It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the stars on country flags?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The U.S flag, the star of Communism, the star that used to be part of Japan. The star on the police badge.

I think the star of Israel is the star of Remphan and I understand the crescent moon and star of Islam goes back to worship of the heavens.

But what is so special about a star? Why is this symbol with so many flags of different countries?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My initial suspicion is that it is a suggestion that the nations beneath starry flags are the rightful owners of the heavens! The bright leaders of all! From farther above! All in a metaphorical sense, of course.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A star is pretty distinctive shape, far more so than a circle, triangle, or square.

What would you rather see, a swastika or skull and crossbones ?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

You do your avatar name a dis-service...go look this information up yourself. It will mean more to you...

Here, I'll get you started...

[edit on 3/29/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

He's seeking the truth from others. Just because it's not an independent form of investigation doesn't make it worse. It just makes it a bit less reliable with a low turnout of advisors. In fact, with a high turnout, it makes it a much better form of investigation. It's a social search for the truth, rather than a private, secretive, selfish one.

When one is a member of a forum containing people who investigate every aspect of every silly little symbol (that is, freemasons and so forth), it makes more sense to ask there first than to just begin lookin' for library books.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Solasis]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Stars have been worshipped or adorned by people since the beginning of civilization, it is really that strange that we would have them in our contemporary icons?

The stars are as far as I know for the America flag, 1 for each state in the Union.

Although it should have 51, cause of Israel in all...

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

When one is a member of a forum containing people who investigate every aspect of every silly little symbol (that is, freemasons and so forth), it makes more sense to ask there first than to just begin lookin' for library books.

I couldn't agree more - you assumed my post centered on library books...no.

It focused on the search bar in the upper right that searches this site for relevant information.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

ah, sorry. I didn't actually assume that you meant only library books. My first impulse was to say "google searches" but that sounded so unscholarly. In any case, does a search on this question on this site turn anything up? Every search i run turns up topics on the rating systems here. Perhaps the "star and flag" system is a mask 'pon inquiries into this subject! ATS wants to hide from us the true meaning of starry flags!

I hereby re-institute the Starry Wisdom Church! Any who star my posts gain wisdom into the true nature of the universe!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

In any case, does a search on this question on this site turn anything up?

Star as a symbol...

Stars & the American flag...

Star and Israel Flag...

Some links within these are half-ass...but with maybe 5 more minutes of patience, I or a plethora of others could find better.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The six pointed star is the heart chakra in hinduism...
But those yogis were all wild out of balance worldly gods often on a rampage...
Like Shiva as in rakshas attended by demons hoards.

There is a reference in Egypt of the duat or the underworld where Osiris is held, the symbol for this is the pentagram in a circle and that 5 point star is famous... and there are multiples of these 5 point stars laying out the celestial location of the duat... sorry the source was some random rosacrusian videos off of red ice creations and can't link it out on the spot.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
5 point star is depiction of Venus travel over our skies - pentagram. Wikipedia entry is pretty instructive on this matter. Pentagram is one of basic symbols with circle, square, cross, phallus. Gothic cathedrals/churches are full of such symbolism and you can not understand it without prior "hermeneutic" knowledge. Good hint for further study is "sacred geometry".

new topics

top topics

join