It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record And Watch Dreams On The iPhone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DreamCatcher App For The Iphone

The site claims the following -

The culmination of 30 years of research, you are able to record your brains electric pulses (dreams). The "movie" of your dream is saved on your iPhone for you to watch later...

The tech is not far fetched in the least...at least the possibility is indeed there.

Pictures you are observing can now be recreated with software that uses nothing but scans of your brain. It is the first "mind reading" technology to create such images from scratch, rather than picking them out from a pool of possible images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8b42c33d0e0.jpg[/atsimg]
www.newscientist.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Link

While I am not questioning the possibility, I am curious as to why this would be made available at this time as a consumer application. I as well wonder if it can actually be applied and function properly on the iPhone. I don't own an iPhone so I am unaware as to its' full capacity but this intrigues me greatly.

Does anyone here know how to go about verifying this site/app?

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by alexai

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
LOL it is an Iphone not a brain scanner......... Of course this app is crap, think about it man. The Iphone wa built as a media device and a phone. No where in it at all has the ability to scan the brain or to check for EMF fields, and all the other cool paranormal apps. How guilible are you to even think an Iphone could do this. It is like saying a Zune can detect whether you are mad or not. Or a nokia cell phone can tell you your age by voice analisis.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Did you even go through the link?

It was an earnest question...and unless you have actually looked into the tech writing it off as "gullibility" is kind of reactionary.

I'm not above to admitting being taken in but would rather some valid reasoning for such...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well your link doesn't work. And I do not discredit the technology to draw images from ones mind because I have read many things on it. However the Iphone app which is what your topic IS about is BS.... The Iphone does NOT have the technology to do such a thing. Just like it cannot detect electromagnetic fields or many of the other apps it has..............

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
LOL it is an Iphone not a brain scanner......... Of course this app is crap, think about it man. The Iphone wa built as a media device and a phone. No where in it at all has the ability to scan the brain or to check for EMF fields, and all the other cool paranormal apps. How guilible are you to even think an Iphone could do this. It is like saying a Zune can detect whether you are mad or not. Or a nokia cell phone can tell you your age by voice analisis.

I haven't read the posted link yet but I will say this. The iphone can detect EMF levels. It wouldn't be hard at all considering anything with an electrical charge gives off EMF. The sensors in the phone can pick them up. I have an iphone app w/EMF readings. Hold it close to the computer and the needle buries itself past 100 uT

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this is real, but I want one for my dog. I always wonder what he is dreaming about. Usually he is barking in his sleep, but sometimes he is wagging his tail. Is he battling skunks? Biting the neighbor? Chasing robbers?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Good find. I must admit I was ready to slam this, however:

It has not been released yet

Will come with Beta wave sensors you put on your head

So who knows!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well your link doesn't work. And I do not discredit the technology to draw images from ones mind because I have read many things on it. However the Iphone app which is what your topic IS about is BS.... The Iphone does NOT have the technology to do such a thing. Just like it cannot detect electromagnetic fields or many of the other apps it has..............

I just read the article. You must have overlooked something before posting and perhaps we expecting outlandish claims. I don't think you actually see a movie of your dreams per say, but rather patterns of your neural activity. Much like what a lie detector produces on paper.

Edit to mention the external sensors you must use with the iphone for this to work

[edit on 30-3-2010 by FlySolo]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
A friend and I own 2 devices which are actually designed to capture brain waves (Neurosky MindSet and Emotiv Epoch), and having used them I can tell you that this iphone app + interface most probably does work as advertised, with the exception of a bit of exaggeration of the feature to "view your dreams as movies", I'm pretty sure all it does is either playback the raw feed graphs, or applies some filter to them just like various filters for media player etc so that it makes pretty colors and patterns (I think their image that includes a silhouette is misleading).

Yes the IPhone is not a "brain scanner", but all that is required for a brain scanner is very sensitive electrodes interfaced with software that reads the small voltage levels, and graphs them. Since their software comes with an interface and electrodes, then I see no reason for this not to work just as well as my MindSet.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Ok I got the app and apparently I was wrong... MY Bad LOL

But an EMF meter reads AC signals and a Gauss meter reads DC signals. Since this app draws it's data from a magnetometer it's clearly a gauss meter which explains why it reads micro-tesla instead of milli-tesla like an EMF meter should. So it technically isn't a EMF detector

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The link works for me...

There would be a peripheral to attach to the iTouch/iPhone...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/024acb6b1c24.png[/atsimg]

The provided example regarding a dream image...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a7e683003e6.png[/atsimg]

Now I can't vouch for the image they provided as an example...which is why I am inquiring further. Googling this topic has yielded nothing for me which is why I have started this thread. If true, the consumer application is just astonishing to me...

Anyways...I am just looking for ATS'ers to do what they do and either debunk it or provide some insight of any kind...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
I don't know if this is real, but I want one for my dog. I always wonder what he is dreaming about. Usually he is barking in his sleep, but sometimes he is wagging his tail. Is he battling skunks? Biting the neighbor? Chasing robbers?

There is no device that can convert what someone is dreaming about or thinking about into a visual representation (that is anything close to the images they are seeing in their mind). You are just recording levels from various points of the brain. At most you get a graph of how relaxed or anxious you are, or if you are in deep relaxation or not (delta waves versus alpha, etc).

So if you want to see a "movie" of what you or your dog is dreaming about, it's not gonna happen. But if you want to see a squiggly line representing the electrical activity of a small portion of your brain, or apply a visualization filter to it to make pretty fractals and stuff like media player, then go for it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a7e683003e6.png[/atsimg]IMO this image is totally misleading. You are NOT going to see any legible images of you or your dog frolicking in the park or whatever you are dreaming of.

Again, I actually own and use devices more complex than this, so I know what they are capable of.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Blazer]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A brief glance at the "scientific papers" that are offered on the "about" tab look intentionally confusing so you can say "oh my this is way over my head" and just give up

Here some tidbits that raise my suspicion meter
- signal-to-noise ratio displayed in units of "celcius"
- Section 3 of the 3rd link: "Mucigen is composed of
a hand-optimized compiler, a homegrown
database, and a homegrown database"
- Acronyms are used without introduction
- Referred papers are dateless
- referred papers cannot be found in Google

Then there's the possibility that they are true and simply way over my head, but they've provided a poor presentation to offer scientific validation to any such technology.

Looks like some Savvy programmers trying to pull a fast one to try and increase the size of their wallets.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe

I noticed that the pdf's were From "superflyguy.co.uk"...that kind of has me thinking exageration as well...

C'est La Vie...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
blah

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is it the 1st of april somewhere in the world already?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
Is it the 1st of april somewhere in the world already?

GAH! stolen thunder.

Second this thought. These things will be popping up all over the place to see who is gullible. Like the moral compass that can be controlled by magnets. Come on.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

While I am not questioning the possibility, I am curious as to why this would be made available at this time as a consumer application. I as well wonder if it can actually be applied and function properly on the iPhone. I don't own an iPhone so I am unaware as to its' full capacity but this intrigues me greatly. Does anyone here know how to go about verifying this site/app?

Wow, the guys from Apple marketing dept. are getting more and more smart. They spread gossips like that and will increase the sells of iPhones like 200%.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

While I am not questioning the possibility, I am curious as to why this would be made available at this time as a consumer application. I as well wonder if it can actually be applied and function properly on the iPhone. I don't own an iPhone so I am unaware as to its' full capacity but this intrigues me greatly. Does anyone here know how to go about verifying this site/app?

Wow, the guys from Apple marketing dept. are getting more and more smart. They spread gossips like that and will increase the sells of iPhones like 200%.

Yes, they most certainly are a swift bunch over there. Providing availability for entrepreneur app developers to get their apps out all the while creating more of a demand for the user interface, namely the iphone. Brilliant!

Even though this particular add for this product is a tad misleading and doesn't provide a "movie" as to what most would expect, it is still a great product IMO. Rather, a great idea. I don't want to be presumptuous.

Having the ability to be mobile and stick sensors to your head for a real-time reading of your beta, theta, and delta dream states is remarkable. This bridges the gap between science, medicine and the average user bringing us closer to the doorstep of self-determination and self-diagnosis.

Provided of course big pharma doesn't kick the door in with c2 and put an end to it.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by FlySolo]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It's more than possible friend... this is exactly as we discovered it to be back years ago. The footage is easy to recognize as your own thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join