It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's my King! Do you know him?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
reply to post by trueperspective

Because people finally woke up and stop believing in something that has no scientific data to prove it.

Yeah because we know other historical figures didn't exist either(sarc)...

really, whether you love or hate the books in the bible does not affect the validity of the claims made. At the very least, Jesus did exist. Those who try and disqualify him in such a way show their disgust that such a man claimed to be God and possibly backed it up.

Most scholars do agree he existed even if they don't agree he was the Lord of the universe.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
seeing how neither one of our posts you quoted ever said that Jesus never existed............ There is nothing to prove that he was infact the son of god. Just an old book that someone wrote and got passed down through the years and with every passing became more and more elaborate and exaggerated.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

I don't think there is any solid evidence for Jesus having existed.

And if he did, which history pretty much says he didn't, he certainly wasn't anything more than an ordinary Jewish guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Inaccurate. Some of the most renowned historians, shortly after Christ's death, have no dispute regarding his existence. They, as good historians, tend to report rather than comment, but they did make notes regarding the general sentiment.

If there was to be any dispute regarding his existence, it would have had to been made early on while there was a populace which could verify or deny. This did not occur and only fringe historians deny his existence entirely, even disregarding spiritual beliefs.

I do not agree with the video posted, nor do I agree with any other idolatry. However, Christ did exist and I do believe that he is the Word who became my brother in order to join and perfect me in all that I am incomplete. If you do not agree he is the Word manifest, that is your observation to make, but to deny he existed at all is quite inaccurate.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Well, here is my Queen! What do you think of Her, Mother of all the Gods, Queen of Heaven....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The Goddess is Baphomet, Sophia, OUR Inheritance. God is our intellectual inheritance, brought down, not by genetic inhetritance, but through intellectual inheritance. Intellect is a male principle, since woman can't leave out ownership and feelings. Man's principle brought us nuclear science and sound politics. Woman brought pain. I want less pain, mor pragmatic truth. Simple as that. As a Christian, I'd like us to live. Excschampliphfying what Hyou are and Hwy Hyou are..... (I know that is too much, but try investigating the female thing. It's still the same after all these years, while the male principle evolves). Femme might be God, but Males is development. And thats what we need, but not one without the other. Finit. MAN and WOMAN makes CHILD. Let's rather focus on the sexless CHILD!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I say it's inaccurate for you to say he did exist... there were many historians around at the times...who didn't mention him at all... Isn't that strange..

There are no Primary Source (first person) accounts of Jesus whatsoever.
There's no evidence for either the birth or Crucifixion and "supposed" Resurrection...

And as for the word and the word manifest and so on.... I couldn't care less to be honest.

Anyway, these debates/arguments always go the same way...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Jesus historically existed, huh? Thats as silly as me saying I just ate lunch on Jupiter, fell in love and impreginated a green martian female, took her to dinner on Neptune, and flew back in time to watch the evening news. For someone so spectacular as the Jesus character being in existence, yet not one PARTICLE of evidence, not anything produced or written by him, not anything written by others having actually witnessed him, not one ACTUAL EYEWITNESS, but yet we DO have TONS of evidence of EARLIER MYTHS, and FABLES involving the MANY near carbon-copy sun gods all of which makes the Jesus character have NOTHING unique or special about him. Oh wait, if you beleive this nonsense, you should have no problem beleiving my space journey story. Its more beleivable.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Dasher

I say it's inaccurate for you to say he did exist... there were many historians around at the times...who didn't mention him at all... Isn't that strange..

How many historians mentined Martin Luther King? Jusat about as many historians who agreed to his cause or who admitted his cause was a way to follow for some I'd guess.. Who of our historians mentioned Copernicus? Who of our historians mentioned Jean D'Ark? Not as many as one would suppose had mentioned these. Your discoarse is NULL.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well, that video's message was B. S., obviously. As with all praise-heaping slobbery kissy-face fests like it. Wallowing in worship is below humanity. However I gotta say I'm really impressed with the speaker. To have a freedom of flow like that is no mean feat, and some of those were uniquie or rare word-pairings, to me at least. The idea that someone could attend enough college to win a doctorate and still have access to thier spirit on that level astounds and impresses me, no lie. Very nice job with the cognitive dissonance, my friend.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
Jesus historically existed, huh? Thats as silly as me saying I just ate lunch on Jupiter, fell in love and impreginated a green martian female, took her to dinner on Neptune, and flew back in time to watch the evening news. For someone so spectacular as the Jesus character being in existence, yet not one PARTICLE of evidence, not anything produced or written by him, not anything written by others having actually witnessed him, not one ACTUAL EYEWITNESS, but yet we DO have TONS of evidence of EARLIER MYTHS, and FABLES involving the MANY near carbon-copy sun gods all of which makes the Jesus character have NOTHING unique or special about him. Oh wait, if you beleive this nonsense, you should have no problem beleiving my space journey story. Its more beleivable.

Eh. No. Any of your spurious assumptions having to do with your own sanity would never live to stand your own erection rekated to green immaginary lifeforms, would stand your furious or spurious intentions. Get real. Jesjuah ha Mesjiach bar Josjeph was real. Eat it. Or beat it. Either you'd admit this or your whole last two hundred years of power will never be but two hundred years of folly. Period. And it's not me speaking, it's Hisrtoruy (History).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

That was a rough post and I really couldn't take any coherent meaning from it. Could you please rephrase it?

reply to post by blupblup

Please justify any historical disputes through historical texts. Otherwise, you are espousing ignorance.

I am not suggesting that anyone should adopt my beliefs simply because who I believe did actually live, but I am expecting a rational and historical agreement based on facts proposed even by those who hated, and/or merely acknowledged, Christ as a person rather than simply a myth.

Specifically, Tacitus does recall the event in Roman politics regarding the crucifixion of Christ. Also, in attacking Christ, Celsus made claims of adultery against his mother, but again, could not bring into dispute his existence.

Sorry that it does not support your view, but it is going to be an uphill battle for you to bring into question something that early historians did not question, regardless of any lack of mention on the part of any other historians.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by Dasher]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

WOW thats your best attempt to prove what history and I have to say about your imaginary man-god friend and savoir/messiah??.

AND If your post was implying anything in regards to the accounts of Josephus of Jesus, thats VERY WEAK, as even christian scholars admit that is a FRAUD. Oh, and I am going to the planet Saturn for breakfast tomorrow to visit my green martian girlfriend.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear OldThinker

Just one point in the video it states “He is the path way to peace”

That has not worked out so well huu,

Yeah thanks to people with your attitude we all suffer. Not believing and disrespecting God-Jesus is why we are in Hell on earth today and it will only get MUCH worse. You will soon learn that its Jesus and his way or burn in hell. Take a pick, Its an easy one for me.

Look good and you will find him. He loves you and died for all of us to teach mankind a lesson we will never forget, so we advance as a species instead of killing each other off. He gave mankind a chance and now we will pay dearly for our misdeeds. He will hit reboot on earth just like he said he would if we did not change.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Another thread about Jesus and the Christians. I'm getting tired of it, you have every right to post it but it's sad how believers are trying to force their opinions on others. Especially when you see believers saying how atheists are enforcing their opinions on others or when you see believers asking why atheists care so much about questioning belief.

The hypocrisy is deafening.

Still your little video proves very little, all it does is show someone offering a very jaded view of Jesus and even if Jesus was completely perfect it would only be a story and one any person could follow without being religious. Many of us don't kill, don't steal, don't cheat, don't abuse and yet we are not religious.

I think Jesus would approve of many atheists, he would enjoy their gentle spirit and peaceful actions. I think he would also be quite sad to see many of the actions carried out in the name of Christianity.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Ok. How many historiand are we talking about who were living around the time when Jesjuah and not mentioning the thoussnds of other mesiahs around at the time lived? OK I'll help you, appart from Jedjuah's enemies the Romans, we have, well, Josephus, also an enemy of Jesjush, and how many mentioned him? NULL. Doesn't mean that the testimony we have doesn't work. I know my lord didn't die, he may hate me, but still, damnit, he lived. ALL serious scholars in the field, whether historians or religion historians, well they all agree, he lived and dides. The question remains, did he survive the crusifiction or did he die for your sins? Well, he survived, at least that's what I've come to is the best siolution.

[edit on 30/3/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Josephus didn't mention Jesjuah ha Mesjiach. He may have mentioned a certain Jesus, but that's not my Lord anyhow. What was your problem again?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

While I also suspect the authenticity of such a "picture perfect" record of Christ by a Jewish historian (Josephus), it would be very incomplete or rash for someone to deny what was not denied by any early historians. If there had been some sort of injection of myth into our world today, and that person had not lived at all, the first thing to be picked at would be the idea of that person's existence. It would not take thousands of years for it to be "brought to light." In this case, years work against the history of Christ. As time has gone on, a boldness to ignore reality has pervaded not only those who hate the teachings of God's provision (humanists, christian/secular), but also those who think they understand God's provision (orthodox christians).

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'd like to say that while I follow the teachings of God's provision, I cannot fully be counted a Christian. I left the church because the Chaos and Pride that exists within it. The Chaos and Pride that exist within it are also the same Chaos and Pride that exist within all ignorance and arrogance. This thread is filled with ignorance and arrogance on many sides.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I think Jesus would approve of many atheists, he would enjoy their gentle spirit and peaceful actions. ....

Yep, I agree He would (and in reality DOES)....

Thx for contributing my friend!

OT

PS: Its called G-R-A-C-E

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join