It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members need confirmation of credidation.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Understand the point the OP is making, but completely disagree with it.

The solution, is simple. Read the post. Decide for one's self if the information presented is something that you want to follow up with, than go do one's own research given the info. and leads presented.

Verifying credentials is a non-issue and not relevant.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well just pay attention to what is being said. I would not disclose much information about myself online. Lets take a look at our conspiracy experts what are their credentials? Yeah they do not have any. Just keep in mind you could be a janitor at NASA and claim you work for NASA and twist to make it sound like you run the place.
There is a guy that sits in the parkinglot all day at the Pentagon he could tell people he works there with the CIA.
Even a PHD in biology and physics would not make your opinion on UFOs any more valid than the next guy's.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
whatukno: Pompous Ass, Loudmouth, Blow-hard.

How are my credentials?

I have some sort of a certification for forestry wildlife and natural resources. However, it's been so long since I have used said certification, it doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
˙suǝılɐ ɹo 'ʇooɟƃıq ɹo 'ɯsıɹǝɥʇnɹʇ ƖƖ6 ɹoɟ ǝuo ʇǝƃ oʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop

˙ʇı ʇnoqɐ ƃuıɥʇ uɹɐp ɐ ʍouʞ I uɐǝɯ ʇ,usǝop
˙00˙008$ ɹoɟ ʎƃoloɥɔʎsdɐɹɐd uı pHԀ ɐ ʎnq uɐɔ I

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My previous post was deleted, so let me try again as I feel my post was relevant: who is Phage, and why is he so revered? Why is he any more qualified than any other poster?

I see the point of the OP, but people should be able to judge for themselves a poster's credibility. And what one person thinks credible, teh next may consider total bunk.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
[My credentials, Alive, a life. Ability to see hear and read.

other than that, its just the jounery, that is important.]

Now on another note, it would be very difficult to credential the credentials.

Who's going to put up that amount of cash????

seriously that is one huge task!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Just a suggestion: Pay more attention to WHAT is being said and less to WHO is saying it.

There's no university degree that prevents someone from lying, and no high-school dropout that can't offer a bit of truth that might do us all some good.

Content is what's important. Who is offering it is not... unless you decide which letters to open depending on what your mail carrier looks like

I agree.

Treat all sources equally and analyze the evidence objectively.

Relying on a source to credit or discredit any point is for someone that is unable to use concrete evidence or logical thinking.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I happen to have expertise in law. (Or so I have claimed in numerous posts.) For all you know, I could be the world's greatest lawyer, some wanna-be who never set foot in a law school and never cracked open a law book, or something in between. Either way, you should not take any sort of advice from myself or anybody else you come across in a message board who claims to have expertise in an area. (By the way, I do not give legal advice over the internet....I want a retainer first.
)

I try and use my expertise in the law to shine light into certain debates and give people the legal profession's perspective (however warped if often is!) on particular issues. I try and corroborate my opinions by either directing people to external links or giving information like the names of cases so they can do a little independent research of their own. That way, even if I am a crackpot, the information I convey can at least be credible.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

[sarcasm]

You mean, like, sort of like Internet Control? But more focused? More specifically censored?

So nobody ever has to think for themselves? Because that's too hard? And it's so much better to follow the experts?

[/sarcasm]

I like ATS because it's dedicated to all of us learning from each other - sharing information, evaluating, discussing, debating.

The whole process is short circuited when anyone pulls rank. Especially when they do it without references, on their "credentials" alone.

The MSM is chock full of "experts" -
and nearly every single one of them is for sale to the highest bidder.

- soficrow

ed for clarity

[edit on 2-4-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Do you really expect a list of validated credentials to make the idea of reptillian aliens in the White House more believable? If I had 14 degrees in geology, would that really prove that New Zealand has moved signiicantly in the last 200 years?

Although I respect many of the opinions expressed here, the truth is that this is a conspiracy message board to express and debate alternative views and nothing more...

... we don't need to take ourselves too seriously here. If you do, you may need to get a life.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well.. as I predicted.. another member frustrated at the postings of being flamed to death b4 he even has any chance of explaining....

Hope you come back 'John'....regardless of the trolls..

and the trolls win again!!!!

Well, I guess some can understand my OP, and yes.. anyone can buy a million copies of millions of degree's online.. DUH !!!! wow.. like we all didn't already know that..

So, I guess we don't REALLY want to know the truth or 'they' don't want us to KNOW the truth .. because in the end.. the Truth will set us free...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
well.. as I predicted.. another member frustrated at the postings of being flamed to death b4 he even has any chance of explaining....

Hope you come back 'John'....regardless of the trolls..

and the trolls win again!!!!

Well, I guess some can understand my OP, and yes.. anyone can buy a million copies of millions of degree's online.. DUH !!!! wow.. like we all didn't already know that..

So, I guess we don't REALLY want to know the truth or 'they' don't want us to KNOW the truth .. because in the end.. the Truth will set us free...

For once i have to disagree strongly with you. The "trolls" didn't win, people voiced their opinions, and from what I could read it never got out of line and never got uncivil and unless you're saying that people don't have the right to voice their dissension without being called a troll? Or am I missing something.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Not sure if you are aware, but there have been instances in the past here where huge claims were made, and credentials were checked out.
But that would be a huge task for anyone to do..especially since staff VOLUNTEER their time, and as was pointed out..that is an invasion of someones privacy.
Also..you could have a dozen degrees, and a hundred letters after your name...
but still be a compulsive liar and attention seeker.
One cannot judge by credentials alone..

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I for one would never, ever let anyone know what I do for a living so I can understand why this would be a bad idea.

Like what was said earlier, It doesn't matter what peoples credentials are, it's what people say that matters.

I don't know why anyone would care to know what credentials someone had anyway. If someone says they worked at a top secret facility or had a Degree in Nuclear Physics you'd soon know if they weren't exactly telling the truth.

Saying what you do and waht you've got could be a way for someone to find out who you actually are as well. Or get a good idea, of who you might be.

In reality, I don't see why it matters.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just as anyone here can claim something to be factual, so can they claim false credentials. The way to truth is through their source material. That is one thing that is, seriously, lacking in a lot of threads, now. If there are no sources provided, for "catergorical" information, I tend to move on.

Opinion pieces are just that. For all others, remember one word:

corroboration: confirmation that some fact or statement is true through the use of documentary evidence
www.google.com...:corroboration&ei=Lae4S5nQBIz-8wThgsjqAw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=ti tle&ved=0CAYQkAE

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So, I guess we don't REALLY want to know the truth or 'they' don't want us to KNOW the truth ..

You think credentials guarantee truth?!?

ATS is committed to people researching, discovering and determining for themselves what the truth is. You need to check the sources - the information, not just the credentials - and read a lot. ...It takes time, effort and attention.

If you want to take the easy way out - to be TOLD what's true and what to think, there are plenty of "experts" all over the Net willing to lead you and herd you along. I just hope ATS never becomes that kind of site.

... in the end.. the Truth will set us free...

Yes, it will. And truth is something everyone needs to find and determine for themselves. There's no Rosetta Stone, no magic pill, no ultimate expert.

As I said earlier - The MSM is chock full of "experts" - and most of them are for sale to the highest bidder. ....ATS is the place to share information, evaluate it's validity - and find the truth. For yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Maybe already said, but:

BOB LAZAR HAS A PhD !!

(he really does)

Vouched for by ATS Chakotay !

Guaranteed Legit

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
But at the end of the day you have to remember what ATS actually is, an internet message board.

Very true and very well said! Thank you...

'Grain of salt'

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Board Owner, CEO & all Mods...

Since I've been a member, as we all know, there have been countless people which claim to have 'credentials' of working at so-and-so or having a degree in XYZ; IMO, this is wreaking havoc with the members since there's no way to actually confirm they are who they say they are.

....and you are ?

Second line is purely out of respect to the administrators/ceo's of this site.

My point and question is sufficient enough to warrant a response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join