It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC goes where no proton has gone before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Early this morning, the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland successfully ran a major, highly anticipated experiment, sustaining a 7 TeV particle beam [that is, 7 trillion electric volts] and colliding protons at three times the previous record energy level.

www.geekosystem.com...

CERN has reported that we didn't die or become consumed by an inescapable black hole:

The Large Hadron Collider physics programme will begin with collisions in the LHC experiments at 7 TeV (3.5 TeV per beam). The first attempt to collide protons at 7 TeV is scheduled for 30 March 2010. On the day of LHC First Physics, a media event will be held at CERN, and a live webcast will be available from 8:30 to 18:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time).

press.web.cern.ch...

Are you still there?

jw

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is somewhat dissapointing.

As I was about to be swallowed by the CERN black hole, I would have loved to have been typing my last words on ATS: I told you so! Oh cra"

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Just to set things up:

TeV are not elecro volt , TeV= electron volts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

This is somewhat dissapointing.

As I was about to be swallowed by the CERN black hole, I would have loved to have been typing my last words on ATS: I told you so! Oh cra"
Haha...I wouldn't take your eye off it yet...if anything does happen, it will be close to 2012 or not at all...I don't really think the LHC is anything to worry about though...if it really was that hazardous, I'm sure ET's would have warned the right people and the experiment wouldn't have gotten this far (yep, I'm a loony...gooblegobbledeegoop).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
they are messing with time itself, i knew they are doing something today, i had a weird thing happening

i'm a night person, so i go to sleep late, at 4 am, and usually wake up 11am -3pm

this "afternoon" i woke up, looked at my cellphone it read : 1:27pm, and i thought like ok i'll sleep for 20 more minutes

i don't know how much time i slept but then i woke up again it was 8:40am
talking about WEIRD, everytime they do that # like this happens to me

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
From what I understand, a micro black hole would not "instantly" swallow up the world. First it would eat a quark at a time which would not give it the force to eat matter until months after the initial feed. After about four months we would begin to see weird weather events, and a sort of glow in the upper atmosphere. The oceans too would have an eerie glow to them. This is when it is consuming tiny amounts of matter. Shortly after this, light would shine into the atmosphere at the mini-black hole's poles. Then would come a burst of radiation at which time all life on earth would be irradiated and die. Then the Earth would begin to collapse into itself (that's what it would appear to do) as it's matter is pulled into the singularity. After that it would quickly condense into the "hole" and cease to be the planet it once was.

Now they say the "Hawking radiation" would follow the creation of micro black holes so that there would not be the time for a micro black hole to feed on quarks. However, there is no such thing as Hawking radiation so it is then only a matter of time.

Now they knew micro black holes would form inside the LHC. So now we wait the three or four months to see how fast we all die.

Personally, I believe that God will prevent this from happening right away till the end is done with what is happening in the last days. But it does say in the Bible that the heaven (sky, atmosphere) and earth fled away from the face of God and there was no more place found for them. So it's not the if it will happen but only a matter of when. God says he will create a new heaven (sky) and earth because the old had passed away.

Isn't it interesting how science keeps confirming the Bible. Who would have ever thought that a black hole created by man could ever cause the Earth to literally not exist.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Fromabove]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is exciting stuff.
A collision like todays hasn't happened since the big bang.
I can't wait until full power.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It still is not ramped up to full power yet... 14 TeV..... There is still time for a black hole lol..

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You mean no one noticed? The universe flipped insode out and shrunk half it's size. Of course it's hard to notice at the speed we are moving and with nothing relative to gauge the size shift against.

Science keeps proving the Bible? hehe I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

there is no such thing as Hawking radiation

That is a pretty strong declarative statement. Any proof of this?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Originally posted by Fromabove

However, there is no such thing as Hawking radiation so it is then only a matter of time.

Isn't it interesting how science keeps confirming the Bible. Who would have ever thought that a black hole created by man could ever cause the Earth to literally not exist.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Fromabove]

Where in the bible does it state that? You show me work proving hawking radiation wrong and I will stand corrected.

Science does not confirm religion at all. Religion was created to make humans feel as if they were here for a reason, as there wasn't much reason for existence in the earlier times and also it was a both lazy and sad excuse for answers to questions like how did we get here.

Science came along and gave life a whole new set of purposes and not just one purpose. It also gave the proper, more detailed, answers to the questions involving how and why we are here.

I think it's pretty ignorant of you to take one of the most respected physicist's on the planets theory and simply say they don't exist without a good explanation outside of religion is right.

Religion is ignorance.

LHC at 14 TeV will be epic. If it wipes us out, at least it was cooler than nuclear war.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by seangkt]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This experiment isn't the one that would create a black hole.

So your version of Nah-Nah-Nan-a-boo-boo falls really flat.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!

I think they're looking for events involving the beauty quark.

Here's a link to the ATLAS events display:

EVENT DISPLAY

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know I was late getting home today and had trouble finding if someone posted this or not. Phew, I am happy to see that other people keep up to this stuff like I do.

S&F from me buddy.

This is the era of new science. We will discover things in these collisions that we never even could have dreamed of. The higgs is going to be big if discovered because it proves the existance of the higgs ocean. Good explaination of that here. The higgs ocean is basically (not really, but sort of) the elusive ether that was once purposed.

I cannot wait to see these results to be interpreted by scientists from around the world. I am so excited and this is only half of the power that we will eventually get.

Thanks for posting and providing a great discussion thread. I hope the other physicists get their butts in here and we can talk about this a bit.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread556664/pg1#pid8455403]post by jdub297[/

mosquito bite i terabite
not much ti worry about

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
You mean no one noticed? The universe flipped insode out and shrunk half it's size. Of course it's hard to notice at the speed we are moving and with nothing relative to gauge the size shift against.

You obviously don't remember but somehow I have retained my memory before it happened. Right as it was about to be used for the first time we lived in a peaceful existence. The wars never existed and there was no such thing as credit. Everyone was an agnostic and generally fared well with one another. Pot had never been illegal and turns out big pharma never existed. We all could take a trip to the closest solar system as we were doing so well scientifically. Disclosure had happened several hundred years ago and you could run Crysis on your home computer at 50fps on an intel integrated graphics chipset. Then they fired up the damned thing and I find myself in this craphole with my memory fading of yesterdays events and the only thing to look forward to is new 3d technology which continues to be a scam 50 years after its birth. You can blame science for the dimensional shift we just experienced.

top topics

join