It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada makes it 'perfectly clear' to US that troops will leave Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Canada makes it 'perfectly clear' to US that troops will leave Afghanistan

ca.news.yahoo.com

GATINEAU, Que. - Canada and the United States were locked in a diplomatic stalemate Monday night after U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked Canada to extend its military mission in Afghanistan.

"We've been clear on this. Let me repeat it once again. Canada's military mission will end in 2011," Cannon said late Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm glad we are being given at least one campaign promise...

Harper said 2 years ago Canadian troops will return in 2011. Last year he met with Obama and stated unless US has a planned withdrawal, [not a deadline], he would have them stay the course and withdrawal summer 2011.

If this goes accordingly, 90% of US combat troops in Iraq will also be returning home, as Obama promised... then maybe the Arab governments will create laws to push out the rest.

Good work!!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by CanadianDream420]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good for Canada
I am so happy for you guys
ur boys r coming home
now keep ur head down
til then

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I doubt it. These are the same promises that Obama made to the American people. I know that Canada is in this fight for as long as America is in it. This is the front, but behind the scenes it is most likely a different story. The same billionaires who own America own Canada.

That is why this is going to be broken hopes and promises.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hopefully this is a sign that our beautiful country wont play follow the completely cluster F*$@d leader any more

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"I will begin to remove our troops from Iraq immediately." - Barack Obama - Promise made during 2008 campaign speech

Putting faith in these puppet show promises would be like holding Kermit the Frog accountable as stage manager when the Muppet Show was canceled.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think Harper is particularly fond of Obama and his administration. Perhaps partly because Harper is conservative and Obama Liberal. It just seems he got along better with Bush.

I do hope Harper sticks to the plan in any case.

The US should just call it a day, and get out to. Nothing will ever be resolved over there until something major happens akin to an all out war across the entire middle east. Even then, I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Correct me, if Iam wrong..
But..
Be the troops US or Canadian..our military was created to DEFEND THE HOMELAND. PERIOD.
You don't do that by invading another country on the other side of the world.
You do it by staying at home and guarding your own borders.
Oh, right, but then you'd lose out on playing with all your army toys...
Why does simple logic elude so many...
Bring our boys and girls home..YES. And damn well keep them here.
Even one death, was one too many.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by AccessDenied]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Update!!

Clinton left a summit of Arctic coastal countries after criticizing Canada - the meeting's host - for not inviting all those with legitimate interests in the polar region.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Omg, on the News here in Norway about two weeks ago, they said that the Norwegian troops are to come home also, 'maby not this year', so , 2011 ???

Nations want theyr troops home in 2011, or need them home in 2011?
Didnt Obama say that the ameican troops are to go home in 2011, or was that 2012 ?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

OK, it's a little dated, but the Rickster is my hero!

You'll note though, that we will still have a 'training' presence there...and you can be sure that JTF2 will still be holding their little camp-outs.

This is just Steve politicking. Knob. (Steve, dude...not you)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Omg, on the News here in Norway about two weeks ago, they said that the Norwegian troops are to come home also, 'maby not this year', so , 2011 ???

Nations want theyr troops home in 2011, or need them home in 2011?
Didnt Obama say that the ameican troops are to go home in 2011, or was that 2012 ?

If you would don your tinfoil hats please... here is a conspiracy angle:

This guy thinks he might have figured out why troops would all leaving the ME around the same time, reason? the troops will be needed at home for the upcoming "planet X" / flooding & chaos.

If nothing else, the information he presents is articulate and interesting... and hopefully he's wrong. He relies on the "ancients" message.

Videos here:
LUCAS AT BRAVE NEW BOOKS – THE DESTROYER STAR AND THE FUTURE OF MANKIND

the-rabbits-hole.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The offensive on the last Taliban stronghold is slated for June.

If we are successful, the Canadians won't be needed anymore. Everyone will begin to draw down if the offensive is a success.

The war will be over.

new topics

top topics

join