It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

h2o=creator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Water is responsible for the creation and maintaining of any life to our knowledge and understanding.
Why isn't water considered god or the creator?
I understand (but don't believe or support) the idea that god came upon this huge body of water, while floating through eternal darkness or whatever, and created the earth and heavens and life but if we use a scientific theory like the big bang, we can plug in water as a creator of life and a god in a sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seangkt

I understand... the idea that god came upon this huge body of water

You'll understand a lot better once you've read this

Cronus lay in wait hidden from view, and when Uranus came to lie with Gaia, he struck...

Mythopoeically as well as scientifically, water is not the creator of life but the element in which it arose. It is the mother, the nurturing matrix of life, not the father that provides the creative seed.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah I understand that water alone wasn't responsible but many other elements and events. This idea is just a quick thought that I think I could base a bigger theory off of.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
no, life could have been made out of any other element

so, what you said doesnt make a physical sense

maybe a philosophical one

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

This is by no means meant to be a fact. Philosophical is what it is for sure.

I should have better explained but I briefly wrote about the idea some buddies and I came up with one night, during one of those heated scientific religious debates.

Since this got replies give me a day or two to better rewrite the philosophy.

top topics

join