It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HAVE Health Insurance and I can't afford to go to the doctor!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My company just switched to Emblem Insurance. Two hotshot salesmen came in for a demonstration and managed to 'sell us', mostly due to the fact that we really didn't have a choice anyway.

This insurance is such crap. We were told there were no co-pays and every visit is payed for.. prescription drugs are free. You know, the kind of policy that costs a single 27 year old healthy male $1200 a month. This policy is only $300 a month however.

Obviously, nothing we were told was true. Every one of my co-workers keeps getting letters that our claims were rejected for a bunch of various reasons.

Enough about that insurance though. My friend works for Empire Blue Cross. You know, one of the best health insurance companies to have, well he works for them and HE WONT EVEN GO TO THE DOCTOR! He said his insurance sucks and he wouldnt go to the doctor unless he was dying. His coworker had a kidney stone and REFUSED an ambulance because she cant afford it..... SHE WORKS FOR EMPIRE!

My friend I am speaking of told me that these new insurance plans are designed to make you not go to the doctor. The insurance companies are banking on you being so frustrated having to pay out of pocket that you wont even think about visiting a doctor.

Anyone in the same boat as me?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

That sucks man, its horrible. I would have like to see all Americans being able to buy into the Federal Governments Health Insurance plans... OPM runs it, we get decent coverage...... That would be a good healt care plan.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat, i actually have to pay 100% out of pocket for my heart related condition.

its ridiculously expensive, i dropped my insurance because they wont cover anything, i cant see why i pay them 300+ dollars a month.

insurance is a joke now a days, and your absolutely right, the last thing they want is for you to see a doctor.

i dont have the money to pay for the outrageously expensive procedure i am about to go threw (April 15th) but luckily the hospital is gonna work with me and let me make payments which are ironically about the same as what i was paying for my insurance.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that..

We tried to have a big boy, grown up discussion about single payer in this country, but the republicans cried about it so hard that we decided it was better to leave insurance in the hands of sharks like the one you bought from.

Anyways, enjoy laying in the bed the Republicans have made for all of us.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Thanks for the replies, its funny because I am also contemplating pocketing the $320 a month.. getting a new car and throwing caution to the wind when it comes to my health... because, it seems like I am paying $320 a month, and STILL paying close to full price.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And you think you are in trouble now??? wait till this new health plan kicks in... HA!!
I laugh at all of you that voted for this fool! HA HA

[edit on 30-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Certainly something needs to be done to break up the big Blue Cross monopoly, so Insurance companies can compete across state lines. Anything less and you wind up like the OP, but Blue Cross has become much too voracious, and are apparently under the impression the M.D.'s they hire on staff to review cases know vastly more than private physicians.

By the way, I have a cousin who is a lobbyist for Blue Cross, and he is definitely living the good life. They pay him extremely well.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
And you think you are in trouble now??? wait till this new health plan kicks in... HA!!
I laugh at all of you that voted for this fool! HA HA

[edit on 30-3-2010 by joey_hv]

Based on what?

Do you know the bill requires insurers to spend a minimum level on providing actual care? There was no limit prior.

Anyway, the bill provides a framework for further progress in terms of rectifying the embarrassing system we have here. We will keep pushing, and year by year it will get better if we demand as much.

There is a reason the fight was so bitter, and believe me, it wasn't to preserve the 'right' to not afford healthcare.

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. I believe the next big tipping point will be when a state(s) decide to try single-payer. Based on all evidence, the system will be so cost-effective that other states will follow their lead, and the dominoes will fall. This is similar to how Canadians decided what was best for themselves, with one province taking the lead and showing what is most efficacious in the real world, not the distorted picture painted by lobbying dollars and multi-millionaire fat-mouthed propagandists.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Look at the bright side, you won't need health insurance when you're dead.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by warisover

i use to say something like that too when i was healthy, it looses a lot of its humor when dieing (and at an early age) becomes a reality.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I am very sorry to hear about your ordeal, but the truth is that this what is happening to many Massachusetts state citizens with their mandatory health care People are finding out that they have to buy into insurance but then they can not afford the out of pocket expenses.

This is the same crap that will happen when the national health care hit the nations struggling workers, the companies will switch to crappy insurances with the lowest coverage and higher deductibles to pass on to the employees making then unable to afford to use their mandatory health care.

Insurance companies get their cut and your get to be afraid of going to the doctor.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
Look at the bright side, you won't need health insurance when you're dead.

Yeah, that's the republican's healthcare plan that they want to replace with what they falsely claim they are going to repeal.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by hikix

I am very sorry to hear about your ordeal, but the truth is that this what is happening to many Massachusetts state citizens with their mandatory health care People are finding out that they have to buy into insurance but then they can not afford the out of pocket expenses.

This is the same crap that will happen when the national health care hit the nations struggling workers, the companies will switch to crappy insurances with the lowest coverage and higher deductibles to pass on to the employees making then unable to afford to use their mandatory health care.

Insurance companies get their cut and your get to be afraid of going to the doctor.

I guess you aren't a Romney fan. Too bad, he is the only legitimate challenge to Obama, as of now. Wait, what about Jindal?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow. I have to admit I feel really sorry for you guys.

I'm a single Canadian and for $57 a month (yes we still pay EVERY month), I get free doctors visits (prescriptions and doctor's notes extra but I get reimbursed 80% through my insurance provider), and free hospital visits (I've never been there) when I need it. I think I still need to pay for an ambulance but I can get that reimbursed too..

Just imagine how your country would be if EVERYONE paid their 60.00 a month (family's are more of course, here it's about 100). Then EVERYBODY could have access to some form of health care and the suffering could be controlled better. (it's not perfect of course).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Health insurance is just like anything else....you get what you pay for.

If they are claiming this is a $1,200 policy and they are giving it to you for $300...red flags should of been flying and alarms should of been sounding.

I have Blue Cross...I pay a decent amount for it every month...but my family has had 2 major medical events in the past 2 years...and I have had absolutely no problem with them paying the claims.

You have to do your homework and find the best fit your you or your family.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Actually I do like Romney as a individual and I voted for Obama, but after the blunder of what the Health care mandate is causing to the state of Massachusetts and the study done last year the problems in Massachusetts will become the example of what we are to expect with the national HCR.

Beside, Obama signed last Thursday and Amendment to the bill that will make Medicare the prominent insurance for the elderly, the very poor and probably the immigrants, while you and me will be paying for mandatory health insurance probably too expensive to use we still will be hit with the taxes to make Medicare free for everybody else.

Then Obama has been funneling money to Massachusetts to keep the health care afloat so he could sell the national health to the rest of America.

Romney sold his state citizens to private insurance and just like Obama did to the rest of America and for that I can not forgive either of them.

When it comes to business passing cost to their employees to save profit margins and death lines they will careless if you can use your mandatory health insurance or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
Wow. I have to admit I feel really sorry for you guys.

I'm a single Canadian and for $57 a month (yes we still pay EVERY month), I get free doctors visits (prescriptions and doctor's notes extra but I get reimbursed 80% through my insurance provider), and free hospital visits (I've never been there) when I need it. I think I still need to pay for an ambulance but I can get that reimbursed too..

Just imagine how your country would be if EVERYONE paid their 60.00 a month (family's are more of course, here it's about 100). Then EVERYBODY could have access to some form of health care and the suffering could be controlled better. (it's not perfect of course).

Listen bud, this is America! We put the rights of corporations to profit over a citizen's necessity to receive decent and fairly priced healthcare. It's in the constitution, or something

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. USA #1

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So as an Obama voter, what were you thinking he was going to do to reform healthcare? What were you reasonably expecting he would do that has so disappointed you now?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

When I voted for Obama I was like many other in the nation fed up with the Republicraps BS. I voted Republican since I started voting back in the seventies, but for the last two elections I got fed up.

I wanted control of the Insurance companies not them having control over me and my family, so When Obama campaigned for the Public Option I believe him, I had hopes and I believe in those hopes.

Now I despise the corrupted political system we have and will vote for anybody out there that is not affiliated with any of the crappy elite parties in charge right now.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You've been voting since the 70's? Wow, look at the mess you've gotten us in today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join