It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Husband Probed for Allegedly Posting Threats on Radical Web Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Military Husband Probed for Allegedly Posting Threats on Radical Web Site

www.foxnews.com

The husband of a military servicewoman living on a Tennessee Naval base is under investigation for posting threatening comments on a radical right-wing Web site, FoxNews.com has learned.
The man, writing under the name "ACA," posted a comment last week in response to a story on the expanding role of the IRS under the new health care law. The story was posted on infowars.com, which is operated by conservative talk-show host Alex Jones.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted and did a few searches so I figured I throw it up here. Is it a coincidence that they just had the ATF raids a few days ago and now they are posting this story directly under that story? I don't even see anything about it on infowars which is strange. I'm interested in who determines if a site is to be labeled "radical".

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's about time. It's not ok to threaten to use violence against people who disagree with you. Be these cops, or congresspeople or neighbors. IT'S NOT OK, IT'S NOT FREE SPEECH. They are threats and should be treated as such. Also the people inciting these things should be arrested as well. I, for one have had enough of this foolishness under the guise of patriotism. I love my country and oddly enough what I see happening is a bit of progress. It might be 2 steps up and one step back but it is something at least. Not just more years of feeding fat cat corporations. Now let's enact some legislation to control the financial market and prevent any more bailouts.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sso what he did was re-post an article appearing on Alex Jones. Hmmmm

Errr...he posted something on AJ

Alex is right! THEY ARE out to get him.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is another quote from the article:

www.foxnews.com...

"NCIS and the base's security force will continue to monitor the man as they conducts their investigation. Thus far, Crenshaw said, it appeared to investigators that the man had not violated any law.

"Threatening violence is taken very seriously but it is not necessarily an illegal act — there's freedom of speech," Crenshaw said, adding that investigators would step in if they sensed the man was going to take action and that his online rants were more than just blather.

Crenshaw said he did not know if "Madman," the commenter who replied to "ACA's" post, was being sought by investigators."

The comments are no longer on AJ's website.

This means mods cleared them up, and who is to say AJ or his staff did not themselves report the posts (since they no longer are on the site) to start exactly this, controversy? I mean he is really really wanting it look like the msm is "out to get him". Why?

Interesting article none the less, thank you for bringing to our attention.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
it wouldn't be surprising if they reported it in the hopes it would generate even more buzz about their site.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
which is operated by conservative talk-show host Alex Jones."

So thats what he is now?! The likes of Hannity and Limbaugh!?!?

Cause everyone knows the conservatives absolutely LOVE to talk about conspiracies.

Reagrding the topic, I seriously feel that things are escalating and escalating. Every day you hear about more people harrassing, threatening, shooting, even flying planes into buildings, all directed towards our elected officials and govt employees. In a way I am happy to see everyone in this country is starting to wake up. But, Im afraid of what the consequences will be. After all, as we have seen recently, all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for EVERYONE! All they need is one spark to start the inferno of which our US Constitution and our rights will be nothing more but kindling.

I love the smell of citizens freedom burning in the morning

[edit on 30-3-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
whats with all these people being busted for whatnot on the internet

all the sudden theres a terrorist sweeP going on in the internet?
or is it time for the government to show everyone that free speech and thought are dangerous?

[edit on 3/30/2010 by indigothefish]

new topics

top topics

join