It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Iraq, The Mother of All Moves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

In Iraq, The Mother of All Moves

www.nytimes.com

During seven years of war, the U.S. military has shipped more than a million tons of equipment to Iraq, everything from tanks to toothpicks, and now the gigantic operation to pull it out again has begun.

For a start, more than 40,000 vehicles -- four, six and eight-wheelers -- have to be driven out of the country.

Moving all this hardware isn't cheap. The withdrawal is projected to cost more than $150 billion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

FIXED LINK:
www.cbsnews.com...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
War is hell, and makes lots of debt.

Leaving Iraq is a mess, no matter how you think about it. Who will clean DU:s what has been used, nature and cities which are ruined. Maybe million deaths, and land is devastated - who thinks that there is some victory achieved?

Iraq is forgotten war, in MSM media its in full blackout. Media is giving us picture, that war is over - just packing up the gears and go... But outside from MSM the truth is still difference and streets are far away from secured.

Where Iraq is heading in future... No one has that answer, but something is for sure - oil will stay in US/Zionist hands.

Maybe that is called victory?

EDIT:

BTW - I figured out mystery of those gerbile gages ordered... WMD:s! If there would be found, or even used WMD:s - I think use of animals for testing would be very effective way to monitor situation under fallout places... Just a though

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

War is hell, and makes lots of debt.

Leaving Iraq is a mess, no matter how you think about it. Who will clean DU:s what has been used, nature and cities which are ruined. Maybe million deaths, and land is devastated - who thinks that there is some victory achieved?

Iraq is forgotten war, in MSM media its in full blackout. Media is giving us picture, that war is over - just packing up the gears and go... But outside from MSM the truth is still difference and streets are far away from secured.

Where Iraq is heading in future... No one has that answer, but something is for sure - oil will stay in US/Zionist hands.

Maybe that is called victory?

EDIT:

BTW - I figured out mystery of those gerbile gages ordered... WMD:s! If there would be found, or even used WMD:s - I think use of animals for testing would be very effective way to monitor situation under fallout places... Just a though

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wonder if there will be a parade for the troops, American flags waving high, and that music playing in the background, hot cheerleaders cheering.. 1 and a 2 to the 3, kill the terrorists in their streets, goooooooooo US militaryyyyyy... Yaaaaay..

Sorry tax payers, the good always gets abused and pushed around.. Time to fight back these filthy rich leeches who are sucking all you wealth and rights away from you..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The pull out is simply a revamp I think because if we leave all together it becomes glaringly apparent that something is amiss.

If we completely pull out the question remains what did we do this for?

Why all the young brothers, fathers and sons/daughters/wives killed?

What for?

Oil?
WMD's? Flank in Iran? What for? Etc I have read about it and thought about it a lot and I am convinced it was oil and Iran as well as gaining more access to Saudi Arabia.

Oil is power. lol

The Economic meltdown will pale in comparison to oil shock. lol

Also is it that most Americans don't give a damn about anything besides who wins the Super Bowl and who won the Oscars...etc etc? Most American's have no clue who Biden is!

One good result of America losing so many jobs is the fact that they have less money for cable/sports/ and more time for serious thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think sales parade will be arranged, when all of this useless stuff gets back to states... With big "Army surplus For Sale!" signs planted all over the streets.

You know - "... Here we have first coming in todays parade four of these well served humwees with just minor IED damages, do we have any offers?"

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Wouldn't they sell it to Iraqi's instead lol, I mean that is always how they get their money back.. Iraq and Afghanistan will buy alot of those.. America has alot of puppets to sell second hand goods to.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
the price to leave Iraq: $150M
the value of having a child's daddy home: PRICELESS

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
the price to leave Iraq: $150M
the value of having a child's daddy home: PRICELESS

What about the Iraqi dadies? I think there were kids too, and girls, and moms, and grandpas.

They live in the desert anyways, who gives a doodles as$$. I'm with you on that one

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

- Yeah, I heard a rumor that some guy named Al Sadr is very interested from buying army surplus.

For real, these kind of huge operations should happen in very close independent monitoring. Big money is lost and wasted very easily, also material really can end up to bandits and militias - and all of those contractors there, doing what ever, with just greenbacks in their eyes.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You have linked to a wrong article. Here is the article in question:
www.cbsnews.com...

According to the Brookings Institute there are currently about 98.000 U.S. troops employed in Iraq (the maximum number of U.S. Troops employed in Iraq was 171.000). The last data about private contractors, who work in support for the troops I found was from 2007. In 2007 the number of private contractors was “more than 170.000”. $150 billion is the estimated total cost for the withdrawal. This makes about $153.000 per U.S. Soldier, or $56.000 per person employed in Iraq (soldiers + supporting contractors).

Here some more statistics about the cost of the war:

Spent & Approved War-Spending - About $900 billion of US taxpayers' funds spent or approved for spending through Sept 2010.

U.S. 2009 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $7.3 billion as of Oct 2009 U.S. 2008 Monthly Spending in Iraq - $12 billion U.S.

Spending per Second - $5,000 in 2008 (per Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on May 5, 2008)

Cost of deploying one U.S. soldier for one year in Iraq - $390,000 (Congressional Research Service)

Lost & Unaccounted for in Iraq - $9 billion of US taxpayers' money and $549.7 milion in spare parts shipped in 2004 to US contractors.

Also, per ABC News, 190,000 guns, including 110,000 AK-47 rifles.
Missing - $1 billion in tractor trailers, tank recovery vehicles, machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and other equipment and services provided to the Iraqi security forces. (Per CBS News on Dec 6, 2007.)

Mismanaged & Wasted in Iraq - $10 billion, per Feb 2007
Congressional hearings Halliburton Overcharges Classified by the Pentagon as Unreasonable and Unsupported - $1.4 billion

Amount paid to KBR, a former Halliburton division, to supply U.S. military in Iraq with food, fuel, housing and other items - $20 billion

Portion of the $20 billion paid to KBR that Pentagon auditors deem "questionable or supportable" - $3.2 billion

Number of major U.S. bases in Iraq - 75 (The Nation/New York Times)

usliberals.about.com...

Really well spent money. The realm is made insecure. Hundreds of thousands are killed. Whole areas are contaminated with the remains of DU-munition and the U.S. has lost a lot of trust and reputation.

Proclaiming their patriotism, the Neocon warmongers and their brainwashed supporters have driven the US to the knees. I no longer believe, that these blunders are a result of incompetence. I think Israel-firsters like Perle, Wolfowitz, Feith and others planned for a weakened and split Iraq all along. Otherwise asinine moves, like the disassemblement of the Iraqi government and military structure are hard to understand. Every general, who didn't try stop the crazy Neocons is also culpable. They valued their position higher than their country.

Here is a depressing, but very informative hour long lecture about post-war blunders in Iraq.
fora.tv...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No, Iraqi's don't all live in deserts, that is a big misconception. There are deserts in Iraq but there are much developed areas and beautiful areas if you head up north.

and I hope you were joking about who gives a doodles, please. Can't you see that these people have lost more sons and daughters then you can fathom?

Show come respect.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Yep - I didnt check it... Thanks!!! (and sorry)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wait a minute? They are bringing all of that back here? Now the militia's won't have a chance at all.

They needed more equipment for martial law, and of course they wouldn't have been allowed to spend hundreds of billions on it just to store "in case they went to war." Hmm... Let's make Americans think middle easterners are a threat so we can kill them while we build everything then once the American citizens get upset with us killing their foreign brothers, let's bring all this equipment home to use on them!

Kinda brilliant, though I believe there was a lot more to the war on terror than preparing for martial law.

new topics

top topics

join