It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog Plays with young deer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You gotta see this.

From the video description:

www.youtube.com
My brother found this deer alone and malnourished when it was a tiny baby. My family bottle fed the baby, named Theen until he was eating grass. Several months later he's very socialized with people, our black lab, and our cats. He is free to wander if he likes and we've seen him with several herds of whitetail and axis deer. Apparently he fits in just fine with them. He frequently comes back to the house to eat some catfood and play with our dog, Buddy. He doesn't care much for deer corn."

Just thought this was kinda feel good, so maybe you will as well. On a side note - I have no idea where this would even go, topic wise. Probably BTS, I guess. First time submitting something. Mods please move to appropriate area. Hopefully not deep six.

Edit to add - I have no idea how I put this in ancient civilizations..... sorry.

Mod Edit: added ex tags.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The two cats sitting on the sidelines simply watching was probably the best part of this video.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is beautiful and really unique to see them getting along and playing together, without any fear for the dog. The are clearly buddies!
It's also special that this deer manages to survive in the wild, after being domesticated. It's great to hear he's accepted by his own kind without a problem and still enjoys visiting your house and his old friends on occasion. The only thing that might be dangerous for him is the trust he has in humans. I don't know if there are a lot of hunters in your area, but they might be a real threat for this deer, because he doesn't seem to be having the natural instinct to get away.
But it is a remarkable and beautiful video, it put a bright smile to my face!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwynniver

Whoops! Forgot to mention, this video wasn't shot from myself, or anyone I know for that matter..... Just found it quite by accident.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am glad to see this but it also scares me a bit. If that deer is trained to like people, if it goes to the wrong person...I can't imagine what would happen.

It did bring a smile to my face. It reminds me of this video:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That's really cute. It's sad that our own species can't get along like that 95% of the time.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That is amazing that the polar bear is so chilled out with them huskies. I like your video better now. Trumped by a polar bear!
But yeah, the deer wandering up to a blaze orange person carrying a thunder stick would be a big concern if I were these people. Hopefully it doesn't meet with a premature end because of a little domestication.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm afraid the deer is going to take one of Buddy's eyes out or give him brain damage with those hooves. There's a lot of force behind those strikes.

I'm always amazed that prey and predator can get along so well.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Here's a good website to share that video, and see lots of others. It reminds me of the time when I had a ferret and a couple of cats, despite their size difference they got along fine.

ihasahotdog.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its always nice to see beings who share differences from each other getting along. People would be the same if we could ever evolve beyond the silly narrow minded foolishness that we call our beliefs between man and God. A disastrous work by man that in reality serves only to divide and control mankind.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i like how the dog gets fed up with the deer useing those hooves and just outright charges him. then the deer turns around and bolts across the yard.

pretty cool vid.

top topics

join