It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am of a school of thought which holds the Bible to be a book that, while not necessarly of divine inspiration, holds great truths and the wisdom of the ancients. I also believe that the Book, while it can be read straight through as one story, can also be read many different ways, on a mathematical basis.

Last night, I was overcome with the urge to search through the books of the Bible dealing mainly with prophecy, and decided to look up what would happen in this year (2010), by reading Chapter 20, verse 10 in all of those books. Of all the writings of the prophets, these were the only which had a verse 20:10;

* Jeremiah, which read "For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him."

*Ezekiel, which read "Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness."

and, finally,

*Revelations, which read "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever.

When we put these together, they fit disturbingly well into one paragraph, which roughly says that some unnamed narrator (presumably in a position of power) living in Egypt is being watched by his enemies, who want to take revenge on him. All around, people are falling from power. He then makes his enemies leave Egypt, and takes them to the wilderness. There, we learn they were decieved by a devil, who is then cast into Hell.

All of these ancient prophecies are put together into one by a simple, math-based reading of the Bible, which can reveal a trove of hidden truths. Can I garauntee all this will occur this year? No. But is it a possibility, considering all the 20:10 verses fit so well? Yes.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Whoa that's quite a theory!
I take it if you follow the same theory and read Chapter 20 and Verse 9 in those same Chapters that you would get what happened in 2009?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ghr54321]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If you turn this into a teleplay, can I have the role of "unnamed narrator?" You don't have to give me the role of the character who the unnamed narrator is -- just the part who is narrated. I've always wanted to be an unnamed narrator.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

Whoa that's quite a theory!
I take it if you follow the same theory and read Chapter 20 and Verse 9 in those same Chapters that you would get what happened in 2009?

It's always difficult to tell about these things, but I believe so. This is from the New International Version (the language is less archaic):

Jeremiah 20:09 "And I can't stop! If I say I'll never mentioned the Lord or speak his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It's like a fire in my bones! I am weary of holding it in!"

Ezekiel 20:09 "But I didn't do it, for I acted to protect the honor of my name. That way the surrounding nations wouldn't laugh at Israel's God, who had promised to deliver the people."

Revelations 20:09 "And I saw them as they went up the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God's people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking enemies and consumed them."

I believe this prophecy to be narrated by a different person (probably a soldier) in one of the Middle Eastern religious wars. He is refraining from speaking about his God to the enemy to protect his honor, so that his religion won't be ridiculed. Then he watches as the enemies go to his city, and "fire from heaven came down [...] and consumed them." That could be any type of weapon coming from the skies.

That said, I may be completely wrong. Maybe verses 20:09 speak of the year 209. Who can tell?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by TruthOverload]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Be very careful of the "buffet-style" theology, where you pick and choose what you offer as proof or theory. Such a theory should apply to all or none of the books and scripture. Such "theories" have little validity unless they can be supported by masses of scripture, direct cross reference proof, and demonstrated. Not trying to poo-poo on your idea...just be careful.

As for predictions of remainder of 2010...wow. Where to start.......

-Emergence of Germany as dominant power in the European Union.
-The reorganization of the EU with 10 dominating member states.
-The continued decline of the USA economically, internationally as the US faces the second dip of the double dip recession/depression
-rise in inflation on scale similar to 1970s
-The EU moves/ is pushed to fill the vaccum left by the US
-The EU/Germany starts first stages of peace process in the Mid-East/Israel-Palestine
-Israel and USA continue to drift apart, leaving Israel isolated, thus driving Israel to EU
-Russia has to deal with rise of Muslim radicalism along southern border
-China will face economic crisis as USA fails it's consumer status
-China asserts itself militarily, maybe a face off over Taiwan to distract a rising restless consumer population in crisis

That's the good stuff, all bets are off if this happens
-Iran is attacked by joint US/Israel/Arab strike against nuclear sites
-The CSTO Treaty Nations are activated and attack Israel and Iraq/US in retaliation playing out the Ezekiel 38-39 option
-Muslim Jihadists overthrow Pakistan and cause a crisis between India/Pakistan
-China invades Taiwan, threatens economic and naval retaliation if US/West reacts...uses UN as backing politically in response to US/Israeli aggression in Persian Gulf
Rise of regional and civil strife in the USA as states, populace respond to Obama efforts at managing/mismanagingt the economy and subsequent "unConstitutional"steps to deal with discontent and economy

Normally, I'm pretty upbeat, but I am afraid this year could be pivotal...so many potential situations around the world like a tenderbox that could spark disaster...kinda like 1938...who's gonna strike the match first?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Following this reasoning, the fact that Isaiah ch66v24 exists would demonstrate that the world will continue until at least the year 6624.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Be very careful of the "buffet-style" theology, where you pick and choose what you offer as proof or theory. Such a theory should apply to all or none of the books and scripture. Such "theories" have little validity unless they can be supported by masses of scripture, direct cross reference proof, and demonstrated. Not trying to poo-poo on your idea...just be careful.

I'm not applying all the books of the Bible, but I have a reason; right now, I am looking solely for prophecy. By that logic, I use only the books composed solely or mostly of prophecy, which are Isaiah through Malachi, and, of course, Revelations. If I was looking for an account of something else, I would use the books pertaining to that subject.

As for predictions of remainder of 2010...wow. Where to start.......

I wonder where you got this information? Source? Or is it from your own clairvoyant ability?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Following this reasoning, the fact that Isaiah ch66v24 exists would demonstrate that the world will continue until at least the year 6624.

Sure. And why not? Though it doesn't sound like 6624 will be very pleasant:

Isaiah 66:24 "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
OP, it's always refreshing to hear new ways of possibly interpreting scripture. Keep searching brother. The clues are all there. I think religion in general limits itself by interpreting scripture to be some physical happening when it could just as easily be a spiritual happening.

join