It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feline curiosities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thesillygirl

I have a cat with lung cancer and I asked the vet how will I know when it is time for me to have her put to sleep, the vet said when she stops eating. So as long as your kitty is still eating and drinking no matter how old she is she seems like she may still be fine. It seems like she still wants to be here. You might talk to the the vet about some pain meds for her arthrithis.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

13 cats!

Wow, you are one up on us!

Here's another strange cat story:
One of the cats we rescued as a stray and was also pregnant and was the source of most of our cats.

Anyway, this cat one day started writhing around on the floor and then tried to walk and did so in a drunken manner. It scared us, we did not know if it was a seizure or what.
The first and only time she did this.

That same time we found out that my girlfriends mother took a COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) spell.
The first time and only serious episode that she had.

Yes, that was strange.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Toadmund]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thank you for a nice post...purrs
I have all ways had a cat or dog in my life. they are my brother or sister. love them so much. maybe thats why I dont get on well with humans? had a cat, dog and rabbit one time. the cat chaste the dog and the rabbit chaste them both. hehe. when I was ten. I was in bed. school the next day. I was woke up by my cat, purring and meowing and rubbing her head on me. when I went to stroke her she ran to the door. and gave me a Look! so I followed her. under the stairs in a box we had put their for her. she had a litter of kittens. we knew she was pregnant. I all ways feel good when I remember this. she had to have me go see her babies. we had cats from her family for 4 generations.

cats dont own us. we treat them like babies and they just play along.

cats and dogs can understand words. only some one who loves animals can tell. if some one put as much effort in to teaching a cat, as they teach a baby. you would be shock't. no one ever would. cats are getting more intelligent as time goes on. but they will never tell us how intelligent. or we would make them do all the work.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by buddha]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I had actually forgotten about this thread but I experienced a feline curiosity just the other day and made a thread about it, i think perhaps I made it too long because I only got one reply but it was very unusual and involved a cool cat.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I got my old cat from a cat rescue centre as a kitten in poor health, he was malnourished and had the feline equilivent of Rickets which had left his hind legs twisted outwards at 45 degrees. He was half Burmese and consequently very talkative!

When he was a few months old he was choking on something. I initially assumed it was a furball, but when his eyes rolled back I got worried and realised he couldn't breath. I tried a variation of the Holger Nielsen method, but when that didn't work I held him up by his hind legs and let him drop a bit before jerking him up again (not too roughly!!!). This worked and from that moment we had a special bond, he'd follow me around and was very much 'my' cat... Or, I was 'his' depending on your point of view!

Anyway, from that moment on, if ever I was feeling a bit down or unhappy, he knew! He'd come and sit on my lap and nuzzle my face and wouldn't leave me alone until my mood improved - I'm convinced he was trying to cheer me up! He died a couple of years ago aged 18, which isn't bad for a cat, particularly one that had such a poor start in life.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Aaaw.. thats lovely.. i am sorry to hear of your loss though, but none the less had a full and happy life with someone that truly cared for her.. thats what matters the most i think
Cats are amazingly sensitive beings.. and with a bond like you mentioned, it was probably really easily detected.. My old cat who lived until 15, was all grey and part Siamese.. gorgeous, and yup very chatty lol.. when he was quite young, i was 12 or 13 and had come down with a really severe case of chicken pox, and was pretty much bed ridden for 2 weeks, he never left my side other than to go out to do his business and eat.. otherwise he was with me..no one could convince me that cats arent sensitive, and that they dont feel emotion, its soo evident that they do..
thank you for sharing this..its been really lovely to get to read all the stories here about beloved felines.. they really do, indeed touch our lives dramatically.. in a good way of course!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

About 2 years ago my ex girlfriend and i were getting a cat , when we got to the place there was 3 kittens 2 from the same litter and one from another , there was a wee girl who was the classic cute black and white her brother a wee fuzz ball and the other was a few weeks older but his mother had cat flu and the wee bugger couldnt stop shaking due to a problem with his brain. being the soppy bastard i am i came home with all three , after going to the vets they told me that he might get better but couldnt make any promises. affectionatly i called him twitch and for the next 2 months i cared for him , helped him use his litter tray and stand up to eat . and protected him when the others tried to take a swing . a few times when he got hit i even carried the other kittens to him to let him get his own back (i know its wrong ) every morning when i got up he would climb up onto my lap while i had the morning j and played playstation before work and the same when i got back . a month and a half later his fits were getting so bad i had to take him to the vet again to have him put to sleep , when he got to the vet i knew that he just wanted some peace and they gave me a few minutes alone. I told him i loved him and would see him again one day . then they gave him the injection and he looked at me till his eyes shut. and as he relaxed i knew i did the right thing. ill never forget the wee guy and know hes still watching out for me . and his brother and sister who take up most of my time these days , the buggers that they are . not sure how this applies to your thread but while everyone was sharing i just thought add my story of wee twitch . thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
I had actually forgotten about this thread but I experienced a feline curiosity just the other day and made a thread about it, i think perhaps I made it too long because I only got one reply but it was very unusual and involved a cool cat.

I found your story and was quite amazed at your experience! Have you seen this cat again since that night?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

Originally posted by Arkady

I found your story and was quite amazed at your experience! Have you seen this cat again since that night?

I haven't seen the cat since.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What a nice thread with some great post's S&F. I find it fascinating that we domesticated dogs but cats domesticated themselves.
I have always animal’s horses, rat’s rabbits and dogs, in fact I would have considered myself a dog person until me and my boyfriend got our house together.
My boyfriend works night shift a lot, so when I was in by myself it was rather lonely. We didn’t have the space or time for a dog so decided to get a cat.

We got Tyler from a pet shop as a kitten, she is Scottish tortoiseshell in colour and suspect that she has Siamese in her as she's very, very chatty and a wedge like shaped face.
I've never met an animal like Tyler smart doesn’t even begin to do her justice and she loves to talk, gets what I’m saying and I can vice versa, she follows me everywhere!

When it came to us going to bed at night she would constantly shout for us to wake up, including shouting in my ear, so we decided to get her a companion to keep her entertained night. We got Rogan a gorgeous golden tabby colour, she's a British shorthair. Rogan was very quiet and less energetic than Tyler, preferring to sleep, under quilts.

We ended moving back into my mums for a while and ended having 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits and 4 rats living together. It actually went well the cats left the rats alone, terrorised 1 of the dogs and loved the rabbits. After about 6 months Tyler started growing distant from me, ignoring me, urinating on clean clothes and generally displaying bad behaviour. we eventually moved back into our own house and where planning on taking both cats but my mum had become really attached to both of them so we let her keep Rogan (as long as they didn’t pine for each other).
Tyler has never been better, she seems to prefer being alone (Queen of the house) doesn’t miss Rogan and Rogan doesn’t miss her and all the bad behaviour has stopped.

Ok that’s a bit of background, now I definitely believe cats are extra sensory, spiritual, psychic etc.
I believe this because of the experiences I’ve had.
There are loads of instances where Tyler will stare, stalk or shout at something...freshair
but the thing that proves it without a doubt to me is I can c all Tyler’s name in my head and she will come running or look at me (I only discovered this a few weeks ago), I told my mum this so she thought she'd try it thinking I was being silly and Tyler came running or turned to look.
As I’m writing this post every time I think of her appearance, name and memory’s she’s coming up talking to me as if she knows I’m talking/typing about her.
The second thing is a bit hard to explain. I love music and love singing and Tyler loves singing but she only loves and shows interest when you sing with emotion. like if it’s a happy song and I’m singing it and its making me feel really happy or if I’m singing a sad song that really moves me she comes running over meowing and shouting and wants to be right in my face or sits on and taps me on the face.

not so much related to the psychic sense but another point I’d like to make is that whatever has my attention like a book, laptop, TV etc. she has to sit right in front of it (or on it if it’s a book) so that she becomes my focal point.

i'd put up pics but not sure how to post them in threads yet

edit on 4-8-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
My mother raised Siamese, supposedly for a little extra money, though it was odd how she didn't sell very many of 'em...

Anyway, she had a particular, and peculiar, blue point Siamese tomcat named Blue. He was a perpetual motion machine in cat form...constantly patrolling, and chatting as only a Siamese can. He'd jump up and walk across her shoulders, jump down and continue on. Me, he tolerated, no one else really mattered to him. Just mom...his person. He'd sleep draped across her shoulders...when Mom got sick, he wouldn't leave her except to eat and use the litter box, then he was back with her.

When mom died from cancer Blue was broken hearted. He'd wander the house calling, and calling, and calling...one morning he jumped up onto Mom's chair at the dining room table, curled up, and an hour or so later he was dead... No one will ever convince me that he didn't die of a broken heart. It was heart breaking to watch, with absolutely nothing I could do to help.

When whatever come after this life comes, and I meet up with my Mom, again, Blue will be there, too... Draped across her shoulders, and chatting.

Cats are wonderful people.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

I love my cat!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

It applies.

Pets, whether cats or another critter, come to mean so much to us... We come to mean a lot to them, as well. There is a synergy, I guess you'd call it... Sharing of, if it's not too metaphysical, souls.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't the time to read the whole thread, but I wanted to share this...

On one of the Art Bell shows from long ago, his guest was an Indian medicine man, a shaman, who was actually on the show to discuss "The Shadow People". At one point, he discusses cats. I've always been a dog person, but I do like cats though.

The stuff he said about cats was very, very trippy! Here's the link, fast forward to about 44:20 for the cat discussion.

Apparently, cats have a super fast metabolism. Art said something like his vet even told him cats were magical.
That show gave me a new found appreciation for cats.

edit on 8-8-2012 by ColeYounger because: Additional comment added.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We put out food and water for the feral cats here in Arizona because it is such a hot and unfriendly place for cats. I leave the garage door open at the bottom so they can come in out of the sun. Over the years 12 of them have come inside to live with us, but most of them never lose their "feralness" and will not allow you to pick them up and hold them. I used to sleep on the floor in our family room with the slider door open to the patio and I would keep a bowl of cat food next to me so cats had to come in to eat the food. One Maine Coon who was very young came in one time and jumped into my bed leaving a Palmetto Beetle in the middle of my bed and then ran out the door laughing to himself. Eventually he decided to stay and we named him Big Head. Sometimes cats would come to us who had been poisoned with antifreeze and who were in the last minutes of life on this planet. I would try to comfort and pet them and reassure them that they were indeed good cats before they passed away. One time I was sitting in the front and watched a coyote jump over our fence from the backyard and start walking away with one of the cats in his mouth. I chased him down and made him drop the cat which I took home, but he was already dead. I have noticed that after I enjoy a healthy meal of my favorite gourmet mushrooms, that the cats want to be around me more and will want to be petted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join