It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's my King! Do you know him?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by MrXYZ
I strongly disagree!

= = = = = = =

Yep...yep....

been there, done that MrXYZ....

See: www.belowtopsecret.com...

You obviously have an eye for talent!

And so does Lebron

LeBron James just said he prayed to our 'Lord and Savior Jesus Christ' for Rodney Stuckey, after a reporter noted that James called the players together in a prayer circle after Stuckey suffered an apparent seizure and was taken to Cleveland Clinic Hospital.
[
source: article.wn.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
HE'S INDESTRUCTABLE

HE'S JESUS CHRIST

In him I can be found worthy.
Thank you for that OT, quite a lift indeed.
I love how you seem to come from nowhere sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed it randy....

the skeptics have sure responded too

Good night friend!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by OldThinker

I do admit....

I did actually really like "The passion of the Christ"

Me, too BB...

Mel may be a bit extremist in all things but he is one heck of a director/producer.

Glad you stopped by...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is my last post in here. *hears cheering from the fundies* So far, I have watched you self righteous trolls slap each other on the back and sniff each others butts, while avoiding any real criticism either by posting nonsense sprinkled liberally with scriptures, or just ignoring the actual criticisms wholesale and outright. NOT ONCE have I seen even a ' Y'know, maybe we DO need to look at our religion as a whole, since it is doing (insert stuff here)". Others act like they are the end all of Christianity, and so are so full of themselves, that if they backed into a cactus, they'd pop.

I am not so sure about anyone else, but I always feel I and anyone who so much as thinks about criticizing these people on their actual and real Religious shortcomings end up on the crummy end of the stick- abused, laughed at, and completely ignored. Ya know something? It's your house. Your house is on fire, and it's sinking into the ground. You cant hear the screams of people to 'get out!', because you've got your fingers in your ears and singing 'lalalalala'- It's your problem. It's not mine- I already left the burning house, and I'm still tending to the scorch marks. Happy destruction!

Fools.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

wylekat....hey listen please....you need to hit the 'reply to' bottom within the post you are responding to....

It is unclear who you are addressing....fair? ru talking with me?

OT

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
By the way OT.. I showed your post to my old man who is going to preach on it over Pesach (passover)... Awesome stuff dude....

Awesome

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I have no king...nearly no one on this planet truly understands what freedom and independence means, whilst claiming to be free, yet not grasping the true depth of their enslavery...you're all mindless robots waiting for your next commands..

Well said, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well.
The concept of Jesus is designed to create a perfect person that no one can possibly live up to.
It's as though we're taught that we're doomed from the very beginning.
I'm going to have to just say NO.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by CHA0S
I have no king...nearly no one on this planet truly understands what freedom and independence means, whilst claiming to be free, yet not grasping the true depth of their enslavery...you're all mindless robots waiting for your next commands..

Well said, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well.
The concept of Jesus is designed to create a perfect person that no one can possibly live up to.
It's as though we're taught that we're doomed from the very beginning.
I'm going to have to just say NO.

You post is quite theologically sound...

Romans 3:23

Romans 6:23

Romans 8:1

Ephesians 2: 8, 9

I hope you re-consider your answer .... so glad you took the time to share your thoughts....thx!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Honored!

Check out my profile (Threads) link....bunch more stuff if he likes....

OT

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Reign02
.....There is nothing to prove that he was infact the son of god. ....

I always found the empty tomb interesting...especially since the Roman guards would loose their life should something happen to the grave....

And it did

It would mean a great deal if any recognised historian had encountered the tomb. Indeed how do you excuse the complete lack of historical accounts of Christ? I mean seriously if a guy was walking around performing such amazing miricles then don't you think that every historian would have picked up on that? Why is it that only one historian, who is at best questionable, mentioned Jesus?

Umm, there are historical accounts, they just happen to be IN the bible because they were compiled as such...before that they were individual letters. If a guy was walking around performing miracles, I tend to think not many would believe it...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
This is my last post in here. *hears cheering from the fundies* So far, I have watched you self righteous trolls slap each other on the back and sniff each others butts, while avoiding any real criticism either by posting nonsense sprinkled liberally with scriptures, or just ignoring the actual criticisms wholesale and outright. NOT ONCE have I seen even a ' Y'know, maybe we DO need to look at our religion as a whole, since it is doing (insert stuff here)". Others act like they are the end all of Christianity, and so are so full of themselves, that if they backed into a cactus, they'd pop.

I am not so sure about anyone else, but I always feel I and anyone who so much as thinks about criticizing these people on their actual and real Religious shortcomings end up on the crummy end of the stick- abused, laughed at, and completely ignored. Ya know something? It's your house. Your house is on fire, and it's sinking into the ground. You cant hear the screams of people to 'get out!', because you've got your fingers in your ears and singing 'lalalalala'- It's your problem. It's not mine- I already left the burning house, and I'm still tending to the scorch marks. Happy destruction!

Fools.

Are you kidding? Just because you say the evidence available is nonsense does not damage its validity in an academic light. Its clear you have a problem with people and in a far second or third place is religion, that which I also despise.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

I hope you re-consider your answer .... so glad you took the time to share your thoughts....thx!

Can you...um...sum these up for me, please?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I know I come out of left field in my ways of thinking...
Is my first post so off topic and filled with such nonsense that it doesn't deserve any reply?

I wanted someone who leans on their own understanding; logic, to rip into what I had to say. No takers huh?

By the rites followed in science, it is in it's self a religion, a theory if you will.
And religion is a science of faith, a theory if you will. Both practices aim is to gain knowledge.

To put someone down because of any reason whatsoever is just plain foolhardy. One day, we all will have words we've said for food. Some though will be harder to digest. I ain't certain my dish will be empty, I'm sure I will have enough for an army.

Thank god for Jesus who came to redeem me.

[edit on (3/30/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
here is a reply to your uneducated post.

bull#...all of it...every one of the verses you posted are bul#.

they came from romans...do you even understand that? do you even know any romans?

hep me jebus has a different meaning to you I am sure.....lol

get a grip on life...

peas

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 113131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by oliveoil

Naa sayers, Religion answers the two most important questions that science can never answer. -By whom the universe was made. - and for what purpose. how can we know how to use anything correctly if we dont know what its purpose is?

You must be kidding me... please tell me this is a joke.

Why does it have to be 'whom', why does it have to be someone? Because the Bible says so?

What purpose does the Bible give? For a so called 'God' to have servants to worship 'him' and who will bow down to him... & if they do not, they will succumb to eternal damnation in hell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If 'God' really gave me a choice or so called 'free will', I would rather he did not create me. Because I need more than a human written book full of threats to keep me in line to believe in an all mighty all loving God.

The way I see it, God would not want me to believe with blind faith. And if he wanted me to believe in him, he would show me why.

I'm sorry, but I will not be a pawn in the power struggle between God and Satan (if they even exist in the way the bible portrays them) - who are competing for the most followers.

If the cost is eternal damnation, then so be it. But somehow, I don't think things will turn out that way.

no no no, You have it all wrong. All I am saying is that The universe was created.Think about it. Matter can not create matter PERIOD!!!.Something, (God) or some one,(GOD) is the answer that science can not give to this question. It has nothing to do with good and evil or what is written in a book.(although the bible seems to have nailed this theory spot on) Evolution is not even in the equation.Do you honestly believe that there is no concrete theory that backs this up? You are the one who is kidding yourself. Isn't that what science is,... theory?

loveguy, we are on the same page

[edit on 30-3-2010 by oliveoil]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Originally posted by trueperspective

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by HIWATT

Christianity and Science are not at odds. One is based on faith and one on evidence. Faith is not permitted in science, claims must be tested time and time again and go through grueling peer reviews before they are finally accepted as true.

LOL, will never stop laughing at this claim. As I stated in another thread

Well actually you are wrong. Evolution is NOT in any sense of the word based on empirical evidence, or tested experimentation.

1) No man has ever seen one "family" of animal evolve into another "family" of animal. Like say a duck into a lizard.

2) As far as I know time travel doesn't exist, So no man has experienced the past empirically. So everything we have as "evidence" must be examined and interpreted as to it's historical context.

3) Again, no man saw the beginning of the Universe, So there will never be empirical evidence about it's origin.

So NO, science about origins is NOT based on empirical evidence. It is based on faith.

Science is one of the biggest faith based organizations I know!! While at the same time being the most hypocritical about it. It is the most amazing act of blind hypocrisy the world has ever seen.

1. Check out these links:

12 Elegant Examples of Evolution
Seven signs of evolution in action
This thread I started also has some good info throughout it.

Also, how is it that we have witnessed hundreds of species change in small ways such as resistance to a new disease or chemical...and even small physical features have literally changed on some species...are you really telling me until you see a lizard evolve wings and fly away you'll ignore the facts of evolution? Do you understand how long such a change would take...they don't just suddenly morph into another species...if you admit that small genetic changes can happen to any species, and has happened, and has been noted...than you must admit that after extended periods of time (millions of years) that small changes build into massive changes through a process of survival of the fittest meaning the change will always be to their advantage and therefore evolution takes place...it's a slow and tedious process...and it isn't a sudden change, it's a slow process...but the process its self can be seen in nature...evolution is pretty much fact IMO.

2. What historical evidence are you talking about? Bones? How many ways can you interpret fossils? It's purely scientific...

3. True, we might not have empirical evidence to prove a theory about the origins of the universe, but there is evidence (such as Cosmic microwave background radiation) that suggests some sort singularity existed, and a great amount of energy came from that singularity.

[edit on 31/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

While you cry out for my repentance, you ignore that I have acknowledged the church being just as corrupt as the non-church when dealing with religion. The only ones with Truth are the ones who also express Truth. The reason that you cannot see repentance despite your calls for it, is because repentance does not live within you. You are blind to it. You are relentlessly against the weakness of those who subscribe to common doctrine for being relentlessly against the weakness they see in others. You are against the weak, because pride is inside of you. You are against be cause chaos is inside of you. From the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. I am sorry for my hypocrisy, but certainly eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. While it is a necessary stage for humanity to live under such an uncivilized law, it was meant to only be a passing era to teach us how the law is truly established. In truth. Since we are not perfect, we must continually repent of our nature and our corrupt expressions. Live as Christ rather than dispute his existence. Live as Christ rather than simply telling others that they are not. Compassionate Reason is Everlasting Truth.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Nice video nice list of attributes for a divine leader. I once thought he was my king too but I realized I really don't know so have to go with what I do know. I am open but I have yet to have been given in sure knowledge that he is. I have studied what are considered his teachings quite extensively and found most of them very good and wise.

I do find it difficult to believe that so many souls will be lost or damned to hell or what ever for not just accepting what they were taught by someone else with no memory or sure knowledge of whether it is true or not. Doesn't fit with what a prince of peace would do in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Hey OT! Thank you for this thread! I totally AGREE with you! I was feeling negative earlier today, and then I stumbled across this thread. I really needed to hear this message. My Lord is King Of Kings and His Name is Jesus Christ!

Star and Flag

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join