It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington DC: All Police Radio Communication GONE

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I found a news report that states that a flight from Chicago to DC was diverted to Dullas and landed safely at 11:50pm. There are no details as to "exactly" why the flight was diverted.

Source: www.kansascity.com...

If I have my facts straight this would put the diversion during the time in question. The only info they offer is about the diversion is there was a security concern, but are not giving the details to what it was.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ExhibitEx]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by ExhibitEx]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermes8
reply to post by zeddissad

are you sure the most amount of inernet severs are in the czech republic? Where does that info come from?

If so, it would be easy to shut down big amounts of the internet, just turn the power off in Prague...

I was talking about servers in CZ domain, not about servers at all. Main inet knot is of course in California. California datahouses are THE thing (western coast blackouts). I was talking about commercial security standard in Eastern Europe X Washington D.C. police depot proposed "blackout". In other words: How is it possible that commercial service in eastern Europe country can do almost infrangible service while police depot in capitol of Empire can not do it?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by corys dads birthday
Grüße Fräulein, Sturm-Verbot-Führer, it is today anniversary of the papa of corys and of cakies demands his

Best post on this entire thread

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Very weird indeed.

Didn't the same thing happen with ATC in the film Die Hard?

The crims needed to turn it off, so they could link in and take control of it when they wanted to, didn't they?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Great catch dgtempe. S&F

...as SD asked - Why would they use the press to inform all the criminals that the cops can't communicate?

Well, it's proof that our "critical infrastructures" are vulnerable. Thus justifying efforts to shut down the Free Web. Even though it's a GPS vulnerability, NOT an internet problem:

Sat-nav Systems (GPS) Under Increasing Threat from 'Jammers'

Wait a few days. Hackers will be blamed. No one will acknowledge that it's GPS hacking, not Internet hacking.

More fear-mongering.

Another reason to regulate, monitor and control the Internet.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The very idea that a piece of infrastructure as vital as police communications are run from a single source of power, is quite frankly astonishing. If this is indeed the case, then the residents of the area should be up in arms.What a pathetic system. Failsafes and backups should be in place to prevent such a catastrophic breakdown . The fact that this comms problem has effectively cut the police off from one another is a sickening reminder of how useless local government can be at contigency planning.
Compounding this by letting the information out while the comms blackout was still in effect is nothing short of asking for trouble. I dont know whos running this gig, but who ever wears the trousers in DC in terms of local infrastructure needs a swift kick in the nether regions for this phenomenal lack of foresight.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It's a test for folks on ATS. A psy-op just to see what we'll do

Seriously that's crazy though. Is it to bait some terrorist? Is it to see what the enemies of the US will do?

It seems to me that ,while it's really taking place that it's like fake. Someone or something (nation or organization) is being baited.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think its to say: Look at us, we're vulnerable!!! We dont have in our nation's capital any more protection than.... Wala Wala Washington..

Or East Bumfeck, New Jersey.
COME AND GET US!!!!!

Really, the most powerful (debatable now) nation on Earth? I dont buy for a minute it wasnt designed that way last night for a purpose.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Who would of thought...another false alarm on ATS. No start to civil war, no start to revolution, no wide spread crime wave....nothing....just some radios out.

Do people really not understand why they notified the media??? They aren't trying to trick anyone into thinking they are "vulnerable"....they are alerting the public that if they need help...response time is going to be slow...so if it is an emergency...they may have to take more personal action than they would normally have to. Would you rather them just not tell anyone and then get an emergency call and tell the person that is currently in the emergency "Yah...sorry...our radios are down...it will be awhile". NO...you notify the public you are sworn to protect that your capabilities are currently limited...it is the responsible thing to do.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Good eye there DG! I think this speaks to our infrastructure. We've been so busy with the cost of war we haven't been maintaining our very foundation here at home.

Seems like most upgrades for the states has been put on hold or done away with altogether. It's all about money. I think this is a symptom of infrastructure neglect. You know it's the general public that has to deal with things like roads, bridges, the DMV, LE etc. not the elite who have everything done for them. As long as everything works in their world why should they give a crap about the rest of us? Pretty soon it's going to be DIY infrastructure. It reminds me of when our county road washes out you'll see residents out with shovels fixing it themselves so we can get in/out.

You know how it is with your own home when things start falling apart everything seems to go at once.

Edit reply was intended for DG.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Morningglory]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well nobody has stated YOUR scenario is not possible. We are just wondering thats all, because its what we do here.
We wonder about everything. Isnt it fun?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I don't think ATS is a place to randomly "wonder"...with no facts to back up your theory.

If that is the case...I think the radio blackout was due to unicorns eating the generator...and they are just covering it up.

My "theory" has as much proof as yours...so let's run with it.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I don't think ATS is a place to randomly "wonder"...with no facts to back up your theory.

Really?

Is it the kind of place where we take every official at their word without questioning it, without pondering alternatives?

I see.

If that is the case...I think the radio blackout was due to unicorns eating the generator...and they are just covering it up.

Fallacious hyperbole FTW!

Soi you think all police and radio communication failing in the nation's capital is 'move along nothing to see here" situation eh?

I've always suspected there's a Party Pooper conspiraceh, I think we haz proof!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not for nothing, posting this news was DUMB DUMB DUMB..i can picture every thief, rapist, drug dealer, pimp and murderer coming out and doing their deeds, knowing the cops would never ever know

They should have posted the news AFTER the generator was fixed and police signals were going back online

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Really?

Is it the kind of place where we take every official at their word without questioning it, without pondering alternatives?

Sometimes the official word is the official word...I like ATS when people use actual facts and sources to provide a valid twist on a story...some people try to turn every single story into a conspiracy...that gets old and makes ATS less credible in my eyes.

Where are the facts for this theory? In fact...it turns out that NOTHING HAPPENED...so where is the conspiracy now? Did D.C. get raided by militia groups? Did crime run rampant on the streets?

Fallacious hyperbole FTW!

Oh...too fallacious for you? How about these?

1) Aliens are planning on invading DC...so they took out the police/emergency communications...the end of the world is here.

Still too falacious?

2) The Chinese are invading DC...so they took out the police/emergency communications...the end of the US is here.

Still too much??? I still have as much proof as the OP claiming this is being done on purpose to entice militias to attack.

3) The Federal Government is taking over the civilian police force...so they are taking out their communication as part of their takeover. Obama is going to take over all police forces in the United State...martial law is going to be declared and we will all be put into FEMA camps...the end of freedom is here.

Now come on...that last one would probably get 100 stars and flags if I posted it as a thread...still have no proof though. Just living in fantasy land.

Still too much for you though? I got more.

4) The military is testing short range EMP weapons targeted at specific communication systems. DC is the perfect place to test it because even with the police force taken out...there is plenty of federal agents to take over if the communications blackout causes a widespread crime spree.

I could really go on and on (HAARP, LHC, Nirubu, Solar Flare, etc.)...but it is all fantasy...not one bit of fact behind any of it.

Now tell me...what facts does the OP have behind their theory that I don't have in any of mine above???

Soi you think all police and radio communication failing in the nation's capital is 'move along nothing to see here" situation eh?

Did anything happen...at all? Sometimes electronic systems fail...it happens. Looks like radio communications were down for 3 hours....they still had cell phone communication...so they weren't cut off in any way.

I've always suspected there's a Party Pooper conspiraceh, I think we haz proof!

I don't mind being called names...I'd rather still think logically about things and be called names instead of living in a fantasy world where I believe every random conspiracy theory with not one single bit of fact to back it up.

Deny Ignorance? I find that slogan hilarious for some of these threads on ATS.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It's always easy to come in the next day and say "nothing happened" ... fact is something did happen which is surely worth consideration. Namely that DC's official communication systems shouldn't be at the mercy of one generator, if one believes that's what happened, potential future vulnerability to attack, and other worthy and reasonable extrapolations. Considering viable alternative theories isn't only what ATS is "about" but the responsible thing to do.

Sure in every thread like this some will have more "imaginative" interpretations, though not to the exaggerated degree you portray above. Surely that is no reason to discount the rest of the conversation which bears validity.

Once again, perhaps in retrospect some folks overreact in their knee-jerk reactions in such situations, but to those of us who live in DC the story as it was unfolding last night merited consideration.

[edit on 30 Mar 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How come I'm always the last to know about these goldn' opportunities?

I coulda been robbin' a bank or somethin' last evenin'....sheesh.

Now you tell me!? .... Thanks for nuttin'.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I see no harm in DG throwing out a few possibilities. I put mine out there. It does seem a little odd that our nation's capital hasn't worked out all of the kinks in their emergency communications system. They might want to look into that.

Yes you could argue it's possible a pesky unicorn or two ate the generator but come on our vital services should have fail safe methods in place. It's like the firemen having no water pressure or the traffic lights all going out at once. All these things could leave the public vulnerable.

When in pursuit on foot I believe officers use shoulder mounted radios to communicate. LE would have to make some pretty tough decisions about what calls to respond to and what new safeguards should be observed. They could get itchy trigger fingers not wanting to pursue someone. Not to mention the criminal element feeling a little more free to do whatever. Bad situation either way you look at it. Imo it should never have happened. I think their reason behind reporting it was so the public would be aware of slow or no response time. What don't they run tests of their communications system? Seems they like to practice with their toys and might though.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Maybe I pressed the wrong switch....wait.....oh yeah my bad guys. I...yeah sorry let me turn that back on for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Ohhh stop it. Like it wasnt all over FOX NEWS for everyone to see last night DUH

Here come the malcontent, always with a problem view of any situation.

Yea, the world sucks. SURPRISE!! Most conspiracy boards had it, why shouldnt we???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join