It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The English Defence League Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Who are the EDL?

We, the English Defence League, are a grass roots social movement who represent every walk of life, every race, every creed and every colour; from the working class to middle England. Our unity and diversity is our strength.

All Races and Religions are Welcome in the EDL

www.englishdefenceleague.org...

When did this all happen?

The EDL was formed on the 27th of June, 2009 due to frustration at the lack of any significant action by the British Government against extremist Muslim preachers and organisations such as Islam4UK, Hizb ut Tahrir, the Islamic Forum of Europe, the Muslim Council of Britain - the list goes on.

In a matter of months the EDL has grown from as little as 200 members to over 15000 members.

-------------------------------------------

Are the EDL racist? Nazis?

The EDL are wrongly painted as racists, Nazis and Muslim-haters. This simply isn’t true. We do know that some groups have tried to cause trouble, and that some “agent provocateurs” have instigated trouble, groups such as Combat 18, Blood And Honour, Antifa, UAF, their Communist sympathisers and anarchists. As a movement we have been attacked by the far left and the far right, we have had to endure a state sponsored smear campaign used against us from the onset by the state controlled political elite media machine. Apparently we are Nazis because we love our country, because we have the backbone to stand firm in the face of Islamic adversity rather than ignore it, hoping it will go away.

---------------------------

Unite Against Facism or Unite Against Freedom?

The UAF have been on the backs of the EDL since day one.

They try to cause trouble at every rally: This is what happened last time

Weyman Bennett, the UAF joint secretary who organised the protest, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder, police said.

There was a total of 67 arrests, 55 of which were UAF supporters and the remaining 12 EDL, police said.

Judging by these figures who are the real violent thugs?

------

The UAf are communists.
To every rally they bring along there red flags with the soviet symbol in the corner.

You can briefly see the flags in this video along with some getting arrested.

And even more visible is the Soviet flag right at the beggining of this video of a rally in London when the EDL came to support Geert Wilders.

The EDL in Bolton, a crowd of supports waving: American Flags, Union Jacks, and the English flags

--------------

Your opinions will be much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have no problem with the EDL so long as they moderate themselves and don't allow in radical factions. That's when the EDL become as much of a problem to society as the types of people they protest against.

It's no secret that radical Islam is infiltrating western nations - and to expect people to sit down, shut up and feign indifference as their nations fragment it is ridiculous!

You have to fight for what you love. The difference is that when people of color do it, it's called cultural rights. When white people do it, it's called racism, nazism and white supremacy. I find this trend disturbing as it gives one a sense that there's a consensus that white people have no culture worth defending.

IRM

[edit on 30/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree, people tend to believe the whites are always the aggressors.

We in England have a ancient and wonderfull culture, and it is heart breaking to see it being torn down by extremists.

I think many muslims in England are wonderfull, the other day i was walking to the shops and there was a muslim lady and a old white english women, they were having a good old natter over the front garden wall, i love seeing things like this.

Its when they seclude themselves in parts of cities, where everyone on the street is a muslim and they dont take kindly to non muslims walking down there "patch"

This is what we must stop.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Do you think the EDL will stop extremist Islam or just stoke it up? I can understand your grievances, I just don't believe the EDL are the answer and will do more harm than good. This is just my opinion, which you already know.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My brother is going to the march in Dudley over the weekend, and I can assure you that he is one of the biggest bigots in the EDL and is only going for a ding dong.... Has not shut up about it

top topics

join