It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Bones Successfully Grown in Lab from Stem Cells-amazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
article:

Scientists could use the technique to reconstruct almost any intricate bone shape in the lab, using digital images as a model. Developments such as these could do away with the need for painful bone grafts or using materials such as titanium that aren't completely biocompatible with host bones.

Source: www.popsci.com...

Just wow.... I guess it was only a matter of time but the whole thought of Pre-forming the molds for the need part/bone. Simply amazing-to the lay guy like me.

I wonder what things will be like a 100 years from now.....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I can finally get rid of all of the
titanium in my head. The microwave
really plays hell with it.

This is great. The things that can be
grown is amazing. I saw a documentary
last year (I think) where scientists placed
stem cells over a mold of a heart valve.
In a matter of weeks the thing actually
started beating on it's own and it wasn't
even in a heart.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

Wow, that is amazing. Maybe some hope for the Bad Heart people (me being one). thank you for sharing. I will go look for that.

A buddy of mine, who is an Air Force medic, was amazed and then added, think about if they can scan ones body at the beginning of adulthood, or rather done with the normal growing etc. Genetically scans their body and create a record/file. In the future, that person may have a problem with an internal organ or a missing limb etc could go to the record/file of when they were, say, 20-rebuild that correct or health part and basically heal ones self. Mind bogging.

new topics

join