It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christian warriors" militia members arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Video is from CNN, at this address:

www.cnn.com...

The boiled down version of the story is that a group of Christians gathered together to practice tactics they planned to use against a Michigan police officer, with plans to attack more officers at the funeral of the first officer. On the group's website, it is stated that they are "Preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive." Their attack was planned for April.

I can't say it surprises me that it was a Christian group because earlier today I heard on NPR radio about a guy who was on capitol hill screaming (or through a megaphone, whatever):
"One day God's doing to stand before you, and he's gonna judge you and the rest of your damn cronies up on the hill!" (from audio on NPR site, link below)

From NPR's site ( www.npr.org... ):

''With this past week's threats of violence, Berlet says he worries that the current state of rhetoric will lead to actual violence.

"I don't see people stepping back from the abyss, and that's what leaves me very worried," Berlet [with Political Research Associates] says.''

So, Berlet sees this as something that will escalate or not improve, at least.

I didn't think much of the NPR radio piece until I saw that militia group video and article on CNN.

Of all the groups that came across my mind as any that might act in violence, I have to say I was a bit (only a bit) surprised that it would be fanatical Christian zealots talking about end times. After the initial surprise, it really made sense though. (Not to offend anyone who is not an extremist who practices...whatever they wish!)

This should be interesting. In other news, I saw in the newspaper today that the Pope is being "attacked" in the news / "receiving bad press" over how he handled a situation involving a priest who molested over 200 boys. Some want the Pope to resign.

Normally I wouldn't have posted this, but it was odd that I came across all these stories in one day. Sounds like the church is having an awfully bad newsday!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
its already been posted and has about 24 pages bro

mod delete or close this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by boondock-saint]

join