It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a video of people protesting a soldiers funeral

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ultimately these morons have the right to protest whatever they want and however they want. They can insult the troops, they can praise the death of good men and women, etc.

They have that right.

They also must understand that words turn into action, and no doubt, one day a grief stricken parent, brother, or just friend will end up taking down a number of these people.

I imagine it is only a matter of time. Eventually they are going to yell at the wrong person.

And...

If and when that event happens...it is the right of possibly hundreds of people to protest the dead family members with horrible signs that will offend the survivors..veiled threats and all.

People have the right to say what they want...but just because you can do a thing, doesn't mean you should do a thing...sometimes common sense should kick in.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would personally pull the trigger on these scum. And be happy to do it, too.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you think it's o.k. for the aclu not to step in and help the father of the Marine? The same argument could be made for you, the constitution works only when you want it to. The aclu are mostly scum sucking lawyers interested in making a name for themselves.
Sorry, we're never gonna see eye to eye on them, nor how they manipulate the system.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Sorry, I usually agee with what you post but thinking that the aclu should help this man is not un american They are only in it when they stand to make 2 things, money, and a name for the individual laywers trying the caase. I know people say they only do it for their legal fee, ever checked into how much those fees are? Secondly, the more outrageous the case the more the individual lawyers name is in the media. Phelps is disgusting, does he have first amendment rights? I don't know, seems if I wanted to go around as an individual and say the things he says and disrupt services in the manner he does, I could be charged with a hate crime, why does the judiciary see fit not to follow the same line with him? If you had people protesting and disrupting the services of a homosexua,l the aclu would be all over it, where are they now....nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.? Only when someone "normal" had these issues do they turn a blind eye.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

this is just awful if nobody stops fred phelps, whats next? neo Nazis making lawsuits against jews?
or people sueing each other for being ugly?

i mean this fred phelps business is another string in an already #ed up court system ive heard that a burgalr or however you spell it sued a guy for shooting him during a robbery!!

how can things like this go on??

there needs to be a group out there who fight against people like fred phelps

and if there is they are not doing a very good job

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Sorry, I usually agee with what you post but thinking that the aclu should help this man is not un american They are only in it when they stand to make 2 things, money, and a name for the individual laywers trying the caase. I know people say they only do it for their legal fee, ever checked into how much those fees are? Secondly, the more outrageous the case the more the individual lawyers name is in the media. Phelps is disgusting, does he have first amendment rights? I don't know, seems if I wanted to go around as an individual and say the things he says and disrupt services in the manner he does, I could be charged with a hate crime, why does the judiciary see fit not to follow the same line with him? If you had people protesting and disrupting the services of a homosexua,l the aclu would be all over it, where are they now....nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.? Only when someone "normal" had these issues do they turn a blind eye.

Few things

1) Agreeing with me all the time is not a good idea..hell, I tend to disagree with myself 25% of the time

2) Speech is not a hate crime...even when it is. If that was the case, then the KKK would have been locked up long ago...and any other day to day unpopular speech...sounds good, until its your fringe group that is shouting what is percieved as obscene and hateful stuff...Keep in mind, the ACLU was actively protecting peoples right to speech during the bush administration when they were barking at the administration and calling them war criminals, etc...the ACLU gives voice and defends the rights of the unpopular cases that have rights also. That doesn't mean the ACLU loves these people in the same way a lawyer defending a serial rapist doesnt have to like that person...but its both their job and the concept of the american legal system...justice for all kinda stuff.

3) It doesn't really matter what WBC is motivated by...(hint...they are motivated by infamy...they dont send quiet letters of protest...they are movie stars that seek out cameras and internet chatter)...the rule of law must be upheld, even for scum sucking genetic throwbacks like the phelps...once you start excusing people, groups, or mindsets from protection of the legal system, then you no longer have the rights this country was founded on. Would people cheer if the US singled this one group out and withdrew their rights as humans and let the public take care of things? sure...initially.

My solution to this is simple

either we completely ignore them...write the news media stations and every other place to threaten boycott if they cover or give one single second of airtime to this group..and let them wither away and die due to being ignored by society

or

fight fire with fire. Find out every legally safe annoying horrible thing you can do to them and unite in a growing movement to give these people unholy hell...imagine 100 million people whom has a hobby of screwing with these people...show up to their church, send them mails, picket the pickets...surround them in the most legally passable vulgar displays...have a homosexual kiss fest wherever they show up...etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Try this for more info!

More on Phelps and his Clan!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Ah, but speech can be a hate crime, I reference the 16yo who was arrested for his practical joke in Wal Mart. It's selective when it's enforced, otherwise Phelps could be charged with hate speech as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is one veteran group that does give these wacko's problems.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.patriotguard.org...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Then you get friends of the fallen soldiers.
www.youtube.com...

or even the Anonymous
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, supposedly Bill O'Rielly said tonight he would cover the money. Shamefull that it even had to happen, but in todays world it really isn't surprising. I hope Fred gets what he deserves in the end..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

what news station is that?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ignorance for sure, but on who's part?

The bible does clearly state that homosexuality is a abomination. They dont mince words, etc.

Perhaps these people are the true reflection of what structured biblical religion is meant to be.

The modern view of religion is a tolerant loving God..there is no such animal in the actual bible...we interpret things differently now, but does that mean we can turn Jesus into a gay chinese woman if suddenly that becomes the more politically correct view?

Sorry, but the core of biblical religion is wacky...these people are just expressing the core religion fairly accurately. They do great work in my opinion, they have turned many people into agnostics.

The Bible also states "judge not lest ye be judged yourself". I agree with you that they are simply wacky and interpreting the passages as they see fit. I really don't see God having a problem with homosexuals or soldiers as there wouldn't be enough room in Hell for all these people. That is if I read your post right, if I didn't then I apologize. That bit about agnostics was classic though.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
so how does the constitution support saying idiotic things and suing people when they point it out?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's idiot protesters like these that make true Christians look bad. This man and family were burying and saying goodbye for now to a brave man that died way too young. I'd like to formally apologize to the family if I could and say that by no means are we all like this. These protesters should never be allowed to go and do that at someone's funeral.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join