It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, be prepared for 2012!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Because over half of the threads will be about 2012.

ATS will be flooded with very paranoid people who will immediately get on ATS and post, "Did you guys hear that? There's a thunderstorm, is this the beginning of the end?"

But in all seriousness this is exactly what we will be seeing come 2012, mark my words. Sure I believe in some of the theories and I believe 2012 has some signifigants but I am 99.99999999999999% sure there will be no end of the world, mass destruction or mass death. And on January 1, 2013 we can delete this '2012 group' and finally be done with the whole mess.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
And on January 1, 2013 we can delete this '2012 group' and finally be done with the whole mess.

Nah, there even if 2012 phenomenon passes there will always be "another" apocalypse.

There will be paranoia again for 2023, and so on and so forth. When the apocalypse comes they´ll say "i told you" in the most annoying way possible.

For even in the most peaceful time, we will always count on a paranoid conspiracy nutjob still living with his mother, who will post that the end of time is near.

[edit on 30/3/10 by Bildeberg]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And on January 1, 2013 we can delete this '2012 group'

But...But then we won't get to see the...”This is why it never happened threads” that will inevitably pop up !!...Assuming we don't all die that is.

But yes I’m pretty sure ATS would be prepared for this already as it has become such a huge event ...Not just on ATS and where posting will no doubt be huge.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The world is a state of ending and beginning.

Just my 1 cent.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
The world is a state of ending and beginning.

Just my 1 cent.

I would have to disagree and go with the Buddhist approach. The world is like a river, it has no beginning and no end.

Peace. \/
...........|

[edit on 3/30/10 by Misoir]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

As soon as midnight arrives on the eve of January 1, 2012, the 20 post requirement should be doubled...this would help weed out those with an agenda - or those looking for one.

If you can set it up so access to the 2012 forum requires 40 posts, that would be grand...if not, yes, we are in for a whole bunch of sh!t 2012 threads.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First..

Second..

Now.. I've been thinking about this for a while. ATS is already flooded with 2012 threads, and I'm sure they will only grow in number right up until the day we all burst into flames.

Seriously, I'm with you OP.. I think we will make it through 2012, no problem. I think that some of the prophesies could have some truth to them, but I feel like for the most part.. there is a lot of stretching and manipulation done to reach the 'oh no' hysteria.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

I just sent a message to one of the mods using your recommendation. I hope they agree and will make it mandatory to post 50 times before you can create a thread in the 2012 forum come January 1, 2012.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Silly rabbit, it's not Jan 1, 2012.
It's December 21, 2012 11:11AM and if you are not part of it, you'll never know it happened.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

That's actually a great idea IMO (not that i'm surprised or anything
)

It would certainly help things out here as well as leading up to 2012 I think I’m save in saying that the threads will increase hugely as more new members flood in after searching for 2012 as it's attracted a huge following now because of the film.

reply to post by damwel

Silly rabbit, it's not Jan 1, 2012. It's December 21, 2012 11:11AM and if you are not part of it, you'll never know it happened.

Ok this is nothing more than a guess here but I think he is saying implement this rule change at the beginning of 2012 as the threads will no doubt increase leading up to December 21st.

No point doing it when it's too late.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the Mayan prophecy of change is already starting. Just look around you. Haiti, Chile, Iceland, and now off the coast of Italy, and these are just recent EQ's and Volcanoes. I won't even try to post all the other world events, there's too many.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ok, everyone please take a moment to freak out.

Our present great cycle (3113 B.C. - 2012 A.D.) is called the Age of the Fifth Sun. This time period is ruled by 4 Earth. This fifth age is the synthesis of the previous four. 4 Earth (called Caban in the Maya language and Ollin in Aztec) has several meanings, including: movement, shift, evolution, earthquake, navigation, synchronicity, clue tracking, turtle. In the Maya language, the word "ol" of ollin means consciousness.

In Mayan calendrics, the initial date that Earth entered the Fifth World was August 13, 3113 BC, written in Mayan long count notation as 13.0.0.0.0. Every day from that point was reckoned by the number of days passed since the event of this cosmic beginning point.

As Dr. Jose Arguelles writes in "Time and The Technosphere" -
"August 13, 3113 BC is as precise and accurate as one can get for a beginning of history: the first Egyptian dynasty is dated to ca 3100 BC; the first 'city,' Uruk, in Mesopotamia, also ca 3100 BC; the Hindu Kali Yuga, 3102 BC; and most interestingly, the division of time into 24 hours of 60 minutes each and each minute into 60 seconds [and the division of the circle into 360 degrees], also around 3100 BC, in Sumeria. If the beginning of history was so accurately placed, then must not the end of history, December 21, 2012 also be as accurate?"

ok, thats enough...now get back to work!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A very good informative book on the subject is Earth under Fire, by Dr. Paul LaViolette. In it he talks about the regular intevals in which the galaxies core explodes with gamma ray bursts every 26,000 years or so. When the explosions happen they push lots of cosmic dust into the entire solar system, increasing solar flare activity and blanketing all the planets. Also how ancient peoples passed this knowledge down through a zodiacal cipher as well as many oral accounts being passed down through the generations. I believe something like the galaxy center exploding would be what the mayans were getting at when they made their calendar. These were very sophisticated people with a knowledge of astronomy that is astounding. When they tell of something happening, I think it prudent to listen.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We are entitled our opinions of "I'm sure nothing will happen", "It might be of significance" or "the end of the world is for sure".

That being said, regardless of our opinions, we ultimately cannot in any way factually prove that the world as we know it will or won't end.

I "personally" consider this planet and time as we know it to be cyclic in many ways as do the Mayans with their eerily accurate information. Like the seasons come and go and like the sun rises and sets continuously, such might exist a much larger cycle not completely recognized or understood as it pertains to apocalyptic scenarios and doom day events like pole shifts.

Perhaps the orbit and cycle of our existence is misunderstood if such a cycle exists or perhaps it is a much longer cycle with a previously undocumented or poorly recorded history which would explain a lot for me.

Either way, we shall see and time will tell.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Silly rabbit, it's not Jan 1, 2012.
It's December 21, 2012 11:11AM and if you are not part of it, you'll never know it happened.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da168efacb88.jpg[/atsimg]

RA already explained it, but to reiterate for those also lacking any common sense, the date I gave was to allow the staff to ramp-up for the incoming simpletons...but you seem to have already breached that gate.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I just sent a message to one of the mods using your recommendation. I hope they agree and will make it mandatory to post 50 times before you can create a thread in the 2012 forum come January 1, 2012.

Hopefully the Mods. will also set the forum (similar to the swine flu threads) such that it can be hidden, for those of us who choose to do that...

Please. Pretty Please.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The 2012 forum won't go anywhere, it will simply be renamed "2029"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

RA already explained it, but to reiterate for those also lacking any common sense, the date I gave was to allow the staff to ramp-up for the incoming simpletons...but you seem to have already breached that gate.

Ah so i was right for once then.

Anyway it is a good idea and hopefully something that the staff consider.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm also certain nothing will happen in 2012.

If something was gonna happen, we'd see an increase in earthquakes, governments would be building underground bases and burrowing into mountains to protect seed banks and NASA would be constructing massive telescopes at the South Pole and sending up infrared satellites to track brown dwarfs.

Damn Mayans, just a bunch of sensationalists.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The real question is not
will something happen in 2012, but
Why do so many _want_ the world to end.

David Grouchy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join