It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Portland Cop hitting protester with bicycle. Is that legal?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
I'm just wondering, when the people step forward and exercise their right to abolish the Government, and institute a new one, will the current government fight back.

You bet your ass they will. That's why exercising our right will cost blood. Not because we are wrong, but we are right.

It is the government, that has it wrong. Unfortunately, all will pay dearly.

The government woefully underestimates it's enemy, the people the government is designed to serve.

They have forgotten how to serve, and expect to be serviced.

I don't mean to be offensive but how old are you? No the people do not have the right to overthrow the Government. It's called SEDITION. Maybe you aren't keeping up with current events but 9 people were just arrested for it. Just because Glenn Beck says the Constitution is being violated doesn't mean you have the right to try and dismantle the Government. There are more than a few flaws in Mr. Beck's qualifications as a Constitutional law judge.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The Empire is violent beyond any recognizable means. This is the only way it survives. Intimidation, and if necessary, brutal merciless violence.

Personally, I can't equate listening to cops with encouraging "Empire". If I'm doing a protest and a cop asks me to move, I'm going to move.

And authority? It also keeps the chronic arses at bay.

This has nothing to do with the details of the original video, it sparked the core debate of freedom vs slavery.

And the point is, what if you are protesting them bulldozing your home? Do you still have to move and let them tear your house down?

That's what it always comes down to in the end. Who owns Earth? Citizens or Governments?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The Empire is violent beyond any recognizable means. This is the only way it survives. Intimidation, and if necessary, brutal merciless violence.

Personally, I can't equate listening to cops with encouraging "Empire". If I'm doing a protest and a cop asks me to move, I'm going to move.

What part of "they were protesting against the cops authority" do you not understand?

Cops are out of control. Time to reign em in.

I don't think the clip showed what the protest was about...they were ordered to back up...looked like a line had been painted on the walk. Further, cops are what keeps the bad guys from winning...I mean the real bad guys.

You don't like your cops? Talk to the mayor.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

I don't mean to be offensive but how old are you? No the people do not have the right to overthrow the Government. It's called SEDITION. Maybe you aren't keeping up with current events but 9 people were just arrested for it. Just because Glenn Beck says the Constitution is being violated doesn't mean you have the right to try and dismantle the Government. There are more than a few flaws in Mr. Beck's qualifications as a Constitutional law judge.

No Sir you are Wrong.

When the Government does not follow the law, there is no reason for a citizen to bother trying to bend over and take it anymore.

When the Government acts like tyrants, it is now LEGAL to do ANYTHING you want. This is the LAW OF THE JUNGLE.

This is how reality is in the inner city Ghetto already anyway, maybe you should go there to find out (or dont! u may get shot)

You and your pieces of paper are laughable...will that piece of paper stop a bullet? Is it made of Kevlar??

You need to re-evaluate the harsh cold reality of life and death on Earth.

Bullets, not pieces of paper, are the final word of LAW.

And here is how it works. Whoever is left last alive, wins. And their opinion was now correct by "God's accordance". And they can write the History book anyway they please.

This is how it happens over and over through history. Open any history book randomly and see what you discover.

I can't believe the foundation of your argument is "How old are you"? That shows you have no grounds at all, and are grasping by attacking the messenger's maturity level.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I don't think the clip showed what the protest was about...they were ordered to back up...looked like a line had been painted on the walk. Further, cops are what keeps the bad guys from winning...I mean the real bad guys.

You don't like your cops? Talk to the mayor.

But what happens if the cops become the bad guys?

Who gonna save you then?

You really need to face this inevitable reality.

Reply?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Cops represent the government.

Why do you think the local cops didn't arrest the Christian Militia group?

Because the whole thing was designed to show that all cops are in bed together.

The cops are on one side, and the people that dare stand up against the government and exercise their rights put forward in the Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution,

they will get a nasty visit not only from local cops, but FBI, JTTF, SWAT, etc.

There must of been 2000 cops to arrest these 8 people, and with half the cops in the state there, one got away.

Notice that 8 were arrested, but 7 went to court. Where is the 8th. I was noticing that the militia radio was saying one of them went to the hospital, possibly from police brutality.

And the militia was saying that the cops showed up at a funeral. Then they make up a story and say the militia was going to attack a cop, and hit the funeral.

WTF. Do they think we are stupid? This is an obvious takeover by the government.

Those in the government, and those that support the government, will find it will get progressively worse to be a part of the government, knowing full well they are on the wrong side of Gods wrath.

A good time to get out is now.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Old enough to be a vet from Desert Storm. Where the government poisoned it's own soldiers through vaccinations and chemical weapons.

I haven't applied for the VA handouts to keep vets quiet, although I'm sure I would be approved.

Even with my constantly sore joints, and horrendous consistent heartburn, people talk nice to my face.

You should probably exercise some respect. As you have so obviously shown, you don't know me.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Those in the government, and those that support the government, will find it will get progressively worse to be a part of the government, knowing full well they are on the wrong side of Gods wrath.

I would gently suggest that not everybody has a hate-on for their government. I don't like the Government of Steve...but I'll exercise my vote. And if I don't like any of the candidates, I'll run, myself. Something these Keyboard Kommandos (with Action Avatars!!) never seem to consider. It's a whole lot easier to clean your gun and mutter.

A good time to get out is now.

Sure...where?...A hidey-hole in the back forty? Good luck with that. Easier than trying to affect change within the system.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The only way to get into the system, is to be part of the system.

I'll affect change by cracking the egg, from the outside. Once the shell is gone,
the inside is soft, and runny.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by dariousg

You obviously haven't read the thread. Come back when you watch the video that's in the link.

Then, tell me, why it's OK for cops to "corral" people with their weapons, sharp sprockets and painful pedals.

And you tell me, why, when a protester throws his bicycle at the cops, he is arrested for assault.

Again, I tell you, the citizen have the right to abolish the government.

Put yourselves on the side of the government, and you face abolishment.

You are obviously 100% biased so it is a moot argument. I watched the video. I broke down what I saw in that video.

You are making an argument based on something that appears to be false which is why I gave my description of what I saw. However, since you are not here to discuss the video that was posted in the OP but only to bash on cops I guess we are at an impass.

If you cannot understand what I wrote (as someone trying to remove themselves from both sides and seeing something different than the nasty picture being painted) then YOU are the one that needs to move onto another topic.

Because I gave a logical explanation and instead of coming up with your own points to counter mine you simply attack me.

As for the idiots that throw bikes at cops being arrested but when a cop does what was done in this video doesn't....well, we have come back to my description and your obvious lack of knowledge of the law.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

but I'll exercise my vote. And if I don't like any of the candidates, I'll run, myself. Something these Keyboard Kommandos (with Action Avatars!!) never seem to consider. It's a whole lot easier to clean your gun and mutter.

I am sure they have thought long and hard about voting and running for office, but the truth boils down to this.

Poor people cannot run for office. Why? Because you need tons of money to run for office.

And many of them are also "not eligible" to vote, for whatever reasons.

People who can afford to run for office never revolt, because they can afford to get their opinion heard and have the funds to effect political change.

So in reality, it is easier for a poor person to revolt (under 200$ expenses), than it would cost them to run for office (tens of thousands $ ++).

So basically its all determined by economics. It is the most cost effective choice between the two.

I am just trying to help you understand why.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to admit, it did look like the cop acted out of frustration more than out of self defense.

Sure, some of the protesters were getting a bit rowdy, but thats what a protest is right?

Speaking from experience, cops DO NOT like it when civilians criticize them, and since this whole protest was about cops over stepping... it seems it may have struck a raw nerve.

I can just picture those cops talking after the event. "Who the hell do those people think they are?! Exercising their rights....PHFESHH!! Protesting the COPS?! Dont they know we carry GUNS, TASERS, PEPPER SPRAY, BATTONS?! Maybe they need to be reminded of our authority!"

There ARE some really good cops out there who actually care about the people. Im sorry for you guys, its the A-holes like the ones in the video that make your job more dangerous, stirring up resentments among the people.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I for one, am fed up with cops who think they are all that, and if you don't obey, they can do whatever they want to make you comply.

Hey cops, you work for us! We pay your wages! Think about that the next time someone organizes peaceful protest against you.

SNIP

Peaceful protest huh?

No. This may have started out with those intentions, but didn't end up that way in many places.

Blocking streets, vandalizing, etc. is not a peaceful protest.

PPB has it's problems. No doubt.
In fact, having a reputation of "shoot first, ask questions later" is a major problem!

However, what went down last night, in many places, was the fault of the protesters, not the cops. Cops did have a job to do - protesters crossed the line in places and cops pushed back.

Realistic altercation.

Realistic outcome.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

The local cops didn't arrest them because it was a MULTI STATE FEDERAL OPERATION. Local police ASSISTED in the arrests but you don't just rush into arrests of that magnitude without due diligence in your work. You need to have evidence and so on.

I'm not saying that they had that evidence. Just saying that your arguments are based on assumptions and not on facts. On assumptions twisted in ways to make your argument sound legit when in face it is based on your simple opinions.

And no, the people do not have the authority to remove the government. They have the authority to replace it. Removal by any other means is a civil war. No one wins in those. However, I fear that it may be unavoidable.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
Someone should do something about these cops....

I think it's getting to that point. People are getting sick of the way the cops treat the average person.

And please...to those cops who will no doubt come here and say things like "It's a very stressfull job" or "I'd like to see you do this job". I'd like to say...."If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Removal by any other means is a civil war. No one wins in those. However, I fear that it may be unavoidable.

Sure. But we face a more pertinent issue.

See a lot of people feel like they already lost at life. Totally. They have nothing to lose, nothing to live for.

So they do not care if a war means they lose. They are only happy that the war means their oppressors lose.

These downtrodden lost peoples think they cannot lose. For they have already lost everything.

So the reckoning is approaching. It has become inevitable.

What shape will it take? And how will it happen? Who knows, we just gotta keep watching the news to find out how this all turns out.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by ^anubis^
Someone should do something about these cops....

I think it's getting to that point. People are getting sick of the way the cops treat the average person.

And please...to those cops who will no doubt come here and say things like "It's a very stressfull job" or "I'd like to see you do this job". I'd like to say...."If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Well said.

Look how the guy points the gun right in the protesters face at :48.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Another perspective from yesterday's protest - link

Several confrontations took place in front of the Justice Center and a man at the center of the shoving match was taken down by police, handcuffed, and taken into custody.

The crowd the man was a part of left a trail of vandalism across downtown, including a shattered glass door at the Bank of America on Southwest 5th Avenue.

For some protesters, the vandalism and violence were too much.

“Police need to be held accountable for the brutality that we’ve been seeing the last few years,” said Andrea Mead who dropped out of the demonstration after she said it turned bad.

“But this protest, the protesters themselves have taken this out of hand. I actually stayed back and I had to help clean up after them because they threw rocks at windows.”

Even though she quit marching because of the violence, Mead said these demonstrations and cat-and-mouse confrontations they spawn probably won’t stop.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Another perspective from yesterday's protest - link

[edit on 30-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

Yes, thanks for that link. It contained a youtube video, so I will embed it.

Watch at 2:11 where the cop takes his bike and tries to break the legs of the kid by the sidewalk.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Not defending the PPB here - but I'm also not going to defend protesters that turn to violence and vandalism... Have fun with that on your own...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join