It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cygnus Bubble: PROOF OF ET LIFE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is the solar-system sized bubble in the Consellation Cygnus a planetary nebulae or could it be an "AC" or astroengineering construction, also known as a Dyson sphere, named after Freeman Dyson of the Princeton Institute for Advanced Study who proposed the theory? Dyson's thought experiment suggested that in our search for advanced extraterrrestrial civilizations that Instead of radio signals we should look for spheres, which are artificial mega structures that enclose the orbit of a star, fabricated from the material of that solar system. The key is to distinguish a Dyson sphere from natural dust components. The Dyson sphere is the marker of what Kardashev calls a Type 2 civilization, which is capable of using up all the energy produced by a star. A Type three civilization uses up all the energy produced by a galaxy."

Link To Main Article

This sounds interesting. The 'bubble' may be a natural phenomenon but there is a chance that it may be home to a very advanced race.

Such a nebula would absorb a large amount of energy from the stars it encloses. It would in effect be the perfect energy supply.

I think this is what a real Dyson sphere would look like. It would be impractical to produce a star trek style metal space station but a large cloud of gas would be easier to construct and maintain.

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Very interesting, though the article does not give us any more information about why it may (or may not be) a Dyson Sphere.

I'd also be interested in more about this...

According to Carrigan, of the 11,224 potential sources of low range emissions identified that might be a manifestation of Dyson spheres in the Milky Way there are only 16 that have strong potential.

What are those 16?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There is an episode of Star trek TNG with a dyson sphere. It would be a massive undertaking to construct one of those. Would be nice to prove they exist though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Like i said a star trek kind of sphere would be very hard to build. it would be easier to enclose a star inside an artificial nebulae and use it to trap the energy from the star. As for the other 16 sources i am not sure what they are. If anyone has more information please post it here as i would be very interested in reading about it.

Regardless, it is just a speculation that this is a dyson sphere. it may well be natural but it would be nice if we could visit it someday.

top topics

join