It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs health care 'fixes' bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Obama signs health care 'fixes' bill

edition.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama sealed a final victory on his signature domestic priority Tuesday, signing a sweeping package of changes to the newly enacted health care reform law.

The so-called "fixes" bill -- approved over unanimous Republican opposition in both chambers of Congress -- significantly expands health insurance subsidies for lower- and middle-income families while watering down a tax on expensive health policies.

The measure also overhauls the national college student loan system by shifting government funding for loans away from commercial banks to new education in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Senate will have to return health bill to House
Why is Obama signing HCR today?
It's official: Health Care Bill Passes

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's official ladies and gentlemen. Obama has made his bla bla. come true.
Although I'm against the bill as it is presented, I believe a lot of you Americans are better of with it.

Well... Just until all major conspiracies come true and the US government is going to start abort every child from non married mothers and the day you will get to enjoy your pension savings. you will get euthanised..

But lets be honest. I'm from Europe and privatising our health care did not make health care better but worse. At least we always will be taken care of. Now you all will to.
Aint that a good thing ?

edition.cnn.com

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

It's official ladies and gentlemen. Obama has made his bla bla. come true.
Although I'm against the bill as it is presented, I believe a lot of you Americans are better of with it.

Well... Just until all major conspiracies come true and the US government is going to start abort every child from non married mothers and the day you will get to enjoy your pension savings. you will get euthanised..

But lets be honest. I'm from Europe and privatising our health care did not make health care better but worse. At least we always will be taken care of. Now you all will to.
Aint that a good thing ?

edition.cnn.com

We are not Europe. You guys and gals are much more progressive and wanted this much more then we did. And I doubt Europe will ever wake up to the fact that the progressive agenda is not about helping us but is about controlling us. Just like Hitler was praised in many countries in Europe as a hero the truth will escape you--- not all but most. Hopefully our morals are not so degraded that we fall down the same rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Our non-progressive ideas have already lead us down such a great path... We start wars that don't need to be started; which really are the reason we are in the economic mess we are in now. How can any conservative complain about taxes, when most of the tax money goes towards war spending?

We can't afford to make the lives of the people around us better; however, we can afford to go overseas and make the lives of others worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Degraded moral ?
I can't speak for any other European but I didn't fall in any rabbit hole.
I got sucked in with the tides.

And control is not a new development. Western civilisation is controlled since at least the Roman empire in the same way.Some times a little more then other. But hé . Who cares ? Obvious not us because we let it happen.

But seriously do you think health care is a bad thing ?
The reason that I think it has gotten worse here is because of health ( yours, mine, everybody. ) Should not be a profitable business. We all have the right for the best personal care available and out here, we don't get the best. We get the cheapest.

Edit.
I think US moral the lowest most horrific moral of the west. ( I'm talking government not US citizens. )

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It's bad enough that I don't have health insurance.

Now I have to pay a fine to not have it.

So, I don't have health insurance, and I'm paying not to have it.

# OBAMA

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Our non-progressive ideas have already lead us down such a great path... We start wars that don't need to be started; which really are the reason we are in the economic mess we are in now. How can any conservative complain about taxes, when most of the tax money goes towards war spending?

We can't afford to make the lives of the people around us better; however, we can afford to go overseas and make the lives of others worse.

If you truly believe this about the wars. Why are you not talking out about the people that currently wage them. Or is this about sides and not the truth. Yes they were wrong and should stand trail but what about now? Are we going to live in the past forever?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ARE OVERHAULING THE STUDENT LOAN SYSTEM

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DECIDES NOT TO GIVE ME MONEY FOR ONE GARBAGE REASON OR ANOTHER

I swear... the horrible, garbage health reform plan I can deal with, but if they try to stop me from finishing school....

[edit on 30-3-2010 by SirPsychoSexy]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

We needed change but something that was good for the people not for the people that control the people.

I look at this way they should have lowered the regulations on buying insurance and maybe fixed a few other problems like the drug companies that would rather treat than cure.

And this bill does none of that and will fix nothing it will only make it worse. They think that they have won but it is a lie.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

At least we always will be taken care of. Now you all will to. Aint that a good thing ?

How is this taking care of everyone?

I believe a lot of you Americans are better of with it.

How so, in your own words.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

These wars are not the past. Good friends of mine post pictures of them everyday on social networking sites which tells me they are still going on. Since they have already been started, they need to be finished in a responsible manner.

I agree with many of the changes that this health care reform is making. The only thing that I have issues with is making it mandatory for people to purchase health insurance. On that note, I can understand what making it mandatory for everyone to have health insurance is good for everyone. It's the same concept has having to have car insurance in order to legally drive. When something goes wrong and somebody hits me, I don't have to pay the bill. Mandatory health insurance is the same; the only difference is that you choose to drive a car and you are living. In my opinion, that would be the part of the bill that conservatives like the most. That way that don't have to pay their hard earned money to cover the cost of emergency room bills for those that don't want to work as hard.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The changes to force insurance companies to accept people with pre-exiting conditions are great.

I don't like how insurance companies threaten to raise their costs. However, it's really sad if they need to raise their costs in order to do business in an honest manner.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh....I get it. By the title of the thread I thought you meant he "fixed" wink wink the health care bill. We all knew that with all of the backdoor deals, bribery, and treason that went on. Yes I said treason....when you promise illegals amnesty just to get some votes from "hispanic" members, I can't think of anything else to call it. You sold out your own people (maybe, still not sure he's an American), for illegals from another country....must be a poud moment for him and Pelosi.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I think you are missing my point like many others do. You are right they are not the past. Then why do you see so many point fingers 5 years ago? Because if they looked at the now they would have to admit they are doing the same thing. If not worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
" simply adore this bit of "shared inside information" on how our government works.
"WE HAVE TO SIGN THE BILL TO FIND OUT WHAT IS IN THERE!"
Um, that aint what my 6th grade civics book says.
My sixth grade Civics Book says doing that is treason, and cause for arrest and imprisonment untill such day as trial shall be commenced.
Wrong Answer #1
Almost as funny as Blanche Lincoln's "only voting for the bill to get it on the floor where we can study it.
Wrong answer #2.
But nowhere near the side slapping hijinx of the Ferderal Reserve, when asked where two trillion recently printed dollars were, the Fed's response?
"A cheeky can't tell you".
For some reason the spokesperson for the Fed held hypnotic sway over congress, since not only was no one hanged, the question was not asked again.
Brilliant.
Send me 1/3 or I'll mentally influence some congress critter to follow you around asking the question and summoning every police officer he sees to ask that you be arrested on suspicion of grand theft, or counterfeiting or something.
Send 1/3 or risk being;
Wrong Answer #3.

"Somebody's screwin everything up, and this time it aint me"- Joe McCarthy

Watch for post to disappear in ......

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Luminaught]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

At least we always will be taken care of. Now you all will to. Aint that a good thing ?

How is this taking care of everyone?

Well. I understand that insurance companies could throw people out just like that. Leaving people who actually need insurance, uninsured.
Nobody will never be denied health care or have to be bothered by the costs of it... I do not think making it illegal not to have it or even punishable is a good thing.
The concept is a good thing. It should only be managed different.
The insurance companies should be the ones to be subjected to laws that protect you and anybody else. However I do not think paying a individual part is bad.As it is your health. The system where everybody benefits from everybody is a good concept and lets face it. The average American will never be able to pay a long term illness or ongoing cancer treatments.

And for the rich I can only say. Greed and selfish behaviour are no virtues.

There will be those pulling the short string on any law that gets issued.
This one however is ( if not corrupted with bad intentions ) is a good one ( in essence ) and it prevents us for shutting our eyes for those in need who didn't get any.

I think if the American public are so obsessed that the state does not have anything to say about anything personal. They should stand up and attack their government to get the hell out of any place where they even force their laws and moral to others.( Sorry of topic but I think it is a very hypocrite for one to demand one thing but let people on the other side of the world getting killed for the freedom to demand anything )

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I can only agree with you

Sad it is to see that it's not the people but the companies that rule the empire.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

The changes to force insurance companies to accept people with pre-exiting conditions are great.

But is there a cap on how much those insurance companies can charge for pre-existing conditions? Or is it a case of 'We have to accept you now according to the law but your premiums/deductibles will be expensive.'

Nobody will never be denied health care or have to be bothered by the costs of it...

What do you mean by nobody will have to be bothered by the costs of it? Some lower income brackets will receive credits but the rest have to pay for it out of pocket or face fines. And it's not free. What do people do who have $5,000 deductibles? They'll be paying for the insurance but never get anything covered because they can't afford the deductibles.

So again, how exactly is this going to help anyone besides insurance companies? Basically, taxes are being increased, people are forced to purchase a service or face fines, and some may not be able to afford to use the insurance they were forced to purchase due to high deductibles.

This 'reform' sounds like it's going to be pretty harmful for us.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The only true benefit will be that you get health care. One way or another.

With bothered with the cost.
I'd like to say that a trip to the hospital by ambualunce is charged for a little less of 10.000 euros. ( what i'm told )

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

What works in Europe won't work in the US.
Remember, Europeans will wait patiently for six months if they are told to do so.
No questions are ever questions asked, they just sit and wait.

Americans, on the other hand, are used to doing things on the fly and will bitch and groan if they are told to wait longer than normal.
That's why the rest of the world hate Americans because we are "selfish and impatient", remember?

This thing will blow up big time, everything the government touches turns to s#!~

Obama may be trying to keep that onion wrapped but it is slowly getting peeled back one layer at a time.

Henceforth, anything people will say about Bush will be meaningless and no longer relevant because Obama just bought the farm.

What happens to the US and world economy is now HIS DOING!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join