It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's my King! Do you know him?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Yes I know Him OT. He is my truth and light. He's my steady rock I lean on everyday. I love him so very much and He loves me.

Thank you for this early morning praise to our King.

It's an amazing grace that saved a sinner like me.

He still forgives me of my sins everyday.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
I have no king...this video scares me to be honest, it shows how obsessed and absorbed a person can become in something that's obviously 99% lies, and has no reliable proof what so ever. It's not safe to put so much passion and faith in something we really have no idea about...

You mean like the faith people put into SCIENCE without even giving it a second thought?

We have NO IDEA what possible consequences the scientific experiments going on at CERN (for example) could have on the human race because THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE HAVE NO IDEA - AND IN FACT THAT IS THE VERY REASON WHY THEY ARE MESSING WITH NATURE.

It continually blows my mind when people attack "Jesus" and a "message of love" ... as if those things are dangerous.

Yes, they are dangerous... if you happen to not agree with being a decent human being to your neighbor!

[awaiting the inevitable counter-posts from those who see "Christianity" as having a history of bloodshed etc.]

Jesus preached non-violence and that is the true essence of "Christianity" ... that people who believe in what he did for us - that is, DIE - "should not perish but have eternal life" because we chose not to be self-destructive nihilistic a-holes.

Thats putting it as simply as i can.

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

So what you saying is..... there are no true christians in the armed forces.

another one bites the dust.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Christianity and Science are not at odds. One is based on faith and one on evidence. Faith is not permitted in science, claims must be tested time and time again and go through grueling peer reviews before they are finally accepted as true.

What is the measure for Biblical or religious Truth, that simply because the Bible claims to be the truth or the word of God it is?

Jesus's teachings of love have been buried under superstition and blind faith, people spend more time celebrating his horrific death than they do his terrific life. Christianity ceased being about Christ the moment Emperor Constantine made it a state-sponsored religion, a tool of the Elite power structure of the all but crumbling Roman Empire.

In conclusion:

Christ's Teachings = Good, for the most part, and generally a good philosophy to live by.

Science = Should not be in conflict with religion. It is a way of finding truth, finding explanations to the world around us that make more sense than blind superstition and have actual evidence to back them up.

Christianity = Some bizarre perversion of Christ's teachings that generally ignores the important elements of the story while hyping and emphasizing unsubstantiated supernatural elements and a myriad of interpretations of books that have nothing at all to do with Jesus himself.

CERN/LHC = I trust that the scientists know what they are doing far more than any conspiracy theorist on the internet. The Universe will not end, after all the Higgs Boson they are looking for existed after the Big Bang right? And it didn't do anything sinister back then. I trust that they have done the math and that the probability for negative outcomes is minute in the extreme.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I trust that they have done the math and that the probability for negative outcomes is minute in the extreme.
Well, I completely agree with the rest of your post...but not this statement...you can't do math for something you don't yet understand, and haven't even studied...they cannot predict with any degree of accuracy whether the experiment is dangerous or not...they just have to "risk it", and in reality, that's exactly what they're doing by messing with such fundamental aspects of reality...anyway, brilliant post otherwise.

[edit on 30/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
You mean like the faith people put into SCIENCE without even giving it a second thought?

lol? It seems you simply have no clue as to how the scientific process works. I'll give you a hint: science thrives on criticism and peer review, something you have explained as "second thoughts" ; which is something that religion doesn't seem to handle too well by the reactions of any criticism to your (general population) precious dogma.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
To each their own, but personaly, I find it quite foolish to consider anyone a king who is in reality a complete fabrication of the MANY god-men, saviors and messiahs that predate his invention. It just displays a total lack of study in your belief systems origins to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by HIWATT

Christianity and Science are not at odds. One is based on faith and one on evidence. Faith is not permitted in science, claims must be tested time and time again and go through grueling peer reviews before they are finally accepted as true.

LOL, will never stop laughing at this claim. As I stated in another thread

Well actually you are wrong. Evolution is NOT in any sense of the word based on empirical evidence, or tested experimentation.

1) No man has ever seen one "family" of animal evolve into another "family" of animal. Like say a duck into a lizard.

2) As far as I know time travel doesn't exist, So no man has experienced the past empirically. So everything we have as "evidence" must be examined and interpreted as to it's historical context.

3) Again, no man saw the beginning of the Universe, So there will never be empirical evidence about it's origin.

So NO, science about origins is NOT based on empirical evidence. It is based on faith.

Science is one of the biggest faith based organizations I know!! While at the same time being the most hypocritical about it. It is the most amazing act of blind hypocrisy the world has ever seen.

At least Christians don't LIE about their faith. I love faith and hope, It is the GREATEST gift God ever gave Man.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by trueperspective]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

that is one of the best posts i've ever read...wow!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well,I don't subscribe to the western Christan church's and their man made organizational structure and tenets.

What has transpired in churches through out the world from those in power in Rome is a perfect example.The devil is residing under that roof.

Those who seek money from the poor to spread the "good word" ,while living a decadent lifestyle and having gold faucets and fixtures in their mansions,are another.

I believe there was a young Jewish rabbi named Joshua/Jesus that lived and had a different view than what the elders of the Hebrew religion wanted the populace to believe.I sincerely believe John the Baptist was as enlightened as his cousin Jesus.

"Send for your light and Your truth,let them guide me." Psalm 43:3

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective

Well actually you are wrong. Evolution is NOT in any sense of the word based on empirical evidence, or tested experimentation.

Actually, yes it is and you would do good to educate yourself on evolutionary theory instead of spreading misinformation.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

Originally posted by trueperspective

Actually, yes it is and you would do good to educate yourself on evolutionary theory instead of spreading misinformation.

I don't want to derail this thread or anything, but if the OP doesn't mind I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to elaborate and let me obliterate your claims....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
go for it. The OP thinks its relevant!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I don't want to derail this thread or anything, but if the OP doesn't mind I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to elaborate and let me obliterate your claims....

Wow...what a lovely Christian way! So understanding, forgiving, loving, patient and kind. It's great that you guys are constantly mirroring the way of your God.

Reading through these forums, it's an experience on it's own to see the true colors of Christianity. I never knew sarcasm was one of the traits your God loves to see..I'm sure he'd be proud to see how his flock represent him and his ideologies.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

"He is the way,the truth,and the life"

Interesting quote.Whats your take on this?.Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I'm not going to regurgitate information detailing every aspect of evolutionary biology, so I'll simply refer you to my post HERE so you can listen to someone a little more eloquent than me. You realize by trying to obliterate my arguments, you're also obliterating solid, and well established science. So if you're truly correct, then why don't you prove all of the facts that we have assembled over the past 150 years wrong and finally put a stop to the whole evolution vs. creation argument?

I dare you to prove anything Ken Miller says in that video from 33 minutes onward false, including the EMPIRICAL evidence he is using, like for instance the proof of how we only have 46 chromosomes as opposed to the 48 in primates (and the tracers left in our genome to prove how this happened), or the fact that removing parts from complex biological constructs still leave it functional, etc. I mean, I could go on and on about the facts of evolution, but you're probably so opposed to science that it will go in one ear and out the other.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by DisappearCompletely]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

Wow...what a lovely Christian way! So understanding, forgiving, loving, patient and kind. It's great that you guys are constantly mirroring the way of your God.

Reading through these forums, it's an experience on it's own to see the true colors of Christianity. I never knew sarcasm was one of the traits your God loves to see..I'm sure he'd be proud to see how his flock represent him and his ideologies.

Yes you are right, however when it comes to mockery of my God there is license to be bold and be ready to give a defense for the hope that is in me. I do not consider it arrogant to stand firm and be bold for my Savior. God has chosen the foolsih things of this world to make fools of the proud and "wise" of this world

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
ATS is not a venue for proselytizing. i strongly urge the administration to relocate this thread into the appropriate religion section of BTS.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Naa sayers,
Religion answers the two most important questions that science can never answer.
-By whom the universe was made.
- and for what purpose.
how can we know how to use anything correctly if we dont know what its purpose is?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

Well, I am at work so I can't view that video, please sum it up. What are the basic arguments? Is he speaking of "benefical" mutation? Please give me the core arguments, because I'm sure I have an answer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join