It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Bush! Look what you've done!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ok firstly could all you americans quit complaining about how expensive your fuel is. Heres a comparison in todays Daily Telegraph (Sydney). Keep in mind prices are in Australian Dollars and The amount is Litres NOT Gallons

AMERICA- $0.70

BRITAIN- $2.60

JAPAN- $1.40

IRAQ- $0.04

FRANCE- $2.08

AUSTRALIA- $1.09

Look what your president has done, fuel prices skyrocket around the world because of his stupid war, yet america still have the cheapest fuel (Iraq doesnt count their all poor)... I think Bush should subsidise all the people in the world who are finding it harder and harder to kee pfuel in their cars. The price has now inceased by $0.30 in the last year in AUS... and i blame bush and bush only!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Blame all you wish..................unfortunately you cede to Mr. Bush more power then he actually has............."Power" and interesting subject.....but that for another day another place..............

You would best be served in knowing that we are running out of oil and soon the demand will far exceed the supply...........China is sucking up the world resources causing a bull on the commodities futures markets of the world...............

Soon we will be sans oil, experts argue when, but as the sun comes up the tank will run dry.

Try a google search on "Peak Oil" keep to the technical, professional stuff rather then the "end is coming folks"...............educate yourself son.

Get ready for the "fun days" to come

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well when i say bush, i mean his administration, and i know supplies are running low and prices have been gradually rising. But a jump of 30c/Litre in one year, the year coincidentally of the Iraq war. Coincidently? i dont think so...

And chinas rising demand isnt the issue, the issues are
1/ The US invasion of Iraq
2/ The USA uses more oil than any other nation, yet you guys pay less than everyone else. I know its the way commerce works, but i think since its you guys wasting all the worlds oil (keep in mind you have your own resources that you dont use, you want to get everyone elses first) you guys should subsidise the other countries who use their oil more responsibly.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You can't blame Bush for what is going on in Britain.

It's been like that for as long as I can remeber. Actually, the reason Britain has such a high cost in petrol is because of the Government. Most of the cost of petrol in the UK goes in taxes and if you remember, in 2000 there was a boycott. Blair said he would deal with it and did bugger all.

Time to a) dump Blair like a hot brick and b) lower petrol taxes.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Its good that Britain Tax their fuel though,it reduces the use of it, which is definately a good thing. But the trend is defiantely noticable around the world... prices are definately rising fast. I'm just in a really bad mood after spending AU$70 to fill my car today (plus other things)... it used to cost me like $50... Personally i use as little fuel as i can, but i do have to drive 20mins to get to the closest train station to get me to work.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Your mad, but blame BUSH?
hmm yeah, blame the consumer, not the producers or distributors of the product who actually set the base value.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Since when did YOUR gas prices become OUR problem?

If prices were to drop to pre-Iraq war levels, would you give Bush credit? No, you'd find something else to whine about.

Stop whining, crybaby. Why don't you move to Iraq; they have low gas prices there?

If you want us to make your life easy, it's gonna cost you. Otherwise, tell your OWN government to get off their duffs and fix your problems.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by jsobecky]

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Look what your president has done, fuel prices skyrocket around the world because of his stupid war, yet america still have the cheapest fuel (Iraq doesnt count their all poor)... I think Bush should subsidise all the people in the world who are finding it harder and harder to kee pfuel in their cars. The price has now inceased by $0.30 in the last year in AUS... and i blame bush and bush only!!!

When did President Bush take over OPEC? They are the ones who set the fuel prices, not him.

If anything he should be thanked for allowing Iraqi fuel to be exported again. Once the production capabilities are restored.

But then you'll just find another reason to bash someone else's President.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Perhaps you should also know that the US gets Oil from Canada as it's #1 importer. OPEC has put the noose on oil production making costs rise around the world.

Be mad at them.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No, Jethro, some people are so blind with ignorance and hate that they have to blame Bush for everything. "Ouch! I sawed my hand off with a Skill saw. Darn that Bush!!" They aren't concerned with the real cause and effect, they'll not be troubled with the facts as their minds are already made up.
This is just another example of Bashing for the sake of bashing. You'd think they'd get tired of teh same old, unsubstantiated, rehashed slop.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
This is just another example of Bashing for the sake of bashing. You'd think they'd get tired of teh same old, unsubstantiated, rehashed slop.

How would you classify this post? A measured sharing?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Typically European countries have a shorter distance to travel and a good public transportation system.

So you may spend just as much money on gas as us, even though it is more expensive.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Remember I said China is sucking up world resources.............here's a link of interest for you................

China Pledges to Use More Alternatives to Oil and Coal
By MARK LANDLER
Published: June 5, 2004
BONN, June 4 - China, which has rattled energy markets with its ravenous appetite for oil, declared on Friday that it would generate 10 percent of its power through renewable sources by 2010.

The pledge, made at a conference on renewable energy held here, surprised experts with its ambition. If China achieves its goal, they said, it will become a world leader in developing alternatives to fossil fuels, rather than just a world-class consumer.

"The Chinese want to do this on a massive scale," said Christopher Flavin, the president of the Worldwatch Institute, an environmental research organization in Washington. "They're very serious about it."��������������
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Aghghg!! Bush! I feel like barfing whenever i type/say his name *barfs right now* lol. Everyone knows he's an idiot. Because of his war everything here in America has a bigger price. Everything is more expensive, that as$hole Bush!! *barfs again*

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Hmm, must be the hidden BUSH TAX im not seeing....or was it the additional war tax that BUSH signed that makes things cost more...

Try looking at the economic realities of price/demand structure before you go off blindly blaming a guy with very minimal sway on the costs of goods.

Im also not seeing any inflation in prices that dont have underlying causes to them. Hmm gas you'll say? Not enough world wide gasoline production capasity (i blame big energy companies for knowing demand was increasing, but not building any more production capasity.)
milk you'll say? again, not enough production of dairy cows with ever increasing demmand...

Oh i forgot, Blame Bush.....oh yeah thats the REAL reason anything bad ever happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Personly I thnk President Bush is doing a great job. Hes standing up to the arabs the europeans and the U.N. (which very few presidents have had the balls to do) Hes lowering taxes, which I love. bout the only things I disagree on is his drug policy.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My golly, Bush will get the blame for everything, but take a look at this now.

After some pressure from Bush this past week, OPEC decided they will produce more oil for the world, they are the ones in charge of the OIL not Bush. Do some extra research and you will find that whay someone else already said is true, China has guzzled down more and more over the past decade. Noone was prepared for their huge increase in demand for the oil and it has generated the major increase in price.

Do you know anything about economics or are you an economics professor. Prices don't say everything, you have to look at the whole picture and realize that oil is actually controlled by someone other than the president of America.

Question for all who would like to answer/
Was the recession of the late 70's early 80's actually a depression?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No, Jethro, some people are so blind with ignorance and hate that they have to blame Bush for everything. "Ouch! I sawed my hand off with a Skill saw. Darn that Bush!!" They aren't concerned with the real cause and effect, they'll not be troubled with the facts as their minds are already made up.

**********************WARNING*************************

PLEASE DISREGARD ALL POSTS FROM THIS OBVIOUS IMPOSTER !!
WHO EVER IS RESPONSIBLE, PLEASE RETURN THE REAL TC BEFORE
ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Now plaes show me how much the fuel was before the war?

Wasnt it still cheaper in US then in Australia?

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The fact is that gasoline in europe is always higher than gas in the U.S.
Now if you want a real conspiracy ponder this;
When gasoline was first sold it was always leaded there was no unleaded.
lead is not naturally found in gasoline it has to be added.
When the stardard type of gas changed from leaded to unleaded the gas companies all increased the price of gas.
The charged us extra NOT to add something into the gas which was unhealthy and costed them extra to add

new topics

top topics

join