It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flavor Tripping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Imagine if healty food tasted like it was covered in sugar. The all natural mberry claims it can do just that, by shutting off your sour tastebuds!

mberry's website
Edit to add: I heard about this on the radio, and it now appears their website in innundated with viewers, and is slowly working or not at all.

Check out this video

So what do you think? Is this the solution to getting everyone to eat healthier, or just another substance to be abused. I must admit, I am very curious about the effects.

Has anyone tried this stuff that can give a first hand description?

-E-

[edit on 30-3-2010 by MysterE]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The miracle berry is actually pretty sweet (lol). You can find reports of this all over the web. The actual berry itself has a very short shelf life and and lasts just a couple days after being harvested. I tried a version from ThinkGeek that came in pill form.

It takes effect pretty quickly. I tried lemons, limes, grapefruit, goat cheese, and Guiness. The lemons tasted like lemonade. Limes - I still can't describe it, but I ended up eating 2 or 3 limes in their entirety. The Grapefruit was ok. The goat cheese was reminiscent of cheese cake as it went down my throat. Guiness tasted almost like a chocolate malt. Oh, the salt and vinegar chips were pretty funny too.

Look at the stories of Miracle Fruit Parties. There are stories of people drinking hot sauce, vinegar, etc and tearing apart pantries to try anything with a hint of tartness.

They're a little pricey, but if you can get ahold of the pills (far cheaper than the fruit), it is an entirely worthwhile experience

Some information about the fruit itself: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Missed the par where you asked about making people east healthier and I did want to respond.

When you want to eat bad, do you think of candy, or of fast food type stuff? I know there are plenty of people who like cake (to generalize), but I really believe there is a larger issue with the savory foods.

To me, I don't think anything short of the fast food chains all closing down will get people to eat healthier. As cool as it actually is, the miracle berry is a novelty, and not much else. Heck, when I did it, my stomach hurt afterwards from too much acidity! Limes are good, but not so good for you in mass quantity!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeltAngel

To me, I don't think anything short of the fast food chains all closing down will get people to eat healthier.

Couldn't agree with you more, thanks for the post and first hand info.

While I have your attention, if you don't mind me asking. Did you did you expierence any side effects other then the taste bud effects, during and after.

-E-

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It was remarkably side effect free. I did want to rip apart my kitchen to find anything I could that was sour/ bitter, but I think that's normal.

I took one pill, and the effect started to fade after 20 minutes or so. My friend said hers lasted about 30. This will change for everyone depending on how much you eat/ drink. I had a lot of citrus and beer, so I assume that I washed it off quicker.

Potential after effects have always been question for me. It appears completely harmless with a single use, but what happens repeated use? There may be some data on it, but I have been unable to find it. The fruit originates in West Africa and there are tribes that consume the berry on a somewhat regular basis (so I guess it can't be too bad for you then?).

new topics

top topics

join