It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intel drops a million lobbying politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Intel drops a million lobbying politicians

www.fudzilla.com

Chipmaker Intel spent a bomb on trying to get US politicians to think its way. According to a disclosure given to the US House clerk's office the company has spent more than a million dollars in the last three months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Intel also lobbied Congress on immigration reform because it wants to make it easier to hire talented foreign workers in the US. Of course, such amounts make one wonder, but a million in three months is nothing to an outfit which earned $2.3 billion.

Well, so much for supporting the workers here at home. Gotta love the bills passed in congress that removed the limitations on corporate donations

www.fudzilla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
sounds like they're going to push for expanded H1-B's again much like tech did in the 90s. They use the excuse of "lack of skilled workers in the US" to bring in cheap imports from India and China.

There was no lack of workers back then - only lack of Cheap workers.

I remember explaining to a MCSE-certified MSSQL DBA (fresh from India) what "normalization" was. The first time he'd heard the term he started paging through is course-book.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Company such as Intel should have no problems bringing talented workers, I think they're after something else. If it's McDonalds I'd understand this move, but not these guys, they're not making freaking burgers....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

There's a lot of unqualified outsourced work force, but believe me US/EU have no shortage of those either. If worker is "imported" he'd get same salary as everyone else of his rank in developed companies like Intel. That is why I don't believe they're really after foreign workers.
It is very much in interest of US companies that foreign workers stay away from US since they'd instantly get benefits of being a US citizen including things such as 5-10 times bigger salary. Only the most talented experts are invited, the untalented ones are plenty to go around. Of course though in some really large corporations you can make yourself look like an expert even though you're [bellow] average.

[edit on 30/3/2010 by SassyCat]

top topics

join