It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a video of people protesting a soldiers funeral

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hey i saw this video on youtube a while back and decided to post it here.
why are people so damn stupid???

i dont agree with the war but soldiers are not evil. they are just like you or me

it wouldnt let me imbed the code so heres a link

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i just dont understand
how is fred phelps getting followers??? i had another thread on fred phelps but its pretty much dead

does anyone have an explanation for this ignorance on a massive scale?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ignorance for sure, but on who's part?

The bible does clearly state that homosexuality is a abomination. They dont mince words, etc.

Perhaps these people are the true reflection of what structured biblical religion is meant to be.

The modern view of religion is a tolerant loving God..there is no such animal in the actual bible...we interpret things differently now, but does that mean we can turn Jesus into a gay chinese woman if suddenly that becomes the more politically correct view?

Sorry, but the core of biblical religion is wacky...these people are just expressing the core religion fairly accurately. They do great work in my opinion, they have turned many people into agnostics.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Sorry, but the core of biblical religion is wacky...these people are just expressing the core religion fairly accurately. They do great work in my opinion, they have turned many people into agnostics.

haha
so true

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Phelps and his family are a bunch of professional extortionists, his "church" is mostly made up of family members, many who are lawyers. The only reason this asshat does these things is to sue......he just hopes someone "violates" his rights......bam more money in the bank. Can't really get a "church" with a web address such as his.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

i understand he uses religion to make money but how does he get people to believe the things he says?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are plenty of places to protest. But at someones funeral is just wrong. No matter what the religion.

Not to mention the bad Karma you get ....yikes.

ps. This was my 1,000 post ...YEAH

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
did anyone else notice her eyes seemed kind of glazed over like she was brainwashed?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

My understanding is that they are mostly family and extended family members. Seems to make sense to me, the "Family" uses one another to profit from others through nefarious means....it's a shame these disgusting pigs can't be charged under the RICO act.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm always amazed that people like this want to tell everybody what is on God's mind, but somehow seem to think He needs their help judging people. If you believe what it says in the Bible regarding homosexuality, then God is going to judge that man. He doesn't need any help from mortals.

Protesting ANYTHING at someone's funeral is plain wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
why arent the ACLU riding these peoples asses?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Is that a serious question? The aclu only helps those that are screwed up.....so if anything Phelps would be getting a hand from them.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

wat chu talkin bout'?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

In my opinion, the aclu doesn't really help normal folks like the Marines father anymore, they are all about standing up for pedophiles and convicted murderers civil rights. They used to have a place, now they are just out to villify the norm and ensure the further downfall of our judicial system. And frankly Phelps does just fine in court...since the aclu recoups it's legal fees, and large ones at that, why would Phelps want to give up that money either?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

so who is going to help the marines father????
we cant just leave him in court with that animal!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Absolutely no one is.....unless the Marine Corp, or a Veterans group does. It's part of our fair and balanced system. The judge is in effect bending this father over for Phelps.....kind of ironic.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Absolutely no one is.....

Google Anti-Phelps.

Here we are again. The Constitution doesn't apply to those with whom you disagree. :shk:

Hey, I hate Phelps as much as the next guy, but I recognize his constitutional rights. I don't like it, but that's the way it works.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The father of the dead marine was ordered to pay Fred Phelps $16,510 in legal fees. Kinda funny isn't it. Talk about ironic.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

In my opinion, the aclu doesn't really help normal folks like the Marines father anymore,

The ACLU doesn't need to speak up for the popular side of an argument...they got hundreds of groups for that...the ACLU sticks up for the unpopular side of an argument that has civil and constitutional rights to do whatever nightmare they are trying to do.

If the ACLU decided to only defend the popular side, it would be a wonderful and fully redundant group. You may not like what they stand up for, but thats sort of the point actually...they defend those whom are shunned in society...so label it how you want...defending those damned women, blacks, former criminals, religious fanatics, etc (whatever is the unpopular group of the day)...but know that when you do complain about such unpopular groups having rights being defended, you are being about as definition anti-american as you could possibly be in doing so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join