It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Total Collapse: Unavoidable...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It cannot be stopped. It's already too late. Or is it? Hundreds of trillions of dollars of debt and deficit would scream fo sho. It can be slowed, but in doing so promises an even worse fall out when it comes.

usdebtclock.org...

$12.6+ trillion in 'official' national debt
31+ million on food stamps
Total US debt: $55 TRILLION
Trade Deficit YTD: $122 Billion
Federal Budjet Deficit YTD: $320 Billion
Derivites Bubble:$ 647+ TRILLION
Total Personal Debt: $16.6+ TRILLION
Savings per citizen: $1,550
Income Per Family: $15,553
Total Debt Per Family: $690,710
Interest on Debt YTD: $1,348 Per Citizen
Baby Boomer Liability Per Citizen: $349,687
Baby Boomer Entitlement Total: 108 TRILLION

...and so on...

Hey, as long as its cool for now... nevermind how absurdly worse it will be when the ineivatble comes. I guess everyone would rather gamble on feel good yummy stuff now, just so long as we don't have to deal with reality now. Cancer just goes away if you ignore it, you know?

The 'funny' thing is banks normally spot when people are at bankruptcy, yet the privately owned Federal Reserve banking system allows the total collapse of "America" to build. Normally when people are bankrupt the banks do a total cutoff, but I suppose they wouldnt unless they had a motive behind you never having any chance whatsoever to have any chance whatsoever to rebound (be able to pay them in particular) from the scenario they created...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If it comes down to it, it comes down to the fact that it is mostly just paper. Poof, the paper becomes as meaningless as it's always been. Maybe then we'll value something more tangible and constructive.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The 'funny' thing is banks normally spot when people are at bankruptcy, yet the privately owned Federal Reserve banking system allows the total collapse of "America" to build. Normally when people are bankrupt the banks do a total cutoff, but I suppose they wouldnt unless they had a motive behind you never having any chance whatsoever to have any chance whatsoever to rebound (be able to pay them in particular) from the scenario they created...

The difference is the average Joe can't print money to pay his debts, it's called counterfieting.

Banks CAN print money to pay their debts and call it "stimulus".

You are right, it's all about to collapse cause it's all just a huge ponzi scheme......

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well if it does collapse, be safe in knowing that the corporatist elite would have, by then, covered their own asses and invested in your doom.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Every society all through history has collasped why would ours be different considering the changes to our system over the last 100 years. We are smart enough to avoid this but just too greedy and recent history has proved this. I had such high hope for America growing up in the 50's n 60's and it started to fade in the 70's got out mid 80's and cannot believe the news since then. We cannot make the changes needed as the Rich man controls so much. In fact we might have had more freedom under the English rule than our own self government. I still cannot believe Obama passed the US Medical reform when most Americans oppose it. I cannot believe in America so many people live without medicine.

Star n Flag OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This doom has been stealthily creeping up on us, while we were distracted by Survivor and professional wrestling and Bill Clinton getting a hummer. I feel just as foolish as anybody else about it, and now I'm feeling powerless to stop it. Unless I totally gave up all the commitments I've been wrangled into, and I've lived in the city too long to just chuck it all the head for the woods. So, when do you folks in ATS land think that TSHTF-Day is gonna be?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This may in fact turn out for the best, because once the Federal Reserve, owned by a family from Europe, finishes taking what it can, then you may just get your country and consequent freedom back, provided you all tell the I.M.F. and other do-gooders to get lost once the debt wagon rolls over.

There has to be a better philosophy than the current competitive me race. Take a look at Bhutan - they supposedly aim for the greatest happiness, rather than the greatest bank account. Sounds more realistic than the ever present whip of eternally increasing and polluting GDP economic growth models we've got now.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just off a horribly rocky coastline, the crew of a sailing ship awaits certain destruction…

Sailor 1: It’s gonna be bad. The ship is headed for the rocks and we’re all gonna die.

Sailor 2: Aye, we are all going to die!

Sailor 3: There’s no two ways about it, we are all going to be dashed upon those rocks, bleed a lot and drown in agony.

Sailor1: It’s the captain’s fault that we’re all gonna die.

Sailor 2: Aye, the captain’s fault.

Sailor 3: The captain was too drunk on the rum to steer us on a better heading.

Sailor1: It is gonna really hurt when we hit those rocks.

Sailor 2: Just exactly why aren’t we trying to do something to stop all of this from happening?

Sailor 3: We are! We’re all bitching and moaning about how bad it’s gonna be and blaming someone else!

"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest--

...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil had done for the rest--
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!"

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Great analogy!

This seems all too true because we Americans complain, but that's it.
Complain.

Until we start paying off our own debts and stop borrowing 'more'...
Then we are not leading by example.

In my opinion, this is the root cause.
We are just staying in debt our entire lives and thinking that's the American Dream.
Well, in one way, it is. This is what TPTB want.
A fully indebted society. Then you have nowhere to run.
I realized this when all the people around me think debt is normal.
Then they preach about how debt is the: "American Dream"
So, if you think that personal debt is ok...
National debt is ok, too.

Just my $0.002 (adjusted for hyper-inflation)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
If it comes down to it, it comes down to the fact that it is mostly just paper. Poof, the paper becomes as meaningless as it's always been. Maybe then we'll value something more tangible and constructive.

If only it were that simple. Would you like to phone up china and tell them that we're going to screw them over on all that debt we owe them? Do you want to tell all those hundreds of millions of slave laborers over there that you're going to jack them all and renege on all those promissory notes you gave them in exchange for their cheap labor? And what about all those OPEC nations that are sitting on huge piles of promises we exchanged for oil?

I dare you to try to default on your national debts, but please, give me a heads up so I can fly to the south pole before the nukes start flying, ha. I know if someone tried to jack me for that kind of debt I'd have to slit their throat(s).

When the USA goes bankrupt, the world will foreclose upon the USA corporation and demand our lands in order to make good on all that debt and if we refuse I wouldn't blame them for blowing our cheating scamming ponzi asses off the Earth. Don't even think about trying to jack another nuclear nation, please, I don't want to be vaporized.

Say, maybe we can export our unemployed to china where they can be put to work making ipods for the chinese for the same wages they were getting while making that stuff for us until all that debt is paid off. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The funny thing is that the people won't riot because there are ways to get food. Once that runs out, you will have riots in the US and will see many companies start moving to less developed areas.

I personally feel that the FED should be held liable for all the loose lending.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I often wondered how the Roman populace could sit back as Rome and it's empire imploded on itself...now I know. We are witnesses to such an event.

The decline of an over burdened middle class, a corrupt government and ruling class that spends into oblivion, the influx of peoples that at worst intend to destroy the country, and at the very least owe nothing to its success, a crumbling infrastructure that competes with trying to maintain obligations at the furthest reaches of the empire, moral and social decay that feeds on itself and speeds out of control.

And outnumbered and disillusioned, all the noble citizen can do is watch in dissappointment and frustration...and wonder what comes after?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

The thing with the Romans is that they did not have communication as we do. It should be up to every citizen to utilize this technology to the best of their abilities. I bet if you asked the majority of the American population about their national debt, they would assume they are the richest country in the world**.

There will of course be the few that understand what the debt is really at. The government is trying to keep the population as ignorant as possible, and for a reason. If the government truly wanted the American people to know they are spiraling out of control, the population would know by now.

The government is protecting the select few who are in control of the monetary system. They should have passed the bill to make the FED transparent. The FED is the root of all of America's debt. It loans the government the taxpayer's money, with interest, and the taxpayers are left paying for the government's spending.

It is a big ponzi scheme to dupe the citizens out of their money. The US will soon join the likes of the Greek citizens.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Bring it on! Believe me when I tell you that this whole house of cards can't collapse soon enough. And when it does, all of that money that the elite scums have amassed will be WORTHLESS! It is necessary that we hit rock bottom before we can rebuild a better system, one that is built upon true freedom!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article comparing the differences between the Soviet Union collapse and the U.S. Kind of sobering to think that we would possibly be in a worse state based on our lifestyle.

www.energybulletin.net...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The world is at a point where if one of the Major Economies is about to collapse completely and destroy the common Market and Finance system we use at the moment.. It can be changed.

The US will not collapse.. The Dollar will weaken more, the empire will receed more and the people will not be as wealthy.. But thats it!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
The world is at a point where if one of the Major Economies is about to collapse completely and destroy the common Market and Finance system we use at the moment.. It can be changed.

Explain...

During the head butt of the "Great Recession" the rest of the world (Eurasia) suffered even worse than we did/are.

The US will not collapse.. The Dollar will weaken more, the empire will receed more and the people will not be as wealthy.. But thats it!!

What about when teh dollar collapses? What happens then? Is it not already tedering on the verge of collapse? What strengths are there currently to help it avoid collapse?

-

Originally posted by kozmo
Bring it on! Believe me when I tell you that this whole house of cards can't collapse soon enough. And when it does, all of that money that the elite scums have amassed will be WORTHLESS! It is necessary that we hit rock bottom before we can rebuild a better system, one that is built upon true freedom!

The ultra-elite are surely smart enough to dump those 'dollars' into actual tangible assets... and things like "life extension" technologies.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

new topics

top topics

join