It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Normal" parents feed their children poison.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was out with the kids the other day when we stopped in Target to do some shopping. As we entered the store, my youngest daughter asked for a drink so we stopped in the food area at the entrance. As usual, a stop for a drink turned into a full meal with hot dogs, soda and ice cream for the kids.

There was a woman with her small toddlers sitting at the table behind us, also getting some food. A few minutes into the meal, the woman got up to get something for her kids and while she was away, my 10 year old daughter said to me very angrily, “Daddy, that lady is WEIRD!”.

I hadn’t noticed anything unusual about the woman so I asked my daughter what was so weird about her. Her response was priceless;

She said She doesn’t let her kids eat anything that she knows is bad for them!.

I had a hard time to keep from laughing at that one. She went on to explain that she was angry that the woman wouldn’t allow her kids to drink Gatorade and she thought that was weird.

I think it’s funny that my daughter implied that “normal” parents feed their kids foods that they KNOW is bad for them. I guess she’s not too far from the truth. We often let them eat at McDonalds and other fast food places. Junk food is a regular part of most kids lives and, like most indulgent parents, I find I am unable to deny my children the simple joys of candy, ice cream and soda.

So next time you take your kids out for some fast food, remember that feeding your kids food that you know is bad for them is perfectly normal. You don’t want some nearby kid to call YOU a weirdo just because you want to feed your kids healthy stuff.

[edit on 3/29/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
From the mouths of babes eh?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Garbage in...garbage out...:shk:

new topics

join