It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am against the war but that does not give me the right to disrupt the private burial of someones son who was killed in it.

Phelps is an idiot and scum and is oppressing his neighbor by defiling the private burial of thier son. He should be jailed!

The Judge is not senile he is doing what bar attorneys do extorting monies out of people by prolonging the court proceedings as long as possible with this kind of non-sense. And then what if Snyder can't pay will they take his property Bankrupt him and jail him? One more recruit for the revolution that is coming!

And people still think we live under the rule of law and the constitution... Sigh!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This decision is un-freekin'-believable! This so-called Reverend and his sick twisted family should be forced to pay for their own expenses till the Supreme court case is over. This is an open ended way to bankrupt this poor family already suffering. These people have no concept of what they do and believe everybody else should bow down to them or else.Zindo

Dude, we agree on something. I read about it and considered sending money myself. The law may be the law, but there must be a clever way to turn this around...within the legal system, that is.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Question- the article doesn't mention what Phelps was appealing. Was his group forcefully removed from protesting the funeral? Then he filed a grievance that his free speech was violated?

If Phelps had come to my sons funeral protesting I would be violating his rights all the way to the hospital... Him AND his anti-Christian ilk... I would be very happy to take the rap too...

They think they are doing God a service...... May they and their poor deluded souls rot....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be a shame if some Marine F/A-18's from Beaufort flew a cross country to Lemoore, Ca. and their ordnance accidently fell off somewhere over Kansas.... yeah, that would be a shame...huh

[edit on 30-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Actually, I think bankrupting himself, his family members (they are his flock) and his church would be more painfull for someone of his ilk. Watching him become destitute and losing all he holds dear would be a far better punishment. Then bomb his sorry ass.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It was a panel of 3 judges from the 4th Circuit that made the ruling. That makes it more disgusting, imo.

Btw, Bill O'Reilly tonight said that he is going to pick up the fees for Snyder.
He said there is no way Snyder should be held responsible for these fees.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I really dislike O'Rielly, however, it's very nice of him to pick up the tab for this. It still sickens me that this even came to be.....Phelps is a disgusting human being.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by mishigas

I really dislike O'Rielly, however, it's very nice of him to pick up the tab for this. It still sickens me that this even came to be.....Phelps is a disgusting human being.

First I agree with Zindo...then I appreciate an act of O'Reilley kindness...what's next? Locusts? Plagues?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Naw..you'll just move here and become a Republican/Conservative!!! NOT,

Zindo

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, looks like O'Reilly will pay for the mans court costs out of his own pocket. (Good for you Bill)

I usually don't agree with much about O'Reilly. But this deserved Kudos.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

It was a panel of 3 judges from the 4th Circuit that made the ruling. That makes it more disgusting, imo.

Btw, Bill O'Reilly tonight said that he is going to pick up the fees for Snyder.
He said there is no way Snyder should be held responsible for these fees.

I've always disliked him, but that's a stand-up thing to do.
Cheers to O'Reilley.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
We all know what should happen to these judges so I ain't gonna risk putting my thoughts down. I honestly can't fathom these type rulings. This "church" is nothing more than a bunch of lawyers that know how to get around paying taxes, obviously these judges decided to take the lawyers side. Science has come so far that it can cure blindness. Here is my source....Lady Justice sure as heck ain't blind no more and she is pimped to the highest bidder.

One more thing...Why all the hate for O'reilly. I dare anyone of you to go to a partisan site and tell me that there is no bashing on both sides of the aisle. He is the most hated man in America unless you are in the middle.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Yeah... that's what I said. Americans want to have their cake and eat it too and it doesn't work that way. If you want to have unrestricted free speech, this is it, you have to take the good with the bad.

Where do you get that we have unrestricted free speech? You can't go into a theater and yell "fire!". You can't threaten anyone's life. You can't publicly slander anyone. You can't walk up to a cop and tell him you're going to kick his teeth in.

Courts decided a long time ago that there are limits on freedom of speech. This is just a terrible decision. The supreme court is going to find against Westboro. Their time is limited.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow.
That is just unreal.

With the attention this will get, I doubt that Albert Snyder will have to give these oddballs a dime. Phelps and his bunch have no class. They should keep that nonsense in their church or on some far-right radio program but to disrupt funerals to spout this garbage?

If God really hates Gays, he needs to find a better vehicle for his hateful message or learn to deal with it.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

the 3 judges is bad enough but what about the jury? whats wrong with these people?
its kind of like the o.j. simpson trial all over again
but we all know what happens to o.j. simpson later on don't we?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

The Three Judge Panel was the jury. This was a preliminary appeal hearing on the initial verdict and the 5 million given the father by the jury.

Zindo

[edit on 3/31/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I'm a Christian and I apologize this is happening. These people are a bunch of crooks who should never have won this case.

Equinox.. don't EVER take responsiblity for others bad actions. Ever!

Being a Christian does not mean you are like these people. They are simply hiding behind a a name. Anyone who believes in a higher power or just values people would never act in such a manner.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd love to post my opinion but unfortuantely I can't.

Lately, when I voice my opinion whic,by the way, reflects mosts people sentiments, I get a Warning.

I hate Phelps and it seems that someone on the ATS Board may have some sympathy for them. I know who it is but I woan't mention names. So be careful when you voice any Hate toward Phelps, You'll get a warning..

I'd like to see the Whole Phelps Family get wiped out, be it by an Act of Nature or some Crazed Gunman. That would fix the whole issue, Quick Smart.

So I hope some people get to read thios before it get's taken down for Extreme T&C Violation.

What cracks me up though, Is all I'm saying is what a lot of people are thinking..

Waiting, Waiting ...............................................Warning Imminent.

Time to take a Handful of drugs and Vegetate.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I already have. I lost some points for a minor violation of pasting from the source! Oh well. I can't be too mad. I got my point across!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
I hate Phelps and it seems that someone on the ATS Board may have some sympathy for them.

I can't really imagine that. This group is easily the most repugnant in the USA. In fact these events actually seem specifically designed to offend everyone, and therefore increase the chance of an "incident" which the Phelps family can use to win a judgment and make some easy cash. Aren't they a family of lawyers?

I'd like to see the Whole Phelps Family get wiped out, be it by an Act of Nature or some Crazed Gunman. That would fix the whole issue, Quick Smart.

It won't be a crazed gunman. It will be a relative at a funeral that snaps. Military members often have tough families. It's only a matter of time.

So I hope some people get to read thios before it get's taken down for Extreme T&C Violation.

What cracks me up though, Is all I'm saying is what a lot of people are thinking..

Waiting, Waiting ...............................................Warning Imminent.

Man up, ain't nobody warning you for (a) talking about the topic of the thread and (b) speaking honestly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join