It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland, Nearly April - HEAVY SNOW...!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
WITH ALL THAT GOES ON IN THE WORLD TODAY.DISASTER TV WILL GIVE PEOPLE A GOOD LOOK AT WHATS GOING ON IN THE WORLD .AND WANT TO TRY CHANGING IT FOR THE BETTER BEFORE IT TO LATE..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hi!

Sorry but we had snow in Hertfordhsire aound 6 years ago at the end of April.

Maybe youve not been around long enough to understand that weather is pretty unpredictable?

Peace!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

No snow in the midlands now thank god.

just cold and rain

maybe i want the snow back lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

hey man tell me if things get worse in your area, i have friends up there who i would like to know are safe.

u2u if things get worse or have updates

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I know! I cant bear the rain and cold, makes me hibernate like a hedgehog, snow can be fun though.

Bring on the summer I say...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Cant beat summer at all

chilling on the street with summer tunes.

Everyone is sooo much happier in the sun.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Dont think a disaster is on the cards.

I am a football (soccer coach/manager) and I know weather, I know and expect weather.

As a football manager, this isnt normal.
The last 3 summers have been a washout with rain, now this.
I know teams that have played say, 3 or 4 games since October.

14 years I have been a football manager, and I am also a trained weather man. (Only due to being a football manager)

This isnt normal, and I have noticed over the last 3/4 seasons (years) things have been BAD. The weather is back to front and inside out.

No pending disaster, just a slow, gradual chance in Scotlands weather.

T'is all.

[edit on 30/3/2010 by shauny]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

who do you coach/ manage

looking for a left back ??

thanks anyway man tell me if things get worse. not take me long to go help them if need be.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by shauny

Actually, come to think of it, how will the snow plow driver get to work?

Yep.

I couldnt find it on youtube, was going to post it if I could.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
reply to post by shauny

who do you coach/ manage

looking for a left back ??

thanks anyway man tell me if things get worse. not take me long to go help them if need be.

Senior side in Edinburgh.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

i HAD to............

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

i am feeling old if that counts

peace out scotland

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Iceland has had some recent volcanic activity. Ever heard about the year without a Summer? Severe weather gripped the the Northern hemisphere. Crops in America and most of Europe did not grow because Mt Tambora, half way around the globe erupted affecting the climate.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by kenny71]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Obviously you have not had many years them because this used to be the norm.

Snow from December to March and even into April and occasionally in June or July.

By the way just in case you are wondering I was born before the second half of the last century, so I have seen a bit of weather in my years living in England, Scotland and Ireland.

reply to post by kenny71

What are you saying. It has not been long enough to have an effect and anyway that little burp will have had no effect at all.

PS. It just started snowing here on the Wesht Coasht of Oireland

[edit on 31/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Oireland

hahaha

I said it like it sounds.

OOOireland.

Got a few Oirish mates.

Likey

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Ah yours is definitely Dublin OOOireland as opposed to Oireland in the wesht

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, any weather update from the far side of Earth? Or anywhere else the weather is totally out of whack?

Here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota, it's another beautiful summer day in March. It's 74° F, sun is shinning but overcast is off to the northwest, and it's over 80° F inside here with all the windows open. I feel like turning on the air conditioner and that's just damn weird for Minnesota in March. If these higher temps are any reflection of the summer ahead of us, we should be seeing some 140° F temps this summer in the north. I'd hate to imagine what it will feel like this coming summer further south.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Yeah, had a few speck's falling here in South Wales too... Which later turned to hail.
None of it stuck though. Just melted straight away.
I hope we actually have a Proper summer this year.. I need to get some sun!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Its definately not unusual to have snow at this time of year in Scotland.

The recent harsh winter was more unusual, cool summers and mild winters are the norm in central Scotland in my experience but a spring snowfall isn't really out of the ordinary.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think the weather pattern changes in Scotland go much deeper than this spring cold snap.

The winter was a bad one, yes, and records were matched or broken but my point is, the weather over the year is changing. I live in Ayrshire, West coast of Scotland and weather wise its been a good place to live. No extremes of cold or heat with the spring being fresh, the summer being overcast and snow in winter a rarety this near to the coast.

Since Autumn 2007 things have changed. Autumn that year was overcast and slightly muggy. Winter, the same, as a matter of fact the diffirence between seasons up till summer last year was minimal with the only diffirence being whether it was raining or not.

May 4th - May 17th last year it suddenly, without weather forcast warning bacame tropical, Ive never known it to be too warm to sleep where I live, but it was. Unfortunatly the rest of the year was a washout untill the winter bit with a vengence.

No matter what anyione else says. the weather is changing. The wildlife is feeling it bad with birds already having built nests losing chicks due to the cold or lack of food.

Respects

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join