It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members need confirmation of credidation.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh i think life experience, the school of Hard Knocks, has merit.

Everyone here knows something they can contribute to. I dont care if they dropped out in 3rd grade, or if they are a Nuclear Physicist (btw, my uncle is one and he cant hold a conversation :duh
So i think the way it is is just fine.

Its bad enough that people dont listen to what some say, shall we say, they comment something and are enclosed in "the box" because they refuse to listen no matter what your knowledge of that subject is. Express yourself the best way you can, and if the message is coherent and has merit, you just might be listened to.

What would an EX-airline stewardess/waitress/telephone operator/supervisor know, anyway......

Ahhh..you'd be surprised!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
˙suǝılɐ ɹo 'ʇooɟƃıq ɹo 'ɯsıɹǝɥʇnɹʇ ƖƖ6 ɹoɟ ǝuo ʇǝƃ oʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop

˙ʇı ʇnoqɐ ƃuıɥʇ uɹɐp ɐ ʍouʞ I uɐǝɯ ʇ,usǝop
˙00˙008$ ɹoɟ ʎƃoloɥɔʎsdɐɹɐd uı pHԀ ɐ ʎnq uɐɔ I

The name of the board is *above* top secret, and our threads seriously explore conspiracy angles for events like 911 where the "experts with credentials" are just as likely to be disinfo agents.

Looking back through a posters history can tell you a lot about their reliability as a trusted information source. Find topics that you understand well and see if their rhetorical argument works for you. Can you tell when they are trolling for an emotional response VS when they are seriously conveying information?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81

The name of the board is *above* top secret, and our threads seriously explore conspiracy angles for events like 911 where the "experts with credentials" are just as likely to be disinfo agents.

I never thought that 9/11 was considered a high priority. There are far more theories that would dwarf issues like 9/11 on an every day impact revolving life style. Then again, that's how successful it has been.

Get the point. ?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

well.. guess I over reacted then, just hate seeing new members come on here post something and then get slammed because the member comes back later than they expected.

but.. yea..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Not sure if you are aware, but there have been instances in the past here where huge claims were made, and credentials were checked out.

But that would be a huge task for anyone to do..especially since staff VOLUNTEER their time, and as was pointed out..that is an invasion of someones privacy.

Also..you could have a dozen degrees, and a hundred letters after your name...but still be a compulsive liar and attention seeker.
One cannot judge by credentials alone..

Hi AC,

no, I wasn't aware of this, a link to the post would be GREAT!
but, if not understandable.

Not sure if you are aware, but there have been instances in the past here where huge claims were made, and credentials were checked out

and...what were the results ??

But that would be a huge task for anyone to do..especially since staff VOLUNTEER their time, and as was pointed out..that is an invasion of someones privacy.

yes, perhaps, but, in streamlining the process with today's latest encyption technology and such, it wouldn't be that difficult...i wouldn't think ..and, i'm not talking about making it MANDATORY, it's on a volunteer basis to submit your creds if you so desire, so you ONLY sub what you want the STAFF to know, and get your name posted like the example in my OP.

However, I can see the FLOOD creds incoming...have to think about that for a few.

One cannot judge by credentials alone..

and I wholeheartedly agree with you here...since someone said .. "no new taxes".. think it was daddy bush ..
oh and obama.. didn't he only spend 1 year or less in the house or senete b4 his stardom to kingship?
anyways..

but, if Telsa, Enistein...to name a few, were only listened to without knowing their creds... would their words really have weight today...?

I'm saying there needs to be a near perfect balance in both what's being said & CHARACTERICS................if that's not confusing LOL..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
there should be a censure button as well. so those of us with higher degrees can mute others from contributing to discussions that are well over their head. Many people here do research through google or word of mouth. Its time we place controls so we can have civil discourse among the community.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My credientials:

I can chew through a spreadsheet like nobody's business (very adept with excel).

i can run a hotel to a degree of "so-so"

i can run a call center expertly.

i am 6th prestige, level 44 on MW2

Does any of this help?

I would say that my greatest asset is that i am smart enough to not get suckered, civil enough to not be hated, and well read enough to at least contribute, even if only in a supportive role.

This site is about "bucking the system". I don't give a rats butt how many degrees you have....i have managed PhD's before. What i care about is your mind, not your education.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join