It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Iran Nuclear Scientist Defects to U.S. In CIA 'Intelligence Coup'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

This sounds awfully familiar...

Didn't Einstein work for the Germans during WWII and then assisted the U.S. in creating the first atomic bomb which we used against Japan?

The short answer to your question is.... no.

Einstien came to the US before the war broke out and about all he did toward the construction of the atomic bomb was to sign a letter to the President. It seems I remember reading where he was not verry confident about it really working.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Two words Project Paperclip

helix.gatech.edu...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ha... isn't this the same guy who defected from Iraq that helped pave the way for our being there now? Okay, well probably not - but like exact repeat of history?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Sometimes a cigar is a cigar. It's entirely possible that this Iranian Nuclear scientist really did defect. It's entirely possible that he has insider secrets that would internationally incriminate Iran. I don't see why so many people are so eager to defend the Iranian regime, when Iran would just as soon destroy the United States if it did in fact have the means to do so. Why defend an aggressive beast that would rather eat you than return the favor??

I'd like to know when WE as a people decided to wage
wars based upon what COULD happen rather than what HAS
happened???

As of right now we are poised to strike a country that has
NOT attacked us. Afgh did NOT attack us. Iraq did NOT attack
us. And we're occupying them now. American GOV is playing GOD
and judging people BEFORE they ever do anything. It is one
thing to say, I hate my neighbor cuz he plays his stereo too
loud and it's quite another to break into his house and shoot
him for it. And right now, American Gov is breaking into the
whole friggin block. This type crusade of tyranny has to end.
I don't like Iran but they haven't done anything to me.
Who cares if they have a nuclear bomb? We have 10,000.
That makes us the bully on the block and a hypocrite to
boot. Sometimes I am ashamed to be called an American,
not by my own actions but because of my tyrannical gov's
actions. This is one of the very reasons why we need a Revolution
in this country.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
happened???

Maybe for the same reason the FBI/DHS raided the Hutaree militia group. Preemptive Warfare. You know, that bastard child policy introduced by the Bush administration, and faithfully carried out by the Obama administration as well. Meaning, obviously, that Reps and Dems have all the differences in the world except when it comes to making money. They are one in the same, masquerading as two different arms of the same huge monster. It's the Vatican I tell ya. Research it. Want links? I got em. U2U me.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Nice pic of the German scientists "after WWII", but I did't see Einstien in it.

I thought you were speaking about the Albert Einstien as stated in his biography. Try to find by "googling" his name. In part it said...

"He became a German citizen in 1914 and remained in Berlin until 1933 when he renounced his citizenship for political reasons and emigrated to America to take the position of Professor of Theoretical Physics at Princeton*. He became a United States citizen in 1940 and retired from his post in 1945."

Is this the one you meant?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Sometimes a cigar is a cigar. It's entirely possible that this Iranian Nuclear scientist really did defect. It's entirely possible that he has insider secrets that would internationally incriminate Iran. I don't see why so many people are so eager to defend the Iranian regime, when Iran would just as soon destroy the United States if it did in fact have the means to do so. Why defend an aggressive beast that would rather eat you than return the favor??

happened???

As of right now we are poised to strike a country that has
NOT attacked us. Afgh did NOT attack us. Iraq did NOT attack
us.

I hear you

But allow me to play 'Devil's Advocate' for a moment.

We are living in a world where reaction is no longer a guarantee of winning the battle.

Pre-emption - an almost clichéd term - is the strategic necessity when dealing with a nuclear power, that is making a lot of philibuster about having the right to nuclear security of an offensive nature. It doesn't help, when the Iranian President Ahmadinejad, not only states, but reiterates, that the State of Israel needs to be wiped off the map.

I noticed a poster, said that the above statement was shown to be an outright fabrication, however, I can tell that member that I have seen Ahmadinejad reiterate that sentiment in a televised interview. So he did say it - and more than once it would seem.

Now, let me add, I think that the Iraq war was an abomination and will be a lasting blemish on the American Narrative. But don't get me started on that.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

One year missing is not at all out of the norm. If I were defecting from Iran I would sure as heck NOT want to be recognized once I was relocated. You know name change, career, etc... I think I would want to keep my head down for a long time.

Specially knowing how Iran deals with people who cross them, ie: Nuclear Scientists from the UN "accidentally" falling from their hotel roof in Switzerland.

Does this not make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So, again the US supplies itself with the excuse to attack another sovereign nation.

I'd also like you to provide proof for the "many times" iran has threatened to destroy Israel - I know of one which has been so thoroughly debunked it's a wonder people still keep harping on about it.

Could you provide REAL evidence of your claims that the U.S. provided nuclear weapon armaments to Iraq?....

As far as i remember the U.S. gave some lab vials with some samples back in the 70s if I remember correctly to a University in Iran, which yes it shouldn't have been done, but it is nothing in comparison to what the Germans, and other European countries sold to Iraq/Iran...

In fact I know that before the Russians became the number 1 customer of Iraq it was Germany in the 80s who sold Iraq wmd such as mustard gas, and other chemical weapons. The same ones that were used to kill the Kurds.

But even what Germany sold to Iraq was nothing in comparison to what France, the U.S.S.R., China, and others have sold as wmd armaments to Iraq....

There is another similar myth claimed by leftists that the U.S. gave Israel it's nuclear weapons program when it was FRANCE who did this.

Where Iraq Purchased Weapons 1973-2002

The purpose of this post is to address one of the many mythical claims about the United States popularized by some Leftists who would have us believe that the United States is the cause of most of what is wrong with the world. The myth under examination here is the claim that the United States played an important role in arming Saddam Hussein. The data comes from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute in the form of a table of the value of arms imported by Iraq from 1973 through 2002. (PDF format)

Imported weapons to Iraq (IRQ) in 1973-2002

Country $MM USD 1990 % Total
USSR 25145 57.26
France 5595 12.74
China 5192 11.82
Czechoslovakia 2880 6.56
Poland 1681 3.83
Brazil 724 1.65
Egypt 568 1.29
Romania 524 1.19
Denmark 226 0.51
Libya 200 0.46
USA 200 0.46
South Africa 192 0.44
Austria 190 0.43
Switzerland 151 0.34
Yugoslavia 107 0.24
Germany (FRG) 84 0.19
Italy 84 0.19
UK 79 0.18
Hungary 30 0.07
Spain 29 0.07
East Germany (GDR) 25 0.06
Canada 7 0.02
Jordan 2 0.005
Total 43915 100.0

www.parapundit.com...

Show evidence to your claim......

As for your claim of "debunking the threats of the Iranian regime", you have got to be kidding....

Just because you claim it is debunked doesn't make it so....

Let me post some of the facts you claim to have been debunked....

German NTV reports on the latest developments in the Iran-Israel tensions: “Destruction in 11 days”. According to NTV, “Iran has made its first ever announcement of a concrete objective of the destruction of Israel”.

The Israeli TV has aired an interview with the iranian leader Attalah Salihi. The leader announced the “destruction of Israel in 11 days”.

What appears to be unclear from the report is how or why such developments would occur in 11 days? Are we witnessing empty threats or revelations of strategic preparations of war? Or is it Israeli propaganda to justify a strike on Iran?

www.thetotalcollapse.com...

Many high ranking leaders of Iran have made similar, and worse threats against Israel, and Ahmadinejad himself has made similar threats.

BTW, the whole "wipe Israel off the map", even though the translation was not exactly that, the threat was to get rid of the Zionist regime, and I have posted in the past the fact that Ahmadijeah sees all Israelis as part of the zionist regime.

This man has had a discussion of "a world without the zionist regime", I wonder what that means....and he has even denied the holocaust.

But I guess the next thing you are going to claim is that this is not true either....

Iranian President Says Israel Will Disappear, Threatens Its Allies
Friday, October 20, 2006

TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday called Israel's leaders a "group of terrorists" and threatened any country that supports the Jewish state.

"You imposed a group of terrorists ... on the region," Ahmadinejad said, addressing the U.S. and its allies. "It is in your own interest to distance yourself from these criminals... This is an ultimatum. Don't complain tomorrow."

"Nations will take revenge," he told a crowd of thousands gathered at a pro-Palestinian rally in the capital Tehran.

Ahmadinejad said Israel no longer had any reason to exist and would soon disappear.

"This regime, thanks to God, has lost the reason for its existence," he said.

www.foxnews.com...

TEHRAN
Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:44am EDT

Iran's Ahmadinejad says Israel will "disappear"

(Reuters) - Iran's president said on Monday Israel would soon disappear off the map and that the "satanic power" of the United States faced destruction, in his latest verbal attack on the Islamic Republic's arch-foes.

World

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was speaking at a gathering of foreign guests marking this week's 19th anniversary of the death of Iran's late revolutionary leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, in 1989, the official IRNA news agency said.

"You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and will soon disappear off the geographical scene," he said.

Turning to the United States, he said the era of decline and destruction

www.reuters.com...

BTW, in many languages a word can mean many different things, but you have to understand the context in which that word is being used.

Last time there was another meeting of nations, several leaders walked out again when Ahmadinejad began with his BS speech once again against Israel.

It is a known fact that he, and many in his regime, are believers of the 12th Imam, and he has stated that the main goal of the Iranian regime is to pave the way for the 12th Imam.

"Our revolution's main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi"

Ahmadinejad gives a clear indication of the apocalyptic, mystical terms in which he views Iran's nuclear and political ambitions. No doubt the State Department will rush to discount such talk and formulate proposals for appeasing him and buying him off. "Iran president paves the way for arabs' imam return," from Reuters, with thanks to Rick:

His call for the destruction of Israel may have grabbed headlines abroad, but it is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's devotion to a mystical religious figure that is arousing greater interest inside Iran.

In a keynote speech on Wednesday to senior clerics, Ahmadinejad spoke of his strong belief in the second coming of Shi'ite Muslims' "hidden" 12th Imam.

According to Shi'ite Muslim teaching, Abul-Qassem Mohammad, the 12th leader whom Shi'ites consider descended from the Prophet Mohammed, disappeared in 941 but will return at the end of time to lead an era of Islamic justice.

"Our revolution's main mission is to pave the way for the reappearance of the 12th Imam, the Mahdi," Ahmadinejad said in the speech to Friday Prayers leaders from across the country.

"Therefore, Iran should become a powerful, developed and model Islamic society."

"Today, we should define our economic, cultural and political policies based on the policy of Imam Mahdi's return. We should avoid copying the West's policies and systems," he added, newspapers and local news agencies reported.

Ahmadinejad refers to the return of the 12th Imam, also known as the Mahdi, in almost all his major speeches since he took office in August.

A September address to the U.N. General Assembly contained long passages on the Mahdi which confused Western diplomats and irked those from Sunni Muslim countries who believe in a different line of succession from Mohammed.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

happened???

First of all, noone is saying anything about starting a war, but I really don't see how you can't understand that you can't "wait" for a regime such as the Iranian regime to use nuclear weapons and then do something about it....

I wonder if you would be so casual if it was your life, and that of your family and you would agree to "wait until they throw a nuclear weapon on us and then do something about it"....

If you get htreats from a person, and you see that person arming himself/herself you would wait until you are dead to do something about it?

Please, use some common sense.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wonder if they used tap water or bottled water for his water-boarding session?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
ok, does this mean they are going to play the Iraqi scene again. after all didnt we have a nuclear scientist defect from Iraq a few months before we bombed them back into the stone age...?
and remember the Kawaiti Ambassador's daughter telling of Iraqi soldiers mis deeds which appear to have been lies or exagerations...

what do you think, Wdc doing a replay to finish off America??
after all Iranians are persians and they dont forget and they dont give up. I see a shock and awe campaign so... lets gets some more bogus intel and kill more people... gosh, I wish we would mind our own business...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Kidnapped? Did it ever occur to anyone that he just might of had his fill of of economic sanctions, sky high food prices and unemployment, a government that is willing to shoot people in the street that disagreement with them or a mentally unbalanced leader?

Now I am not discounting the whole "OMG HE WAS KIDNAPPED!!!1!" theory, just saying he might have actually defected. Stranger things have happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I wonder if they used tap water or bottled water for his water-boarding session?

No need to torture someone who flees an oppressive regime. Do you realise just how many thousands of Iranian's who have defected this regime.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The guy is probably much happier.

You can be sure that he is placed among other intellectuals with whom he can share his favorite cocktail with while feeling relatively more secure.

He probably felt and knew that he was a dispensable pawn in the big game and came to safer waters.

Just my opinion. I have not read the thread it just the article.

Wanted to post my thoughts before I read the thread and was influenced via ATS. lol

Also this guys life would be a testament to others in his small circle of friends.

On the idea of coming from a life in which everything you say and do must be monitored by oneself.

Self censorship would be SOP in the circles this guy walked in. ugggh!

No freedom.

I would come to America as well even if America is in one hell of a mess.

lol

edit....not that this guy had any choice....cake or death!

I`ll take...cake please.

Cake it is!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Sure it makes sense from a speculative point of view.
So do a good deal other theories presented here.

I'm curious as to how many other "defections" may have taken such a long period of time though. I'm sure that once a decision to defect was made then it wasn't all willy nilly when he "disappeared'. "Oops" goes the missing scientist off the side of a building is easier to hide before a public defection in the space of a year.

Once a defection is made public then there would seem to be a sort of international protection from just the admission of the defection.

Mind control or just simple blunt coercion isn't just the stuff of scifi books so when is it applicable to real life? This would seem an opportune time.

I'm not saying this is what happened but it has a sort of merit just like the prosaic "he just simply defected" theory.

b

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What do you think the National Clandestine Service is supposed to do? Hand out gift cards and play nice? Intelligence isn't pretty and it isn't nice. I'm pretty confident I would rather be working for Langley then working for Iran.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by nastalgik]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
What do you think the National Clandestine Service is supposed to do? Hand out gift cards and play nice? Intelligence isn't pretty and it isn't nice. I'm pretty confident I would rather be working for Langley then working for Iran.

Hear hear nastalgik

Alas, many on this board don't really want to acknowledge that. They would rather vent their bitterness and hatred towards their desired foe, rather than the more deserved.

Langley and Co. are no angels, but there are a lot worse out there.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Exactly....truth is stranger then fiction.

Learn to take verbals jabs...imagine them as bad gas being passed.

lol

All joking aside the fact remains that even those who are in a position of knowledge as well as a position of power realize that their are simply too many wild-catters afloat to feel secure with the idea that a desired outcome will manifest.

I recall a www.philipkdick.com... scenario in which intent although somewhat altruistic continually resulted with unimagined consequences.

unknown unknowns lol

Ahh...the twixt of the future. yea twixt...

The paradox of life is reflected in the monks intent. The monks intent was simply to live a simple life working out his salvation with fear and trembling yet his actions always had unintended consequence of continual good being manifest in his life and he their by without a care for the world saved the world.

lol

Whatever...

I hope the Iranian scientist is able to save other members of his family as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As Anti-Evil pointed out this is a re-run of the precursor to the Iraq war.

The "intelligence" on Iraq WMD's came from a defector, handled by the alphabet agency.

Source of Iraq intelligence tells his story...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join