It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour to unveil Social care plans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Labour to unveil Social care plans.

www.channel4.com

"Health Secretary Andy Burnham will unveil a watered-down list of funding proposals today after the idea for a 10 per cent levy on estates was strongly criticised by the Tories.

The white paper on social care will promise to remove the "postcode lottery" where councils set their own criteria to decide who qualifies for free care."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.independent.co.uk

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I usually support labour, but i feel they've definitley shot themself in the foot unveiling this news, it will obviously have it's ups and downs, but theres just a few problems i have with it.
The fact that labour want to make it compulsary (pretty much an extra tax) i feel will turn alot of people away from it, (we have learnt this from the US health care bill,
Conservative have dubbed it the death tax and issued this poster found here conservativehome.blogs.com...
The reason David Cameron has called it the death tax is because the money that alot of people use to pay for this extra tax very well may come from the money they recieve from the death of a loved one passing away that would have recieved this NCS money in the first place!
so what is everyones thoughts on this then? x

www.channel4.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join