It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation Rises On N.K. Involvement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Speculation Rises On N.K. Involvement

www.koreaherald.co.kr

Defense Minister Kim Tae-young, however, did say that the government has not ruled out North Korea's possible involvement in the Cheonan's sinking, which was "assumed to have been caused by an external impact."

Kim said a torpedo was not detected by the Cheonan but said in response to a lawmaker's question that a "human torpedo attack" was also one of the possibilities.

A local newspaper report said North Korea has two-manned torpedoes, citing "former North Korean navy men...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Was it torpedo, mine, or even human torpedo by NK - planted explosive, or what in the hell caused that ship to sunk... ??? Questions really seek answers, and all South Koreans are now alarmed by threat - news are full of rumors.

North Korea doesnt help situation by their silence: "The North has not reported or issued a statement on the Cheonan's sinking so far."

This whole incident - or attack - or was it false flag... Its very interesting, and rumors from it grows daily. I see its just like a Hollywood film in its first episode... but leading us where?

I think NK did it, like first announced - by torpedo. I think all governments knows that too, but who really wants new war in Korean peninsula?

I think its time to ask question in ATS too - so what is your speculation?

www.koreaherald.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"Those without sin cast the first stone and all that"

Like the south koreans are all this pure government. We all know the western governments are vile and just as bad as any on earth, so do you guys not think south koreans are not aas bad as any other government in place?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think the South Koreans will still try and pin this on a stray mine - the consequences of them accusing the North of a deliberate act are too dire to contemplate.

As for the Chenoan having torpedo detection capabilities, I very much doubt it, especially for a wake homing torpedo coming out of the baffles.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Like the south koreans are all this pure government. We all know the western governments are vile and just as bad as any on earth, so do you guys not think south koreans are not aas bad as any other government in place?

That's like comparing Stalin Russia to Hitler Germany, saying "all governments are bad, so North Korea should get no special focus".

North Korea has one of the world's worst human rights records, as well as the least helpful government when it comes to feeding its people. Starving your own citizens en-mass is hardly "just like any other government" on this planet. North Korea, whether involved with this ship sinking or not, is hardly just like any other government on earth. They are quite unique, for better or worse. (anyone who thinks for better is insane, or probably works for North Korean intelligence).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

What does that have to do with anything

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be the Gubbernments???

I suspect it was an attack by the Military Industrial complex to get another war going to keep their profits up.

Multinational corporations no longer have national allegiances btw...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A very tense and dangerous situation in which South Korea finds itself. If North Korea really was involved and takes the blame then a war will start, which by all means, we don't want to see in the near future. I do however believe that NK was involved, and that its not deliberately given the blame due to the consequences and political/public pressure that would arise and eventually lead to a full blown war.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostt

Yeah, you also have to take into account NK citizen stories of village raids, brutality, torture, horrible prison conditions, mass starvation.

One Example:

Article

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Ghostt

Yeah, you also have to take into account NK citizen stories of village raids, brutality, torture, horrible prison conditions, mass starvation.

One Example:

Article

There are some horrible videos on Youtube about life in North Korea too!

Personally I think North Korea did it and everybody knows it.

They will probably be given another chance but then all hell will break loose if they do something like this again.

I don't think Little Kimmy will like being ignored so we may not have long to wait etc?

top topics

join