because illgeal immigration is helping to bankrupt america: ______beforeitsnews/story/28855/Dark_side_of_illegal_immigration:_bankrupting_America.html and the ever escalating violent cartel state south of the border... i think they should seal the southern border... of course theres always the conspiracist's theory that perhaps theyre sealing the border so that we cant flee their police state which of course theyre implementing now... whats your take on this idea by McCain? Im not a fan of the man but its one thing i can agree with him on, prolly the only thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This will never end until they legalize dugs, funny how the crime would disappear over night....legalize and tax it, problem solved.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I agree, seal it tight, then treat the illegals like anyone else caught in SA and see how long them raping our government would last. Put the National Gaurd on it, and let them gaurd our country. Of course between the hispanic Reps, the hispanic "rights" groups and the american communist lovers union, it'll never happen. Besides, didn't our treasonist president promise the hispanic reps amnesty for illegals in exchange for a yes vote on Obamacare? Never gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

this is what i figured but i keep seeing "propaganda" that says it would make the drug problem worse...

www.examiner.com...

Mexican officials, however, have a different opinion. Mexico is not only voicing irritation, but saying it will undercut the battle against Mexico's powerful drug cartels.

Mexico Secretary of the Interior Fernando Gomez Mont said last week the U.S. medical marijuana trend was "worrisome" and "complicates in a grave way" efforts to resolve Mexico's soaring drug-related violence.

hmm so maybe itd be worse in mexico? i dk...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

obamacare is almost an amnesty in itself for illegals, cause it gaurentees them health care as well... its insane... if your white and a native of this country, you RACIST if your against it

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
double post, sorry (a first for me)

[edit on 30-3-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
McCain really needs to retire. That joker has been so soft on illegal immigration until he realized that conservatives are on the move so of course NOW he is tough on illegals...what a joke!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There are already 12 million illegals in the country, the point is kind of mute now.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
There are already 12 million illegals in the country, the point is kind of moot now.

Fixed that for you, sorry, that one bugs me

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Senator McStain,

As a resident of Arizona my message is to remind you of how such a pathetic and worthless senator you have become. It is so transparent, you "now" wish to Seal the Border only because you are in a deadheat of losing your spot in Congress to be replaced by a real conservative JD Hayworth. You "sir" (and I use that term loosly) have had F-ing YEARS to seal that damn border on the Arizona side, but your ass never felt the heat until now when your pathetic carreer is near an end. You make me sick.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by solarstorm]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Anyone that knows what is being sold in the US as medical marijuana and the Mexican flake marijuana will know that few people using medical marijuana will buy low grade Mexican marijuana for medical use.

People that are buying medical marijuana here in Calif want good humboldt or one of the other high grade products.

Plus the facts that you never know what the Mexican growers are using on there crops like pesticides or other chemicals.

If you go to any medical marijuana clinics in Calif you will NEVER see Mexican flake being sold as medical marijuana as its low potency and the dangerous chemical used by the cartels growers scare away any one from buying it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Strange that it would finally occur to McCain to seal the border. No?
I often hear people saying how stupid the politicians are.
I think that we can be assured that politicians are not stupid at all, but in fact quite clever.

This is very interesting
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by illusions]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by illusions

Yes, but the $385 million dollar question is, are they going to use them for illegals or are they going to be using the mercs for this-

2010 Plan to Restore the Constitution April 19 2010

Provost Marshalls to Serve Notice To Governors of All 50 States? Restore America

Nevada: Capitol locked down in wake of threats

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Exactly. A very clever move for very clever politicians to make. Very clever. I think we can be assured our politicians are not stupid and know exactly what they are doing. Never underestimate...

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by illusions

Yes, but the $385 million dollar question is, are they going to use them for illegals or are they going to be using the mercs for this-

2010 Plan to Restore the Constitution April 19 2010

Provost Marshalls to Serve Notice To Governors of All 50 States? Restore America

Nevada: Capitol locked down in wake of threats

top topics

join