learn more

That's my King! Do you know him?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Because people finally woke up and stop believing in something that has no scientific data to prove it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have done more than "Jesus" because my achievements can be proven.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
reply to post by damwel

well, I know that it a great tactic to use the Bibles teachings against those that claim it all the while mocking the one who gave it, but unfortuntely you are wrong, and you neither know the word nor how to divide it. Judging is far different then defending.

I challenge you to find one place in Scripture where a believer did not stand for his/her faith. Just for a reference I will show you some.

Here's what Stephen concluded after giving a weighty apologetic for Christ. Doesn't sound like he "turned the other check" does it.

You can stand on the word of God or be crushed by it. Satan used the Scripture also to try and condemn the people of God. You are no different then your father I see.

I'll be crushed by nothing, least of all your invisible god. Rules of logic dictate that you must prove the positive, the negative cannot be proven. I say there was no Christ and no god. The challenge is yours to prove that there is. No, you don't just know it and the writings of a bunch of control freaks doesn't prove anything either. Oh and I am not concerned with what other posters said or did. As far as Satan being my father I think maybe you missed it by a generation if that were even close to being true.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Because people finally woke up and stop believing in something that has no scientific data to prove it.

Well, that's one answer, OR people naturally look for credibilty to their dis-belief. Secular Scientist hijacked the good work being done by a field that was created mostly by Christians and turned it into a black hole of hope and purpose. What was once an exploration into the wonders of God has now become a platform to mock and dismiss Him.

And by the way. Christianity WRECKED the social order of Rome. It nearly crumbled thier society. So I guess there goes your theory. Christianity is a counter-worldy institution. It creates clear divisions between people. It was never meant to control.

You can follow all the "rules" of Christianity and still go straight to Hell

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

As far as your positive, negative arguement. It goes both ways. I say there is NO proof of evolution. Now it is your resposibilty to prove there is.

And, Satan being your father is a figure of speech. It denotes who you follow in the foot steps of. You hate God and His children. So rightly are you not just like Satan. If there is NO God, then you should not be offended by this saying.

In fact, If you hate God and those that follow Him then Satan is your model and you should be proud of it. RIGHT!!

Why does me comparring you to a "fictional" character bring so much ill feeling. Uhmm...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Those who do not act with gracious judgment do not see gracious judgment because gracious judgment is not within them. However, everyone knows that gracious judgment does exist. Gracious Judgment is alive. They live within me. Do not return evil for evil.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Ah, as I read on, I realized that the fruit of your reply proved to be poor. However, please do not think that I disagree with the sentiment of what you held against trueperspective originally. I do not wish anything unwell on you, but if you had expressed the understanding of grace that you have instead of using it to attack your neighbor (as the Christians do), then your situation would have brought different fruit. While I do not suggest pursuing Christianity specifically, and there are specific points of incorrect understanding regarding the scriptures in your posts, I do suggest that you take the core of your desires and express them. The god that you express is the god that you will become.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by damwel

As far as your positive, negative arguement. It goes both ways. I say there is NO proof of evolution. Now it is your resposibilty to prove there is.

And, Satan being your father is a figure of speech. It denotes who you follow in the foot steps of. You hate God and His children. So rightly are you not just like Satan. If there is NO God, then you should not be offended by this saying.

In fact, If you hate God and those that follow Him then Satan is your model and you should be proud of it. RIGHT!!

Why does me comparring you to a "fictional" character bring so much ill feeling. Uhmm...

You know that our brain has a reptilian layer, which proves we evolved from reptiles, we also have a coxix, the remains of a former tail, both these factual observations prove we have evolved.

Dont ignore facts, why would you want to do that? why would you want to deny fossil records?. Why do you believe the worlds sccientists are holding a massive conspiracy to fool the religious?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

You know that our brain has a reptilian layer, which proves we evolved from reptiles, we also have a coxix, the remains of a former tail, both these factual observations prove we have evolved.

Dont ignore facts, why would you want to do that? why would you want to deny fossil records?. Why do you believe the worlds sccientists are holding a massive conspiracy to fool the religious?

Really... that's interesting. I have NEVER seen a human skeleton with a tale before... Once agian you have come to a secondary, empirically unfounded conclusion based on an unrelated biological fact. Not only has no skeleton ever been found with a tale, BUT even if they had how does that indisputably prove that evolution caused it and that God does not exist. Based on your argument

1) Humans have a back bone that suggests they once had tales (no evidence that they did)
2) If humans had tales and now they don't that means they evolved from apes, because apes have tales (massive extrapolation)
3) Therefore, God does not exist

WHAT?? The conclusion doesn't even match the thesis!!

When will you guys understand...unless YOU with your own eyes SEE something evolve... You do NOT have empirical proof. Until someone Sees the creation of the Universe they DO NOT have empirical evidence of how it was done. They have guesses, hypothosis, extrapolated conclusions based on interpreted evidence. You are a LIER if you say that you have empirical evidence of the CAUSE of creation.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
gave me chills...its nice to be reminded sometimes

s&f

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok but Romans still had a form of religion, they believed in many gods that looked after certain things. Rituals, taboos, superstitions, and traditions that they compiled into a religion. They had a hard time believing in one particular god that controlled everything. So the theory I stated that is believed by many is not out the window just yet. There is not one civilization that had no form of religion, people need to believe in something beyond this world to feel comfort in life and death.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Just to even nail this home for you.

I conclude that reptiles millions of years ago evolved from humans, because you know they have this human layer that matches the layer around our brain. They also have a coxix. The fact that they share parts with us PROVES that they evolved from us.

Also, apes have tales that humans once had. They evolved their tails from humans, but our tales eventually fell off. This happened millions of years ago of course!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Ok but Romans still had a form of religion, they believed in many gods that looked after certain things. Rituals, taboos, superstitions, and traditions that they compiled into a religion. They had a hard time believing in one particular god that controlled everything. So the theory I stated that is believed by many is not out the window just yet. There is not one civilization that had no form of religion, people need to believe in something beyond this world to feel comfort in life and death.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Reign02]

It is written in man that he should seek God. So yes religion has played this role. However, Christianity in particular started as the opposite, it went agaisnt the social norms. It was the underground religion, and seen as a usurping force for the social order of the pagan Rome. So we are both right. Religion does play the role of social control, but that is NOT the point of Christianity and certainly not it's roots.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Just to even nail this home for you.

I conclude that reptiles millions of years ago evolved from humans, because you know they have this human layer that matches the layer around our brain. They also have a coxix. The fact that they share parts with us PROVES that they evolved from us.

Also, apes have tales that humans once had. They evolved their tails from humans, but our tales eventually fell off. This happened millions of years ago of course!

jesus christ, thats some warped logic there, but seeing as logic isn't really your game, i'll leave you to it

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I really wasn't saying Christianity controls society. Actually I never said that
sorry if my wording made it sound like that.

And yes we are both infact right
I was just saying how religion in general is used to control people's actions and to scare them into believing that if they did something wrong that they could go to "hell" or whatever form of "hell" that religion has.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hi,
I often wondered "why" we give names to things, especially stars and comets, asteroids, and planets. So we all can come together and objectively ascertain what it is whomever is speaking of said object. To "recognize."

I wonder what a giant sequoia was before it evolved into what it is today, and the redwoods. All of the different species and breeds of plants and animals share a common aspect. Look-up Luther Burbank and find what he did for science. He created different flowers/roses/plants. He "created" these things.

Now, nothing that is on the Earth exists, unless it was first created by a creator. Science is dumbfounded to create a viable theory of existence, if it does not acknowledge of first having been created. "Poof" the big bang!

What happened previous to that is a speculation of mine;
When the creator "recognized" all, by recognizing all was what created the explosive expansion of the universe.

One day; I dare to predict that science will be able to prove the existence of a creator, and the creator will then give science credence in this otherwise mystical peer reviewed technology...Religion is science, science is religion.

Example; The "reason" to understand. Why it takes "understanding" to have reason.

link;en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on (3/30/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I will give you a parable.

Let's say a bunch of your friends liked to snort coc aine all day every day. You like it to and you enjoy there company. Then another friend that you have known for a long time, but does not share your affinity for drugs, pleads with you to stop the drugs. That friend tells you to leave your other friends and that you can do better.

Which is the better friend??

Thats a trick question right?

The freinds with the coke, once that runs out you go with the other freind.

Win win situation!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Great video. Much like I see me Lord, but anyway? Can someone tell me why this threasd which is basically a repost has more stars and favs than way more important topics in this forum? Are you just glad someone lead you on the right path? Aren't yu on that path? And ifg not? Why?!!!?=!?!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Goodness, it never ceases to amaze me. Why can we not get along. Seriously. We must have arguments with other people over their beliefs and ideologies, why? Why not live and let live?

When a man, who "knows" he is right, or a woman who "knows" she is right, come upon another which hold beliefs that they themselves consider opposing to theirs, they seem to have an urge to tell the other that they are wrong, or to convert them or to demean them. WHy?

Can you not just let your neighbor be? is it so hard to accept that this is what that person believes, it is doing no harm to me? no harm to my family? Am i being to much of a optimistic idealist? i think not. i go through life with that exact outlook.

Who cares if your a christian, an atheist, a jew or a muslim? A luciferian, budhhist, a tin foil hat wearing conspiracist? It doesnt matter, it truly doesnt matter. Why this urge to change the mind of another. When a christian attempts spreading the word of God to me, i usually turn them down. And then they speak of eternal damnation. Who are they to judge? Is it not said in scripture that there is only one who may judge. And judge not others lest ye be judged in kind?

and when an atheist disputes my belief in an indescribable, unfathomably intelligent force behind all this we call life, i usually tell them im not interested in this conversation. Then i get to hear how my fairy tale man in the sky idea is preposterous. SO, what does it bother you, if your so intelligent that you found out the mysteries of the universe with logic and science, then what? Why are you bothering with me?

And on and on and on. The truth is, we are individual beings, here on this planet. We havent lived any lives but our own, and our beliefs are unique to each of us, despite seeming like so called "sheeple" many of those who belong to organized religion, do not have exactly the same beliefs, and many atheist do not have the same exact beliefs either.

Its all about perspective and perception. Why is it nigh impossible for one human being to step back and objectively view the situation she/he is involved in from another point of view? its not rare. we can all do it.

Are you being Spiritually harmed? Mentally? Emotionally? Physically? does anothers beliefs cause you pain and suffering? Can you not live and let live?

The golden rule is ok, but i prefer the silver one. Do not do unto others that which you would not want done to you.

She might like cheddar and broccoli soup. He might like clam chowder. They dont like the samething, but what they share in common is that they dont like roof of the resturaunt to cave in and break limbs.

Yeah a bit exaggerated, but it works.

The state of things seems to never change, but change comes from within, and not from without. it takes more than one person, i know, otherwise the so called hundered monkey effect would have kicked in along time ago.

Beliefs are meant to be personal, not forced upon others. You want to be proud of what you believe in, you want to tell others. That is fine. But dont get defensive when others believe something different. That is truly a petty way to live.

Love and Peace

love and peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
HES MY KIND AND SAVIOR..

second line... MY KING FOR EVER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join