learn more

St. Malachy on the current pope

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Indeed, then we agree? No need to spit against the wind here. We are of the same opinion. These writings have given these popes who have been elected over the years great advantages, due to circumstantial "evidence" that they have been the right popes. All of the cardinals who gather to elect the next pope are aware of these writings, and they see them as holy guidelines in the election. John Paul II was born during an ecclipse. That was enough to elect him pope. After all they all have the same education and are all old, grumpy men who likes to walk around in robes wearing funny hats. What difference could it make choosing one or the other?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sebedit cannot be the end of the sentence. As you have it written: "In the seat of the [Holy See] there will be." It is in reference to "Petrus Romanus" who is the "last" pope.

Gloria Olivae is the last authentic name on Malachi's list. Peter was probably a later addition.

Note three interpretations:

1) Peter the Roman is a later Jesuit forgery and the list just stops with Gloria

2) Peter the Roman was on the original list and he is the direct successor to Gloria

3) Peter the Roman was on the original list, but his name is unnumbered (Malachi's list was numbered). Therefore, he may or may not be the direct successor of Gloria.

Note also, on this topic, "De Mediante Luna" could refer to John Paul I, but there is growing speculation that it may be John Paul II. Though everyone loves JP2 for "De Labore Solis," Cardinal Luciani (JP1) was Pope for such a short period of time, he may not appear on Malachi's list.

Personally, I agree with the generally accepted interpretation that Benedict XVI is Gloria Olivae, but I wanted to raise the other theories.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18
Sebedit cannot be the end of the sentence.

Sedebit could be used in the end of a sentance in a poem could it not?

Besides, couldn't Petrus Romanov simply be a way to refer to the office of the Pope itself?, making everything from "111 gloria olivae" onwards infact to be about the sitting pope number 111 in Malachy's prophecy?

The office of the Pope is afterall working out the mandate of Peter, and is a Roman institution....

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Latin is a really nifty language and you can do tons of cool things with it to make it poetic. However, in this case, simply, the thought is incomplete and it just does not make sense.

"In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit" is what we are dealing with. So, translated that is: "[The Church (S.R.E is the Holy Roman Church)] In [Under/During] extreme persecution [turmoil] there will be seated..."

It just is a fragment of a sentence. Petrus Romanus is the noun-subject and directly follows sedebit.

In short, the history of the prophecy tends to discount the theory that "Peter the Roman" was ever actually included in the actual list. Moreover, historians/prophecy-ists generally accept that "Gloria Olivae" and Petrus Romanus are completely separate.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18

Latin is a really nifty language and you can do tons of cool things with it to make it poetic. However, in this case, simply, the thought is incomplete and it just does not make sense.

"In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit" is what we are dealing with. So, translated that is: "[The Church (S.R.E is the Holy Roman Church)] In [Under/During] extreme persecution [turmoil] there will be seated..."

It just is a fragment of a sentence. Petrus Romanus is the noun-subject and directly follows sedebit.

Thanks for your wise comments. I really appreciate it. But.
Isn't it possible that the sentance could be translated:

"In extreme persecution the Church will remain [seated]"?

As you understand by now, Latin isn't among my strengths, but given the versatility of the Latin language, and that these verses are in a sense short poems, couldn't the above be a possible translation?

In short, the history of the prophecy tends to discount the theory that "Peter the Roman" was ever actually included in the actual list. Moreover, historians/prophecy-ists generally accept that "Gloria Olivae" and Petrus Romanus are completely separate.

Well are they? As far as I know, the Peter verse isn't numbered, which would have been quite strange if it was either originally a part of the original list or added later, unless like in my assumption, the Peter verse may infact be either part of the former verse, or simply a conclusion, that "the Roman Peter" simply refers to the Papacy in general, reflecting on either the fall of the church after Gloria Olivae abdicates?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The actual first appearance of the papal prophecies of Malachi (in the Lignum Vitae of Arnold Wion, A.D. 1595 - a scan of the original is on the Wikipedia site) shows that:

1) the entries of the popes were NOT numbered
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:Arnoldo_Wion_1595_Lignum_Vitae_p311.GIF

2) the entry for "In psecutione extrema...." is a SEPARATE entry* from the preceding "Gloria olivae." and the subsequent "Petrus Romanus...." entry, and therefore could refer to another papal situation in between.
[* ending with a period, as do all other entries]

"Gloria olivae."
"In psecutione extre-
ma, S.R.E. sedebit." **
"Petrus Romanus, qui .... Finis."
It is NOT part of Gloria olivae NOR of Petrus Romanus.
[** Note the indentation of this line in the original, further indicating that it is a separate entry.]

It translates as:
In persecution extreme, [the] Holy Roman Church will sit.

Interestingly, the abbreviated form of the word 'psecutione' can refer to prosecution (for crimes) as well as persecution (victimization). Perhaps here it means BOTH.

On another aspect of the entry, look at the first column on the same page of the actual published prophecy,
en.wikipedia.org...:Arnoldo_Wion_1595_Lignum_Vitae_p311.GIF
and you see a similar prophecy,
"In tribulatione pacis." which referred to a pope.

So "In psecutione extrema...." could refer to a pope between Gloria olivae and Petrus Romanus.
However, I think not, because it is followed by a comma and "S.R.E. sedebit." S.R.E. is Latin for Holy Roman Church (Sacra Romana Ecclesia).
Sedebit is a 2nd-conjugation verb in the future indicative tense, singular, meaning 'will sit.' (sedeo, sedere, sedi, sessus)
The question is whether it means an active sitting or a passive sitting. I think it is the latter, meaning it is unable to elect a pope for a significant period of time after the end of the papacy of "Gloria olivae."
It could also mean that it is sitting in judgment on itself, because while the sentence has a subject (S.R.E.) and a verb (sedebit), there is no direct object (what the church is sitting in judgment on).

But maybe not. Something just occurred to me:
If 'In psecutione extrema' is the motto of a pope, sedebit could be the verb with the understood subject of he/she/it -- in Latin, the verb can contain the subject*** -- and S.R.E. could be the direct object, meaning the pope, referred to as 'In psecutione extrema', could sit in judgement on the Holy Roman Church (for its sins?).

*** [E.G., Amo / Amas / Amat -- I love / you love / he-she-it loves]

So, the entry could be translated as:
In persecution/prosecution extreme, he [the pope] will sit [in judgment] on the Holy Roman Church.

One bit of Latin grammar:
The simple form of Latin sentence is 'subject - direct object - verb', unlike English and many other languages; and the traditional location of the verb in a simple Latin sentence is virtually always at the end.

Another bit of Latin grammar:
The adjective follows the noun that it modifies.
In psecutione extrema, S.R.E. sedebit.
Even without the comma, extrema modifies psecutione, not S.R.E.

One spooky addition:
Use the following website to translate sedebit from Latin to English:
www.translation-guide.com...
It translates sedebit not as 'sit' but as 'sixteen'.
And Gloria olivae is Benedict XVI - Benedict the Sixteenth.
Hmmmmmm.

Well, enough for tonight.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If a religion is legitimate it is always legitimate. It isn't sometime legitimate and sometimes illegitimate. It doesn't claim "divine" one minute and "inquisition" the next. It doesn't authorize people as trustworthy leaders who are or become criminal. There has never been any indication that Catholicism is or was a true religion.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
For the following bit of text from my post, just above:

"Another bit of Latin grammar:
The adjective follows the noun that it modifies.
In psecutione extrema, S.R.E. sedebit.
Even without the comma, extrema modifies psecutione, not S.R.E."

Ignore the 3d and 4th lines. There is no comma in this entry in the Lignum Vitae (AD 1595).
My text should be just the first 2 lines:

"Another bit of Latin grammar:
The adjective follows the noun that it modifies."

[edit on 9-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If permissible I thought I would insert the image from the first published work giving the papal prophecies, so that we wouldn't need to hunt up the item on the web every time we wanted to refer to it. This is a scan from the original book called LIGNUM VITAE, published in A.D. 1595 by Arnold Wion.
Here is the last page of the papal list (from Wikipedia):

Wikipedia says, "This image is in the public domain because its copyright has expired in the United States and those countries with a copyright term of no more than the life of the author plus 100 years." [NOTE: This book was published 415 years ago.]
--------------------------------
A scan of the entire original book is found on Google books (free download):

The list is on pages 305-311.
--------------------------------

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The RCC, IMO, is left over from the Holy Roman Empire. Just as all the other religions of the Empire have disappeared, it is past time for the end of the RCC. Italy could take over the Vatican City and make it a historical/cultural zone, and the archives held at the Vatican could be reviewed by honest scholars.

If the prophecies of "extreme persecution" are correct, I'd bet my last dollar on Pedophilia/Ephebiphilia being the cause of the RCC's extinction.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
[Latin]
CXI Gloria oliuæ.
In p̲secutione extrema S.R.E. ſedebit.
[/Latin]

[Translation]
111 Glory of the olive.
He will reign during the ultimate persecution of the Holy Roman Church.
[/Translation]

This prophecy is about the sitting pope, Benedict XVI formerly cardinal Joseph Ratzinger. In the prophecies of the sitting pope it is foretold that he will lead the Church through the ultimate persecution of the Church. This ultimate "persecution" seems to having to do with a certain tendency among Roman Catholic priests, pedophilia and other sexual predatory acts like using their position to have sexual encounters with whosoever might fit the given priests' sexual preferances, in effect meaning rape. And the sitting pontiff is directly involved, since he hasn't excommunicated these evil and pathetic men and handed them over to the police together with the vast evidence and material that MUST have been accumulated up through the years, to the law, instead of destroying it and pardoning the priests.

I have no proof to say there are more pedophiles among priests than the general population, but given they are all sworn and thereby doomed to live without sex at all, it wouldn't amaze me that there is more perversiveness among these priests than in the general population, and they have the "perfect" opportunity and territories to cheat on God to sin so gravely and terrorise children sexualy, since people trust them never to do such acts, and most Church members would never even think or imagine that a pater, priest, church cleric or otherwise -- could be a sexual predator. But as time runs down the river, it seems this is actually more commonplace within church walls than in the general population even. Horrific.

In responce to what has been revealed: May the prophecy of st. Malachy come true: May the church be destroyed never to see light of day again. Not just because of this, but because the institution has basically been the most destructable and the worst enemy of humanity since it first started to develop in the third and fourth centuries. Just too bad all the art and the great buildings would yumble down, but I couldn't care less. I'd love to see all catholic men of power were excommunicated by the Beast it has been cuddling all these years.

Some have seen a parallel between Saint Malachy's last eight popes...
...and the eight kings of Revelation 17:10-11...
...following is the text...

"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition."

The parallel was first noticed a few years ago when five had already died...

"...five are fallen..."
Pius XI
Pius XII
John XXIII
Paul VI
John Paul I

"...one is..."
John Paul II (he was alive when the interpretation was first made)

"...not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space".
Benedict XVI...
...the current pope who has a short reign or a reign that is cut short.

"...goes into perdition."
Final pope predicted by Saint Malachy...

The time hack for the "five are fallen" is the serious wounding of John Paul II.

With reference to the chiasmic parallel reference in Revelation 13:3...

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed:"

If there is a parallel here with St Malachi...
...then it not only means the end of Papacy...
...but also a key escatological cue in the last events predicted in Revelation.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Congratulations on some really great work in this thread. This prophecy has always interested me and I remember all the discussions we had here when the current pope was being elected. Some of us got it right that it would be a Benedictine, relating to the Olive - order of the Olivetans.

I'm not a latin or biblical scholar but when I first read this prophecy, the phrase "Petrus Romanus" seemed like it wasn't a name (Malachi never named the popes). My first thought was Petrus = rock. Romanus = Rome. So "the Rock of Rome" which would be a reference to the church. I think that changes the interpretation completely but I'll leave that up to you latin experts.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I never liked this prophecy. When I first heard about it it sounded very convincing, with people telling me that this guy "names all the popes until the end of the world."

But he doesn't name anyone, just drops some cryptic vague non-specific clues.

Malachy, shouldn't it be Malarkey?

I suppose it could be true though, in that case good riddance to the Roman Empire that successfully used Christ's teachings for evil and control.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Image from Wikipedia:

"This image is in the public domain because its copyright has expired in the United States and those countries with a copyright term of no more than the life of the author plus 100 years."

[edit on 12-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The last three entries of St. Malachy's prophecies of the popes of the Holy Roman Church (S.R.E.) are:
"Gloria olivae."
"In psecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit."
"Petrus Romanus ...."

On May 11th 2010, the current pope flew to Portugal for a 4-day visit. He gave a press conference on the plane. In a translation of the Pope's own words, that he made during the press conference on the plane to Portugal to visit Fatima, Pope Benedict XVI called the current sex scandal rocking the Catholic Church its "greatest persecution".
www.dw-world.de...

Well, it seems that the 2nd to last entry in St Malachy's prophecies of the popes is coming true and applies to the current pope Benedict XVI. The prophetic paragraph reads, "In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit." It likely applies to the previous papal prophecy, that of "Gloria olivae", who is certainly Pope Benedict XVI. "In persecutione extrema S.R.E." can be translated as "In the greatest persecution of the Holy Roman Church [S.R.E.]". And the last word "... sedebit." as "he will sit/preside." Therefore, the prophecy can be translated fully as:
"In the greatest persecution of the Holy Roman Church [S.R.E.], he [the pope] will sit/preside."

SEE THE FOLLOWING REPORTS OF NEWS ORGANIZATIONS FOR MORE REFERENCES AND FURTHER DETAILS ON THIS PRESS CONFERENCE AND STATEMENT REGARDING "GREATEST PERSECUTION":

"... At the start of his visit to Portugal, Pope Benedict XVI has called the current sex scandal rocking the Catholic Church its "greatest persecution" "
www.dw-world.de...

Pope: Church Facing Its "Greatest Persecution"
www.cbsnews.com...

"... On a flight to Portugal, Benedict told reporters “the greatest persecution of the church ..."
www.csmonitor.com...

"Sin within Church is its 'greatest persecution': Pope"
www.cathnews.com...

"Pope Benedict XVI said Tuesday the greatest persecution of the institution "is born from the sins within the church," and not from a campaign by outsiders."
abcnews.go.com...

"Pope Benedict XVI yesterday made some of his strongest comments on the clerical abuse scandal, blaming "sins within the Church", and particularly priests accused of abusing minors, for "the greatest persecution" the Catholic Church had suffered."
www.ft.com...=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2Fdf2b158e-5d5e-1 1df-8373-00144feab49a.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ft.com%2Fsearch%3FqueryText%3DPOPE%26x%3D15%26y%3D2%26aje%3Dtrue%26dse%3D%26dsz%3D

Italian: "che la più grande persecuzione della", [9th to last line in last quote by the Pope]
www.vatican.va...

-----------------

So, it seems that Benedict is the next-to-last pope of the Vatican.

The final pope in the prophecy is referred to as "Petrus Romanus".

So, are we approaching "the end"? The end of what? Just the Papacy? The Vatican? The city of Rome? The worldwide Roman Catholic Church? The whole world (as we know it)? The last prophecy seems to indicate a great/terrible judgment by a/the Great Judge". But it won't happen right away, because "Petrus Romanus" must first "feed/lead the sheep" during "MANY tribulations", "AFTER WHICH" will come " judgment". (See the previous posts regarding translation and discussion of these prophecies.)

--------------
THE SECOND PART TO THIS POST FOLLOWS NEXT...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
One more aspect of the papacy in prophecy has to be addressed, other prophecies, including Fatima.

Sister Lucia of Fatima said: "And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows* at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions."
www.marianland.com...
* This part is puzzling. Arrows? What does make sense are weapons like rockets, which have fins like feathered arrows. St. Lucia, living in 1917, before the advent of rocketry, might have only been able to understand the vision of these weapons in the context of the early 20th Century, and called them what they looked most like, namely "arrows".
What is also puzzling is the description, "something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it". Did Sr. Lucia have a vision of the events being broadcast on television? TV hadn't been invented, and she might not have understood the form of the vision, since it seems clear that it wasn't a 'normal' vision of the future. And TV and computer screens do have aspects of mirror-reflection. And with real-time broadcasting from anywhere in the world a virtual reality, this seems to help fit the comment into present context.

And there is the vision of Pope Pius X. He reportedly came out of a trance, saying he saw a vision in which he claimed, "Will it be me? Will it be my successor? What I see is a Pope fleeing Rome walking over the dead bodies of his priests!". See the following:
Pope Saint Pius X -- [lived] 1835 – 1914
"What I have seen is terrifying! Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" "Do not tell anyone this while I am alive."
"I saw one of my successors taking to flight over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in disguise somewhere and after a short retirement he will die a cruel death. The present wickedness of the world is only the beginning of the sorrows which must take place before the end of the world."
"Watch the sun and moon and the stars of Heaven - when they appear to be unduly disturbed and restless, know that the day is not far away.......The Divine Judgment shall strike them like a thunderbolt!......'Hurricanes of fire will pour forth from the clouds and spread over the entire earth! Storms, bad weather, thunderbolts and earthquakes will cover the earth for two days. An uninterrupted rain of fire will take place! It will begin during a very cold night.........This catastrophe shall come upon the earth like a flash of lightning at which moment the light of the morning sun shall be replaced by black darkness! No one shall leave the house or look out of a window from that moment on. I Myself shall come amidst thunder and lightning.......'On that day, as soon as complete darkness has set in, no one shall leave the house or look out of the _ The darkness shall last a day and a night, followed by another day and a night, and another day - but on the night following, the stars will shine again, and on the next morning the sun shall rise again, and it will be springtime."
www.essan.org...

MORE:

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
PART THREE

Pope Pius IX (19th century)
"There will come a great prodigy*, which will fill the world with awe. But this prodigy will be preceded by the triumph of a revolution during which the Church will go through ordeals that are beyond description**."
www.catholicprophecy.org...
* "a great prodigy" =? "Petrus Romanus"
** "ordeals beyond description" =? "persecutione extrema"

------------------------------------------

The future doesn't look good. Not to me, anyway.

{END OF THREE-PART POST}

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhwilson9
Sister Lucia of Fatima said: "And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows* at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions."
www.marianland.com...

The specific part I'm interested is this:
"it was the Holy Father. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark"

Does anyone have an idea where this is located? There must be:
a steep mountain
at the top of which is a BIG cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark

The pope might be in exile (according to some prophecies) so the mountain and cross might not be in Rome.
It certainly seems like a very distinctive location.
Of course, it might not have been built yet.
I tried Google Images without any success.
Any suggestions?

While we probably can't find the exact dates of the upcoming events [no one knows, except God] and probably will never get a reliable text of the 3rd secret of Fatima from the Vatican, we can be prepared by looking for the signs and sequences of events as they happen. We seem to be in a period of "persecutione extrema of the Catholic Church" (see Malachy). At some future time a pope will try to escape from the Vatican/Rome, and some time later will be assassinated by soldiers. Will the pope be the current one, Benedict XVI, or the next pope, Petrus Romanus?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Where would a pope be likely to find refuge? Maybe this is the first question in the search for the location of the steep mountain and BIG wooden cross. Monasteries sometimes are located on nearly inaccessible mountains.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There is a fairly high level of belief that one of the last two popes is the ANTICHRIST. The current pope has had his hands full with the mega-scandal involving priests/bishops/popes and homosexual child-rape and child-abuse and massive cover-ups. It is 5 years into his papacy and he only now seems to be beginning to realize his failings as pope and previously as bishop and head of the department that oversaw the matter. How far will he go in response, or whether he will step back from his admissions of sin, no one can say.
Now, I know we aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover. So I'll just post a few images and leave it at that.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by jhwilson9]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join