It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the second american civil war will look like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Whatever it would look like...IMO, the end result is that America would no longer be the worlds super power and would most likely (IMO) end in another country attacking the United States.

Whether they would come to "help" one of the sides or came to attack both sides...it would be the perfect and probably the only chance a country who hates the United States would have to launch an attack on American soil. This would bring in our allies...and instead of a Civil War...we would have WWIII right here on our soil.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There won't be a civil war. If one were to try to start, the military would wipe out the opposition so quickly that nothing would ever come of it.

People crack me up with this kind of talk. If you're so unhappy with the government, run for office, or at the very least, get out and vote. Make changes in your community and stop being so quick think that uprising and revolution are things that you can handle.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

I agree...too bad these internet revolutionaries think that voting does no good.

They would rather kill people to push their point of view, which they think is 100% truth, than actually put in some work to bring about the change they think needs to take place.

The choose dictatorship tactics over democratic tactics...all in the name of defending the constitution...LOL...the irony is too much.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Civil war =/= revolution.

Well then Gwydion...do us all a favor and define what revolution is.

I could see a revolution being different then civil war if we were to revolt against a foreign occupying force...but that is not the case here. No matter how you cut it...you are advocating a violent revolution against American citizens.

You obviously have an idea in your head that involves a violent revolution where you wouldn't be killing American citizens. Because if you did kill American citizens...then that would be a CIVIL WAR.

Time to stop speaking in generalities and come out with your secret plan that only you know about. Give us specifics on your little quick and efficient "revolution" that wouldn't involve killing American citizens. And yes...all government officials are AMERICAN CITIZENS.

So educate us all...tell us exactly how civil war and revolution are different.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There won't be a true civil war.

The intermountain west will light up like Afghanistan at some point in the future, with marxist pro Aztlan guerillas carrying out an insurgency in the US Southwest. At the same time pro American militias and Mormon paramilitary groups, working with the military, will combat the marxist guerillas.

It will look like Colombia.

I forgot to add, this will lead to a US/Canadian invasion of Mexico.

Projection: 5 to 15 years from now.

[edit on 30/3/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Digital_Reality

You represent the majority of people who are against such things in the fact that you misunderstand or rather, choose to ignore the point of a "revolution".

Civil war =/= revolution. It CAN but it is not necessarily so. I don't know of a single soul who actually WANTS a Civil War, but I can think of a few who wouldn't mind a revolution.

Get the whole philosophy out of your head that revolution would mean walking outside onto your porch and shooting your neighbors. I don't even think some Americans are THAT stupid. War isn't about just killing for the sake of killing, that is murder. War is about the necessity of killing for a cause and a reason. No matter the war, there is always a reason, whether it be a good reason or not - that it happens. What exactly would be the REASON behind killing random citizens? There wouldn't be a reason, and therefore it wouldn't happen.

IF there would be a civil war, it would be because of government propaganda. It would start as a revolution against government and tyranny, and somehow, using their swindling methods, the government would convince a bunch of people to fight the revolutionaries. In which case you aren't just killing in mobs for no reason, you are killing in the name of freedom against those who would wish to destroy it or those who are too blind and selfish to fight for it. There will be the revolutionaries who fight for true freedom and Constitutional government, and there will be those who fight to secure the old way of life, quite simply because they know nothing better.

Revolution, if done correctly and conformed - would be quite quick and quite successful. If done slow and sloppily, and the government is given time to put their propaganda machine into full swing - then a civil war will begin. That is why a brash, ill planned revolution is folly because ultimately, if civil war breaks out in the end - it will lead to anarchy either way. Things have changed a lot since the 1800's and if it starts, things will NEVER be the same.

A revolution to what, exactly? Serious question? What sweeping, radical, unvotable change are you looking to with this, Gwydion? And I hate to tell you, but most revolutions are the product of either the active use of force, or the obvious threat of force.

So do tell us. Exactly what are you hoping to come out of a Revolution? Or are you just one of the dozens of empty-headed blowhards who just likes saying "there oughtta be a revolution" and have no clue what you're talking about?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

than actually put in some work to bring about the change they think needs to take place.

Honing our bodies, endlessly preparing and training, coming up with plans, studying history with a fine tooth comb, and spreading the word for our cause it NOT doing work to you?

As opposed to what? Going to a voting booth once a year or in some people's cases, once every four years? You may have different "work" that you and others do, but I assure you - we are still putting in the "work" to change. The only difference is that we don't criticize you for YOUR work like you do for ours.

The choose dictatorship tactics over democratic tactics...all in the name of defending the constitution...LOL...the irony is too much.

You fight fire with fire. Peace does nothing to the barrel of a gun. If this government has no threat of the people of EVER standing up in the threat of violence, then we have nothing - let me repeat - NOTHING to hold back their control over us. They see us as cowards who will never stand but that is only true for some of us.

Well then Gwydion...do us all a favor and define what revolution is.

Allow the dictionary to give the answer - not I. The first definition will suffice.

rev-o-lu-tion
an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.

You obviously have an idea in your head that involves a violent revolution where you wouldn't be killing American citizens.

Once again - wrong. Revolution - yes EVEN VIOLENT REVOLUTION - can be accomplished without killing a single person. The revolution I had in mind pits armed citizens asking the government officials to step down and face trial. The only killing that would be done is that in self defense if they were to try to harm or kill one of us.

It really is a matter of ideals. Do you believe if a man comes into your home and tries to kill you or your family that you should be able to kill him justifiably? If you do believe this then you would understand my point of view. If not then you shouldn't even bother to try.

Whether or not violence erupts will be upon the hands of government officials in which they will make a choice - accept the word of the people or show their true colors openly, firing upon those who did not fire upon them. Either way - the revolution wins because they will either step down - or they will reveal themselves to EVERYONE for who they actually are: self subservient scum.

As I said, it will be if the revolution itself fails that a civil war would occur. Being and "American citizen" does not make you immune to the Constitution or our laws. Men have been killed for lesser things than treason in this country.

To summarize my belief - we hold all the power. I don't believe in firing the first shots, but you can best believe that if I am still standing I will fire back.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Exactly what are you hoping to come out of a Revolution?

What do I hope to come out of a revolution?

-Any federal laws created outside the bounds of Constitutional restriction will be repealed

-Reformation of laws on corporations as far as recognizing them as people

-Reformation of laws on lobbying and accepting bribes in Congress

-The restoration of the original 13th amendment IN ADDITION to the current one (I have to clarify this for some people)

-The call for a legal amendment to the Constitution - placing term limits upon senators and representatives

-Return the power of the 10th amendment back to the sovereign states of America

-To summarize - this country will be return to the Constitutional Republic as outlined in the Constitution of the United States of America, forthright and in literal translation

That is the change I aim to make with revolution. Anyone who is against such change, means that they are for the changes that took places that illegally moves us away from such a government. While some things the government has given us in terms of a better class of living, these things are all capable with limited federal government and power returning to the states - NOT at the cost of civil liberties and freedoms.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

In other words, you want a violent confrontation (and even without a shot fired, every revolution contains the threat of violence and is thus a violent confrontation) over what are, in reality, very simple problems easily rectified by votes...

The only trouble is, you don't think you can get enough votes to go your way, so you want to have your opinion and desires imposed on the rest of the nation by force.

I won't say I don't agree with you on certain points - corporate personhood and "lobbying" bug the hell out of me. But if you think a revolution is going to change this? heh. It was a revolution that created these problems. There was no constitutional utopia in 1776 (or in 1787, for that matter).

As for "not at the cost of civil liberties" - you are aware that the majority of "state's rights" claims, are claims where the state in question is trying to deny civil liberties, right?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Violent confrontation... yea... unavoidable.

The only trouble is, you don't think you can get enough votes to go your way, so you want to have your opinion and desires imposed on the rest of the nation by force.

Yes, crazy thought. I am trying to IMPOSE FREEDOM on everybody as opposed to the unending legislation and unconstitutional laws that are ALREADY imposed upon everybody.

You see the problem is - so many people are so used to having an opinion imposed upon them, that they don't realize when they are free without the imposition of somebody else's will.

I honestly get caught on people's logic over this matter simply because I have to question what they are THINKING. Going back to a Constitutional Republic would not LIMIT anyone freedoms or impose anything on anybody. In fact, they would be allowed to have their own beliefs, their own freedoms, their own lifestyles - and wouldn't have to worry about adhering to the SYSTEM that has been created by the corporate machine - where cookie cutter people and families are born and raised to be good little citizens who all act the same.

But if you think a revolution is going to change this? heh.

If you think votes are going to change this? Heh.

Why would the congressmen ever even consider something such as adding term limits to themselves? Why would they even consider making legislation against lobbying and bribes in Congress?

THEY WOULDN'T!

Which is WHY a revolution IS necessary because voting is never going to get them to do what is right over simply helping themselves.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

In other words, you want a violent confrontation (and even without a shot fired, every revolution contains the threat of violence and is thus a violent confrontation) over what are, in reality, very simple problems easily rectified by votes

Something you need to know about Gwydion...he has never voted...not once.

So asking him to solve things through voting is pointless...he claims he knows voting will never work...but he has never even attempted to try it himself. He has never exercised the right that people die for all over the world...to have a vote...he just wants to start shooting...or sorry...he just wants to force the government to start shooting so he can shoot back and say he didn't start it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It will most certainly be multi-coalitioned, with many factions literally battling for both recognition and dominance.

The death toll will be high. It will be even higher, from both a shear numeric and a percentage based perspective, than that of the first US civil war. Too many are sheeple, and those that aren't are generally getting prepared for the worst-case-scenario.

The stakes are too high, the people are too stupid and, when the sleeping giant once again awakens, there there will be a blood bath.

Our country is a ticking time-bomb.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join